Can An Atheist Have A Soul?

tristan22

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 03:31 pm
@Setanta,
I've explained it perfectly well, but you still haven't explained why you think I'm wrong. You called it drivel, idiocy and said I'm delusional, but that was your entire argument, if you can call it an argument at all. Just abusive name calling really isn't it. I mentioned Lustig's post because you didn't even manage to point out what exactly I said that you thought was delusional and as it goes, you still haven't. All I can think about your reaction to my post, is that you've never actually experienced the desire to give something to someone just to make them happy. So you truly don't have a clue what I'm talking about... Primitive !! A bit like a nervous dog barking at something strange. Explains your profile picture I guess. If it helps, you really can "believe" absolutely anything, be it true or completely false. "Faith" though, is knowing that something is true beyond question and I know without any question that people are able to give of themselves to others purposefully and selflessly. You tell children the gifts came from Santa to deflect the possibility of personal gain away from yourself. Santa acts a mediator, or a gateway, or a spiritual postal service through which the desires are presented and the gratitude and love is given from us and into the life force itself. As you get older you're meant to get it you know. like, not stop believing in Santa, but come to understand the whole true purposeful underlying meaning of Father Christmas and Christmas day.
tristan22

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 05:41 pm
@tristan22,
Kirlian Photography Technique:

Developments in the twentieth century have provided us with supporting evidence that beings are not composed only of their bodily parts, and that there are mysteries beyond matter and energy. Among these are the experiments that took place in the 1940s which demonstrated that living things have a secondary energy body. This technique was named after Semyon and Vaentilla Kirlian, inventors and electricians from Krasnodar, Russia. In the presence of a high-frequency, high-voltage, low-amperage electrical field, the photographs of different objects show glowing, multicolored emanations. These are said to be auras or biofields. After years of study, they were able to take pictures of the energy field that surrounds humans, animals, plants and all living organisms. Their research and subsequent discoveries were the result of observations made in a hospital. During the shock treatment of a patient, there were sparks that jumped through the glass electrodes on the skin of the patient. Inspired by this, Semyon Kirliyan used the instrument at home and performed the first experiment on himself. During the experiment, he saw a blue spark along with a small electric shock and when he processed the film, he saw the silhouette of his finger. Blazing beams from his finger were easily seen in this very first photograph.
The Kirlian technique attracted much attention in many universities in Russia. In 1968 doctors V. Inyushin, W. Grisshchenko, N. Vorobev, N. Shoinki, N. Federova, and F. Gibadulin stated in a joint declaration that All living organisms not only have a physical body composed of atoms and molecules, but they also have an energy body which is a replica of the physical one. This second body was called the bioplasmic body.
tristan22

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 06:10 pm
@tristan22,
Bioplasm, or protoplasmic gas is created in a nuclear explosion when atoms are evaporated by extreme heat. An atom is invisible to the human eye even magnified a million times by a electron microscope, You kinda have to imagine how small the resulting particles of an atom are after it's been evaporated by a nuclear explosion to imagine what a bioplasmic body consists of. The particles are so small they can pass through any physical substance on earth as easily you and me can pass through air. The only thing that can contain protoplasm or the bioplasmic body is an electrical force field such as the human Aura, which ceases to exist after the physical death of a human being or any animate physical body.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2011 04:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

You immediately arrive at the erroneous conclusion that the soul is separate from the biology. Totally erroneous conclusion.

Why is it totally erroneous?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2011 12:56 am
@Lustig Andrei,
When the body dies, the brain ceases to function. That's biology 101.
tristan22

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2011 07:56 am
@cicerone imposter,
But the body can be kept alive by machinery. A baby can still develop in the womb. The individual cells can still process food, multiply and repair injuries to the physical structure. The brain is not dead at all is it then. Every cell within it is still alive and perfectly well. Something's missing though eh !! cause it's stopped working for some inexplicable reason. Another human has to put the food in. Move the body round etc from the outside and a machine has to tell the heart to pump by some means I don't understand. I wonder what went missing. we all think of ourselves as "me" as if there's just ourself involved. But the body's really a colony of countless billions of cells, each with it's own individual life. You can take just 1 single cell and keep it alive and it will multiply and try to recreate another entire physical host. It actually can't !! well, Not unless you connect it to the brain of a human being, by feeding it via the vascular system of a living person. Then it will grow into an exact replica of that person. It's called cloning. It doesn't work if you connect it to a brain dead person on life support though. I wonder why ? It's odd as hell cause there doesn't seem to be a single thing missing.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2011 10:09 am
@tristan22,
You'll never "getit." When the body dies regardless of whether it's kept alive artificially is still alive - not dead. If the body is kept alive artificially, but there is no brain wave, that individual is technically dead.

