Drugs

Theaetetus

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 08:14 pm
@Aedes,
Aedes;74904 wrote:
He plagiarized a lot of what he and Watson used. All Crick did was sit in his office playing with molecular model kits.

I was just about to post nearly the same response.
0 Replies

nameless

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 08:16 pm
@Aedes,
Aedes;74904 wrote:
He plagiarized a lot of what he and Watson used. All Crick did was sit in his office playing with molecular model kits.

Too bad that the idiots at the Nobel Prize organization didn't ask you first! You could have enlightened them.

Perhaps it was that 'playing' while under the influence that allowed his discovery.

Going to argue about all the artists also? Poe plaguerized who? How about Hemmingway or Picasso or or or or or, etc.
Do you work for the gov't propaganda office?
Whatever...
0 Replies

Aedes

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 08:28 pm
@Imnotrussian,
This is very well known about Watson and Crick, and it was not well known in Stockholm.

It's not that what they did was meaningless. But Watson and Crick themselves did nearly none of the chemistry or X-ray crystallography that allowed them to solve the structure using model kits. And the people who did most of the work did NOT win the Nobel Prize (with one glaring tragedy being that Rosalind Franklin, who did far more than Watson or Crick, died before the prize was awarded).

Rosalind Franklin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Molecular Structure of Nucleic Acids: A Structure for Deoxyribose Nucleic Acid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
0 Replies

William

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 08:50 pm
@Theaetetus,
Theaetetus;74888 wrote:
I just think it is ridiculous that as a society we spend so much money putting nonviolent "criminals" into prisons and jails. That money could be spent far more responsibly. Most drug users are no harm to anyone but themselves. It just makes no sense to lock them up behind bars.

Hello T, before you settle on these statements please give me your opinion on the findings of this link.

Crime and Drug Legalization

Thanks,
William
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2009 05:09 am
@Theaetetus,
Theaetetus;74885 wrote:
Thanks for that piece of evidence. As someone that is not in the medical field, my knowledge is very limited. I have been reading a book about the cultural history of intoxication, so my limited knowledge is probably skewed by that individual author's perspective.

You can get clean needles from most chemists and cin bins, (whatever that means), to discard them properly and safely. If a person cant get a clean needle then you can clean a used on by flushing it with hot water and washing up liquid or just hot water, i dont think it makes the needle one hundred percent safe but it will reduce the risk of contracting blood borne virses such as the heps and HIV.
Imnotrussian

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2009 07:06 am
@Caroline,
Caroline;75023 wrote:
You can get clean needles from most chemists and cin bins, (whatever that means), to discard them properly and safely. If a person cant get a clean needle then you can clean a used on by flushing it with hot water and washing up liquid or just hot water, i dont think it makes the needle one hundred percent safe but it will reduce the risk of contracting blood borne virses such as the heps and HIV.

an open flame usually sterilises a needle when it exceeds 80 degrees and it is spelled Sin Bin for obvious reasons
Caroline

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2009 07:24 am
@Imnotrussian,
Imnotrussian;75048 wrote:
an open flame usually sterilises a needle when it exceeds 80 degrees and it is spelled Sin Bin for obvious reasons

It's not advisable to do that to do to a needle before injecting besides that wouldn't sterilise the barrel which is where the virus also is, you need to flush it through.
And what do you mean by obvious reasons? The only thing I can think of is cin as in incinerate.
nameless

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2009 05:49 pm
@Imnotrussian,
Interesting show on History International Channel - "History of Our Forefathers", on how many legitimate historians think that the signers of the Amerikkkan Constitution were stoned on canabis (and alcohol, a bunch of lecherous and out-of-control men) when they wrote and signed the document!
One of the arguably greatest documents in history, stoner's genius!
And the 'evidence' grows...
Another staggering blow to the government propagandists and their parrot-brained stooges.
0 Replies

Aedes

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2009 06:28 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline;75023 wrote:
you can clean a used on by flushing it with hot water and washing up liquid or just hot water, i dont think it makes the needle one hundred percent safe but it will reduce the risk of contracting blood borne virses such as the heps and HIV.
Not even close to 100% safe. Cleaning the inside of a needle is near impossible, especially with an agent that would inactivate viruses. There is no technique, even in hospitals with high tech sterilization techniques (like ethylene oxide or autoclaves) that can guarantee the cleanliness and sterility of the inside of a needle, and certainly no home technique.

Sharps disposal containers are usually incinerated. They're made from a plastic that will encase its contents.
Didymos Thomas

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2009 07:26 pm
@William,
Aedes;74887 wrote:
We say that (about crime and legalization), but I don't know that it's true. First of all, there isn't much crime around the cannabis trade (except for the growth / sale / use of cannabis itself).

You'd think so, and so did I for a very long time. However, the current prohibition often places the marijuana trade alongside the trade of other drugs. Guns, counterfeit, beatings, theft - these have all become common in our subculture.

William;74906 wrote:

Judging from your signature, you don't seem to be having a very good time. Just an observation is all.

