0
   

Is homosexuality circumstancial or biological?

 
 
Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2010 04:39 am
I've heard many causes of sexuality, one being that the woman can produce more of a chemacal in the womb which gives the child for femininity. I've also heard the wacky, that eating tinned pineapple exposes you to a chemacal which can also cause you to be more feminin, not too sure about that :/

Would be interested on your opinions even more on the facts you could come up with please post (:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 6,956 • Replies: 123
No top replies

 
xris
 
  1  
Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2010 04:48 am
@Ali phil,
Nurture or nature..that is the question..I don't believe it has anything to do with hormones or the desire to be feminine. As for pineapples ..pineapple chunks, causing chinks in my sexuality?..ummmmmm
0 Replies
 
jgweed
 
  1  
Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2010 07:59 am
@Ali phil,
It might be the case that it is not a case of either/or, but that for a high number of instances, the causes of homosexuality in either gender are biological in origin (genetic, perhaps). Whether either satisfactorily accounts for what appears to be a very wide spectrum of sexual preferences, with bisexuality somewhere in the centre, is open, primarily because little is known about the area (sampling until very recent times is open to criticism).
Pepijn Sweep
 
  1  
Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2010 08:19 am
@jgweed,
Homo sexuality is cirkum stancial I think
IT is a nice state of being
Queensday 2010 AMS
PaX :perplexed:
xris
 
  1  
Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2010 09:10 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;157079 wrote:
Homo sexuality is cirkum stancial I think
IT is a nice state of being
Queensday 2010 AMS
PaX :perplexed:

Circumstantial...:perplexed: so it might be who is closest..or who you get marooned with ?:bigsmile:
Pepijn Sweep
 
  1  
Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2010 09:20 am
@xris,
I an open society there would be more people with a gay-life style. I am intrigued by what makes heterosexuals see homosexuals as a thread?
xris
 
  1  
Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2010 12:43 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;157099 wrote:
I an open society there would be more people with a gay-life style. I am intrigued by what makes heterosexuals see homosexuals as a thread?
I dont think its a threat to me but I dont understand the concept or the need to be homosexual. Is it the physical act that appeals or is it more profound. I'm not anti homosexual just bewildered.
sometime sun
 
  1  
Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2010 05:29 pm
@xris,
I ate a whole pineapple last night...............

It is biological for those who have a higher gay percentage in the gay hetro scale and more circumstantial for those lower in the gay hetor scale.
Some have a more medium gay hetro percentage so have to make more choices, the higher or lower on the scale the less you need to be circumstantial the less room there is for choice.

What would your percentage be?
Are you a high medium or low gay or hetro?

Why do men have nipples?
I dont believe anyone is 100 percent anything.
Pepijn Sweep
 
  1  
Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2010 05:43 pm
@sometime sun,
Is homophily the same as humanisme ?
Modern day monks and sisters ?

Open-minded fighting taboos ?
Error on error makes Right ?

Is intelligence cirumstantial or biological ?
Was Leonardo da Vinci Genius;

Homo Universalis
Viva la Humanidad ?
polpol
 
  1  
Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2010 05:50 pm
@xris,
As a woman, I enjoy the friendship of homosexual men, but not homosexual women who make me feel just like with macho men. Where I live, same sex marriages are well accepted. Homosexuality is a good contraceptive method and there is a link between overpopulation and homosexuality among many species. On the other hand, I am sad when I see a handsome, healthy and intelligeant person, not reproduce, it's bad for the species. The Greeks practised homosexuality (sodomy and pedophily), but not exclusively, they would still marry to reproduce, homosexuality was just a way to maximise pleasure. Anyways, we must be respectful of homosexuals as they participate in our society and contribute in many ways in making this world better, I'm not sure we would have all this horrible wars had we let homosexuals decide!
sometime sun
 
  1  
Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2010 05:52 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;157303 wrote:
Is homophily the same as humanisme ?
Modern day monks and sisters ?

Open-minded fighting taboos ?
Error on error makes Right ?

Is intelligence cirumstantial or biological ?
Was Leonardo da Vinci Genius;

Homo Universalis
Viva la Humanidad ?

Excellent.
Is homosexuality the real monastic cloistered life?
No need for the monks or nuns to go without, just that they dont breed?

