Exploring philosophy through humor

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 04:48 am
@William,
I am Mediocre in some things, I am sorry about thât. U try a joke in Dutch 4 me ?
Twirlip

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 05:31 am
@Robert Gentel,
Two behaviourists meet at a conference: "Hi! How am I?" "You're fine. How am I?"

Two behaviourists are having sex. One says to the other, "That was great for you! How was it for me?"
William

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 10:50 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep wrote:

I am Mediocre in some things, I am sorry about thât. U try a joke in Dutch 4 me ?

Ha, does that mean we "jokingly" treat each other the same? I am having a difficult enough time with the English ones, as mentioned. Please don't get me lying in Dutch.

William
William

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 10:53 am
By the way, Pep do you actually type the words you use or do you have translating program, if you don't mind me asking?

William
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 11:06 am
@William,
Dictionary: New Websters, college version 1981 (second hand)

I bought an American dictionairy when I joined Philosophy Forum. I use it mainly for spelling. Can't get the compuer to do it for me. It does slow me down.

PS Rest of my books are mainly in the Attick-room (up the stairs usually) Mr. Green
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 11:15 am
@William,
Thot or Troth; Hermes would challenge you. I am more a yeoman. I care 4 the neighbours. I do not believe in grand scale gouvernment. Like more local rule by a Wise Man.
William

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 11:19 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep wrote:

Dictionary: New Websters, college version

Rest of my books are mainly in the Attick-room (up the stairs usually)

Thanks if attic means what I think you mean it to mean. Attick is a typo I presume or did you use that word for other reasons? One letter would transform that word to attack. I guess you could call it an attic attack or a war of words or a meeting of the minds on a battlefield, huh?

William
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 11:23 am
@William,
It is my Library/Guest-room/Storage. It is called different in Dutch. It translates to "going up", a retreat.
0 Replies

William

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 11:26 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep wrote:

Thot or Troth; Hermes would challenge you. I am more a yeoman. I care 4 the neighbours. I do not believe in grand scale gouvernment. Like more local rule by a Wise Man.

Local like the planet Earth. I guess it would be a little far fetched for many to think on that scale. I can't help it that's just how I do think. Grand scale government? I have never thought that way! A grand scale cooperation and consideration...................yes. most definitely indefinitely.

William
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 11:28 am
@William,
Glad with your input. What is your forte ?
William

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 11:39 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep wrote:

Glad with your input. What is your forte ?

I have been a salesman all my life with an expertise in insurance, advertising and signs. I understand all of those rather well and why most need them now. Unfortunately, I have also discovered, they truly don't need any of them if the truth were known and adhered to. Please don't ask me to explain further, I don't enough ink in my computer. Ha!

William
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 11:46 am
@William,
I study signs ! @WWW
William

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 10:05 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep wrote:

I study signs ! @WWW

Yes, you could say everyone does; it's called reading. Signs have been out there seemingly for ever as every letter you type is one. We've been drawing them every where and sad some are drawing them to a conclusion. Ha!

William
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 10:55 pm
@William,
Do not estoppel this thread ?
William

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 03:56 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep wrote:

Do not estoppel this thread ?

Ha, I can't? I didn't estarttel it; Robert did! Very Happy
0 Replies

melonkali

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2010 08:29 am
@Twirlip,
Twirlip wrote:

Two behaviourists meet at a conference: "Hi! How am I?" "You're fine. How am I?"

Two behaviourists are having sex. One says to the other, "That was great for you! How was it for me?"

Psychology jokes, eh?

Welcome to the Psychiatric Hotline.
If you are obsessive-compulsive, please press 1 repeatedly.
If you are co-dependent, please ask someone to press 2.
If you have multiple personalities, please press 3, 4, 5, and 6.
If you are paranoid-delusional, we know who you are and what you want. Just stay on the line so we can trace the call.
If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and a little voice will tell you which number to press.
If you are depressed, it doesn't matter which number you press. No one will answer.
If you are delusional and occasionally hallucinate, please be aware that the thing you are holding on the side of your head is alive and about to bite off your ear.

rebecca
0 Replies