Does time really exist?

ughaibu

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 09:38 pm
@north,
north wrote:
TIME HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WITH THE ESSENCE OF THE MOTION IN THE FIRST PLACE , OF THINGS
thats whats important to understand
As it stands, I dont understand. If motion cant be defined without including time, then how is "the essence of motion" independent of time?
north

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 09:53 pm
@ughaibu,
ughaibu wrote:

north wrote:
TIME HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WITH THE ESSENCE OF THE MOTION IN THE FIRST PLACE , OF THINGS
thats whats important to understand

Quote:
As it stands, I dont understand. If motion cant be defined without including time, then how is "the essence of motion" independent of time?

true , you don't understand what I'm trying to convey

what I'm saying is that , first motion has NOTHING to do with time

for instance consider a game of snooker , what is the essence of the movement of your turn to shoot ? lets start here

ughaibu

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 09:57 pm
@north,
north wrote:
for instance consider a game of snooker , what is the essence of the movement of your turn to shoot ? lets start here
Before I can start, I need to know what you mean by "essence of movement", also, how do you define "turns" without reference to time?
north

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 09:59 pm
@ughaibu,
ughaibu wrote:

north wrote:
Before I can start, I need to know what you mean by "essence of movement", also, how do you define "turns" without reference to time?

I'll get to all of your questions just bare with me
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 10:02 pm
@ughaibu,
ughaibu wrote:
Can you define motion without including time?
Displacement.
ughaibu

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 10:04 pm
@thack45,
thack45 wrote:
Displacement.
Something like A has motion if. . . ?
thack45

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 10:15 pm
@ughaibu,
I don't know about that but I mean displacement as the observation of an object moving from one point to another.
north

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 10:17 pm

ughaibu

it is your turn to shoot , notice that you are physical form , which interacts with other physical forms , pool cue , white ball , which hits either the red , black , pink , green , blue etc. balls , now we can calculate by using time as to the speed of your shoot and position prior to your shoot

true ?

get me so far ? just a simple yes or no

ughaibu

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 10:18 pm
@thack45,
thack45 wrote:
I don't know about that but I mean displacement as the observation of an object moving from one point to another.
"From one point to another" seems to me to include time. Can you state this without reference to time?
ughaibu

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 10:19 pm
@north,
north wrote:
ughaibu
it is your turn to shoot , notice that you are physical form , which interacts with other physical forms , pool cue , white ball , which hits either the red , black , pink , green , blue etc. balls , now we can calculate by using time as to the speed of your shoot and position prior to your shoot
true ?
Yes.
thack45

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 10:32 pm
@ughaibu,
ughaibu wrote:
"From one point to another" seems to me to include time. Can you state this without reference to time?
This would only be so if you wish to arbitrarily count cyclycal increments or events that happened as the object travels between the two points.
north

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 10:34 pm
@ughaibu,
ughaibu wrote:

north wrote:
ughaibu
true ?

Quote:
Yes.

good

so now say that you were replaced by time as the physical form that took the shot , how would time do this ? physically..
ughaibu

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 10:37 pm
@thack45,
thack45 wrote:
This would only be so if you wish to arbitrarily count cyclycal increments or events that happened as the object travels between the two points.
Okay, please provide a definition or description which avoids this. As far as I can see, you'll be stuck with something like A is at P1 and A is not at P2, and A is not at P1 and A is at P2, which doesn't make a great deal of sense.
ughaibu

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 10:38 pm
@north,
north wrote:
so now say that you were replaced by time as the physical form that took the shot , how would time do this ? physically..
I've no idea, why not tell me.
north

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 10:39 pm
@thack45,
thack45 wrote:

ughaibu wrote:

thack45

were not ignoring you here but for now , if you don't mind this discussion at this point , is between ughaibu and myself

nothing personal , you understand

north
north

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 10:47 pm
@ughaibu,
ughaibu wrote:

north wrote:

thats the thing , time can't

time can't because time isn't physical but is a consequence of physical movement by physical things which change position , which is measureable by using time

understand what I'm saying ?
ughaibu

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 10:52 pm
@north,
north wrote:
a consequence of physical movement by physical things which change position , which is measureable by using time
And if it is only measurable using time, then it appears that it can only be defined in terms of time. So there doesn't appear to be any independence of motion from time, and to say
Luzy wrote:
we are living in motion not in time.
seems to be nonsense.
thack45

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 10:55 pm
@north,
With respect to ughaibu, he seems to be doing a fine job of arguing with the both of us at once. Mr. Green
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 11:01 pm
@north,
north wrote:

ughaibu wrote:

north wrote:

thats the thing , time can't

time can't because time isn't physical but is a consequence of physical movement by physical things which change position , which is measureable by using time

understand what I'm saying ?
Time to me most certainly is not physical, but it is not a consequence of motion but rather a measurement of it.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 11:07 pm
@ughaibu,
ughaibu wrote:

thack45 wrote:
Okay, please provide a definition or description which avoids this. As far as I can see, you'll be stuck with something like A is at P1 and A is not at P2, and A is not at P1 and A is at P2, which doesn't make a great deal of sense.
I don't mean to appear snide, but the definition would be length.