Again even with inteligence there is this scale,
Some are naturaly affliated to expression or understanding some need to make choices about thier education.
Some are so 'stupid' and ignorant they have no choice and will never make one where those who are naturally brilliant have no choice either, it is those of us in the middle who are the circumstantial ones and the ones who need to make more choice over what and where we learn.
Brilliant responce Pepijn

---------- Post added 04-28-2010 at 12:58 AM ----------

polpol;157308 wrote:
As a woman, I enjoy the friendship of homosexual men, but not homosexual women who make me feel just like with macho men. Where I live, same sex marriages are well accepted. Homosexuality is a good contraceptive method and there is a link between overpopulation and homosexuality among many species. On the other hand, I am sad when I see a handsome, healthy and intelligeant person, not reproduce, it's bad for the species. The Greeks practised homosexuality (sodomy and pedophily), but not exclusively, they would still marry to reproduce, homosexuality was just a way to maximise pleasure. Anyways, we must be respectful of homosexuals as they participate in our society and contribute in many ways in making this world better, I'm not sure we would have all this horrible wars had we let homosexuals decide!

There are also many breeders who would for the human race better off steralised, (but please dont quote me on that)
I think it is women who would do away with war,
homosexuals can be as agresive as any hetro sexual,
Drama ensues
Pepijn Sweep
 
  1  
Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2010 06:14 pm
@sometime sun,
Gays can be anything. Hadrianus was one of the best Roman Emperors. Alexander the Great was a famous warrior. Erasmus & Thomas Moore were good friends...
0 Replies
 
Leonard
 
  1  
Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2010 07:06 pm
@Ali phil,
Ali;157018 wrote:
I've heard many causes of sexuality, one being that the woman can produce more of a chemacal in the womb which gives the child for femininity. I've also heard the wacky, that eating tinned pineapple exposes you to a chemacal which can also cause you to be more feminin, not too sure about that :/

Would be interested on your opinions even more on the facts you could come up with please post (:

I heard there was a correlation between testosterone in the womb and homosexuality. There are also correlations between testosterone and other things such as autism, but that doesn't mean it can't be circumstantial.
0 Replies
 
Ali phil
 
  1  
Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 03:18 am
@Ali phil,
Sometime sun 'There are also many breeders who would for the human race better off steralised, (but please dont quote me on that)
I think it is women who would do away with war,
homosexuals can be as agresive as any hetro sexual,
Drama ensues'

Margerate thatcher was a woman was she not?
Falklands?
Joan of ark? (not sure on spelling)
People in positions of power make wars not men, it just so happens due to sexism through history the majority of leaders were men.
What about the Amazonians? (woman worriors that chopped of one breast so they could be better marksmen(women) with their bow.
Banks make war..
If Miss Clinton had won the election their would still have been an increased number of American troops being sent around the globe.

---------- Post added 04-28-2010 at 09:23 PM ----------

"Gays can be anything. Hadrianus was one of the best Roman Emperors. Alexander the Great was a famous warrior. Erasmus & Thomas Moore were good friends..." - Previous statement.

A Roman Emperor also had sex with his mother and sister at the same time.
Alexander was not 'gay'. The movie was very miss leading.
Homosexuality isnt a physical act, streight people do 'gay' actions often.
In Macadonia sex with other males was common for various reasons, one of which was there was no women in the Macadonian army, so when out on the long years of campaining, they would simply have 'gaysex'. But they were not Homosexuals they did it for pleasure not love.
Pepijn Sweep
 
  1  
Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 03:49 am
@Ali phil,
Ali;157467 wrote:
Sometime sun 'There are also many breeders who would for the human race better off steralised, (but please dont quote me on that)
I think it is women who would do away with war,
homosexuals can be as agresive as any hetro sexual,
Drama ensues'

Margerate thatcher was a woman was she not?
Falklands?
Joan of ark? (not sure on spelling)
People in positions of power make wars not men, it just so happens due to sexism through history the majority of leaders were men.
What about the Amazonians? (woman worriors that chopped of one breast so they could be better marksmen(women) with their bow.
Banks make war..
If Miss Clinton had won the election their would still have been an increased number of American troops being sent around the globe.