As for any unborn, it's not a legal individual or citizen. It can still die at birth.
north

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2011 01:50 pm

this thread is alot of non-sense

Atheist have soul

Human Soul
tristan22

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2011 08:51 pm
@cicerone imposter,
What's a brain wave. I mean what/where's it come from. Where'd it go. why did it go. I mean the brain has an unconscious a subconscious and a consciousness. Like a computer has a hard drive memory, a random access memory and your **conscious self** If you get up and leave the pc it's still working isn't it, but wont actually work because the required conscious self has got up and left. Someone can access it externally sort of, with an interface system via the internet and make it work, like with the life support machines. Very similar isn't it. Like a dead body on life support has probably got it's hard drive and it's random access still intact too. Which is gona start to rot and fall apart unless you go back and take care of it too, just like a dead person. Internal Pc memory is even stored in the same type of physical trace elements as are part of the genetic makeup of a human body. Maybe the conscious bit in a human is internally resident, but it up and left and there's no one there to tell the physical bits what to do.
tristan22

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2011 09:29 pm
@north,
I think the argument about divorce is fair stupid as well, but it divided the Cathoilcs and gave rise to the church of England which is designed by Jews, led by the freemasonry, derived from the masonic order of the rosy cross, in itself a derivative of the original ancient order of Rosicrucianism and is in reality the true Illuminati and order of the golden dawn who now threaten to overthrow the entire planet. Millions upon millions have died over that well designed argument. The Jehova's are even more pathetic. They formed an opposing fraction just because they think God is called Jehovah. Imagine what the c of e (Illuminati) might do to anyone who opposes them if they finally get full control and they will. An atheist will probably be seen as a threat to conventional conformist society and treated like a terrorist.
north

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 11:31 am
@tristan22,
tristan22 wrote:

I think the argument about divorce is fair stupid as well, but it divided the Cathoilcs and gave rise to the church of England which is designed by Jews, led by the freemasonry, derived from the masonic order of the rosy cross, in itself a derivative of the original ancient order of Rosicrucianism and is in reality the true Illuminati and order of the golden dawn who now threaten to overthrow the entire planet. Millions upon millions have died over that well designed argument. The Jehova's are even more pathetic. They formed an opposing fraction just because they think God is called Jehovah. Imagine what the c of e (Illuminati) might do to anyone who opposes them if they finally get full control and they will.

worrisome to your last thought

Quote:
An atheist will probably be seen as a threat to conventional conformist society and treated like a terrorist.

lets hope not

but I'd to think that are enough people , the public , to think otherwise

tristan22

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 05:56 pm
@north,
Yeah Lets hope not !! I just mean that little arguments like this can lead to just about anything.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 06:02 pm
@tristan22,
tristan22 wrote:
gave rise to the church of England which is designed by Jews, led by the freemasonry, derived from the masonic order of the rosy cross, in itself a derivative of the original ancient order of Rosicrucianism and is in reality the true Illuminati and order of the golden dawn who now threaten to overthrow the entire planet.

my goodness. you are certifiable.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 06:03 pm
@tristan22,
tristan22 wrote:
All I can think about your reaction to my post, is that you've never actually experienced the desire to give something to someone just to make them happy.

you don`t know what you`re talking about

at all
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 07:11 am
@tristan22,
<in your attempts to compare a brain that is biological and a computer shows you are clueless to reality. The comparison just doesn't exist in the real world. A computer just needs hardware, software, and electricity. A brain needs life for it to function.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 07:19 am
This thread has entered the twilight zone . . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 07:26 am
@tristan22,
You haven't "explained" anything. You've just made an appeal to your "faith" that this or that is true. That's not an explanation, that's a dodge, a retreat into belief to avoid the burden of establishing your claims. Now you write: "'Faith' though, is knowing that something is true beyond question and I know without any question that people are able to give of themselves to others purposefully and selflessly." Just before that, you wrote that i don't have a clue what you're talking about. That's because you don't have a clue what you're talking about. You're babbling nonsense about Santa and Christmas, but you're not addressing the criticisms i made of your claims several posts ago. That's why i say you're delusional, and that you post idiocy.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 07:31 am
@tristan22,
tristan22 wrote:
Sin is an Arabic word shouted out when an archer misses his target.

Here's a wonderful example of your level of delusion. This is pure bullshit--you're making this **** up as you go along.

From the Online Etymology Dictionary:

O.E. synn "moral wrongdoing, offense against God, misdeed," from P.Gmc. *sundjo (cf. O.S. sundia, O.Fris. sende, M.Du. sonde, Ger. Sünde "sin, transgression, trespass, offense"),

How can you possibly expect to be taken seriously, when you make up such feeble crap as this and try to pass it off here? This post, quoted above, was truly idiocy.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 08:28 pm
As for me, when I use the word 'soul' I mean what the word 'ego' used to mean in pre-Freudian days, i.e. the 'self' that has no physical characteristics, no sensual existence. For me, this 'self', this 'ego' merely inhabits the physical body which I possess. I am not the fingers typing this, nor the brain that formulates what I type. The ego directs the corpus.
tristan22

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 10:50 pm
@Setanta,
That's just 1 of dozens of interpretations of a word that you've taken from an English dictionary of some sort. Another says it's an abbreviation of the word SINGLE The word you put forward's spelt differently even and the meaning of it was invented and proclaimed to be the truth by the very same people who wrote and use religious literature to control and manipulate just about everyone to their own ends. Do you get it that nothing whatsoever that happened in the bible happened in England. Jesus wasn't English but every single picture or statue of him looks like a white English hippie. I have little doubt you think that proves he was in fact an English hippie Because that is what British, Irish, American blah blah religious experts have always led everyone to believe. Just because it suited them to produce such an obviously False image and you being so much the intelligent believer, use a bit of English literature to prove I'm half mad and somehow think you're brilliant and found a wonderful example of my madness. Arabic Adjudicators did shout SIN when an archer missed his target. I guess it meant missed. Or tried and failed. By the way one of the guys that wrote the concise English dictionary was a schizophrenic, originally employed to brand the letter D onto deserters from the armed forces and there's an Arabic word HELL that means a hole in the ground for burning rubbish.