---------- Post added 04-28-2010 at 09:23 PM ----------

"Gays can be anything. Hadrianus was one of the best Roman Emperors. Alexander the Great was a famous warrior. Erasmus & Thomas Moore were good friends..." - Previous statement.

A Roman Emperor also had sex with his mother and sister at the same time.
Alexander was not 'gay'. The movie was very miss leading.
Homosexuality isnt a physical act, streight people do 'gay' actions often.
In Macadonia sex with other males was common for various reasons, one of which was there was no women in the Macadonian army, so when out on the long years of campaining, they would simply have 'gaysex'. But they were not Homosexuals they did it for pleasure not love.



  1. Would it not be easier to rape women of the conquered territories ?
  2. Now there are gays and woman in the army; still same things happen...
  3. Were arab armies basicly different from christian armies around 1000 AD ?
  4. Is the female bloodline important in Arab culture ?
  5. :nonooo:

  6. Love between consenting adults is beautiful ! Not necessarily sexual; so many forms of love in the World I Think:lol:

0 Replies
 
sometime sun
 
  1  
Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 02:10 pm
@Ali phil,
Ali;157467 wrote:
Sometime sun 'There are also many breeders who would for the human race better off steralised, (but please dont quote me on that)
I think it is women who would do away with war,
homosexuals can be as agresive as any hetro sexual,
Drama ensues'

Margerate thatcher was a woman was she not?
Falklands?
Joan of ark? (not sure on spelling)
People in positions of power make wars not men, it just so happens due to sexism through history the majority of leaders were men.
What about the Amazonians? (woman worriors that chopped of one breast so they could be better marksmen(women) with their bow.
Banks make war..
If Miss Clinton had won the election their would still have been an increased number of American troops being sent around the globe.

---------- Post added 04-28-2010 at 09:23 PM ----------

"Gays can be anything. Hadrianus was one of the best Roman Emperors. Alexander the Great was a famous warrior. Erasmus & Thomas Moore were good friends..." - Previous statement.

A Roman Emperor also had sex with his mother and sister at the same time.
Alexander was not 'gay'. The movie was very miss leading.
Homosexuality isnt a physical act, streight people do 'gay' actions often.
In Macadonia sex with other males was common for various reasons, one of which was there was no women in the Macadonian army, so when out on the long years of campaining, they would simply have 'gaysex'. But they were not Homosexuals they did it for pleasure not love.

Perhaps then no one is homosexual or hetro sexual?
Perhaps it is all an act?

(side note, do you prefer to write out the quote or do you need a little help in using the quote buttons? here ot help)
0 Replies
 
polpol
 
  1  
Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 02:41 pm
@Ali phil,
I always wondered, where does the term "gay" come from, sounds better than "sodomites" as homos were called in Louis X1V (? the sun king) times.
Pepijn Sweep
 
  1  
Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 03:15 pm
@polpol,
Sodomites could also be straight
0 Replies
 
HexHammer
 
  1  
Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 05:38 pm
@Ali phil,
Homosexuallity is both genetic and enviromental.

Homosexuallity occur both amongst animals and inects, Iirc it's a defunct on the chromozon 20.

In some states of ancient Greece, Persia and Japan homosexuallity was common as it was an enviromental caused.
polpol
 
  1  
Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 06:15 pm
@HexHammer,
So if homosexuality is circumstancial and biological, it is just like all other human traits and I think Sometime Sun made it quite clear. Thank you Sometime Sun and Pepijn I learned something. Correct me if I am wrong but the way you present it, we understand that heteros experience homosexuality at some point in their lives, then they decide what they want?
 

Related Topics

How can we be sure? - Discussion by Raishu-tensho
DOES NOTHING EXIST??? - Question by mark noble
Proof of nonexistence of free will - Discussion by litewave
morals and ethics, how are they different? - Question by existential potential
Destroy My Belief System, Please! - Discussion by Thomas
Star Wars in Philosophy. - Discussion by Logicus
Existence of Everything. - Discussion by Logicus
Is it better to be feared or loved? - Discussion by Black King
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Is homosexuality circumstancial or biological?
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 07/20/2019 at 06:32:09