Or he just ate some mescaline and stands a 50% of having a blast and a 50% chance of spending the next eight hours in an awful introspective spiral wherein he feels his life, along with the world around him, is collapsing and falling to pieces.

Or, perhaps, he's so damn drunk that he is laughing the whole while; although pathetic, having a great time - well, a great time until he wakes up in the morning covered in caked on vomit with a pounding headache.

So, I'd say, roughly a 33% chance that he is having a wonderful time based on the signature alone.

Oh, and William, if you want a break down of that article, let me know. It will be a little time consuming, but I'd be happy to dispel their well-intentioned, fear induced hallucinations which comprise a great portion of that article.
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 12:30 am
@Aedes,
Aedes;75163 wrote:
Not even close to 100% safe. Cleaning the inside of a needle is near impossible, especially with an agent that would inactivate viruses. There is no technique, even in hospitals with high tech sterilization techniques (like ethylene oxide or autoclaves) that can guarantee the cleanliness and sterility of the inside of a needle, and certainly no home technique.

Sharps disposal containers are usually incinerated. They're made from a plastic that will encase its contents.

I didnt know that, you'd think that high tech sterilization would kill any virus but obviously not. I guess it's best to always make sure a person can get a new one and never share.
0 Replies

Imnotrussian

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2009 06:06 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline;75055 wrote:

And what do you mean by obvious reasons? The only thing I can think of is cin as in incinerate.

Sin Bin was a british term used for used drugs paraphinalea- ( Sin as in you naughty boy)
and for football players who were sent off
Caroline

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 09:48 am
@Imnotrussian,
Imnotrussian;76478 wrote:
Sin Bin was a british term used for used drugs paraphinalea- ( Sin as in you naughty boy)
and for football players who were sent off

Wrong actually, it's spelt cin. I've never heard of it used in Britain as Sin. Never!
0 Replies

salima

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2009 09:50 am
@Imnotrussian,
i need an education about dependence. is there a way i can find out how far gone is someone i know, what to expect from here on? he is using everything as far as i know but i dont know how much or how often. he has been hospitalized more than once and is beginning to sound irrational. he has been buying knives and firearms. he sells and uses. are there any websites or self help groups like al-anon?
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2009 10:18 am
@Imnotrussian,
You can ask me Salima. He needs to be linked in with an agency that can help him, I take it he is? If not then he ought to be. There are various people you can talk to including self-help groups and people you can call for advice. The best thing to do is to look up the above mentioned in your or rather his local area and get him linked in with soemone, if he already is then they should be aware of his current situation, (what you've explained) and they should be helping him and giving him support. I've worked with drug users so feel free to ask me anything.
Didymos Thomas

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2009 12:09 pm
@Caroline,
Remember, though, that Al-anon and Narco-anon only works for about 8% of those who enter. Treating drug use is not easy, and each individual case carries individual problems.

For someone who is using "everything", in addition to buying and selling, the Anon programs may not be the right path for this person. Said individual may not be ready for that sort of treatment. Those programs are great because they provide group support, but that sort of support seems largely ineffective for a person who does not have any interest in quitting in the first place. Then again, sometimes that sort of support can open up new doors and help develop the interest in getting off the drugs.

As for determining "how far gone" someone is - this is not easy. I am not sure what "everything" amounts to - because in any literal sense that is a nearly unimaginable practice of drug use - but clearly this person has serious drug issues. I've been the addict before; get your friend professional help if you can. And remember, there is only so much that you can do for the addict. You can't beat yourself up because they are trying to kill themselves.
0 Replies

salima

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2009 12:23 pm
@Imnotrussian,
thanks dt-i pm'd caroline with more details. i guess i need more help than he does-he is my son. no, he will not take help now, he believes nothing is wrong.
i guess i wanted to verify what stage he is at and what happens next etc. i am ignorant about the names of drugs, but he uses the social stuff, psychotropics and the big H. i mean can it get any worse? i dont think so...i dont know how much or how often, i was there in may of 2008 for 5 weeks and i swear i didnt see any evidence of anything like this. at that time it was just mj. he hinted that he did this or that now and then.

---------- Post added 08-19-2009 at 12:12 AM ----------

by the way should i delete the last post for being too specific?
Didymos Thomas

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2009 12:44 pm
@salima,
You have my prayers, Salima, whatever they are worth. Heroin is a terrible drug, but certainly something that can be overcome.

The only thing I can suggest in these circumstances is seeking the help of a professional - someone who works with families of drug addicts. They can not only help you cope and address the problem, but they can also help you help your son find help for his disease.
0 Replies

PoeticVisionary

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2009 09:37 am
@Imnotrussian,
I just want to start out by saying I think medical cannabis is a good thing for those who truly need.
I go to therapy and other meetings (mostly one on one). I have a sign on me that says- "Warning does not play well with others !"
Now all joking aside I used the drugs mentioned and then some. Then I was diagnosed BPI-rapid cycling/mixed states-PTSD. I came to find out that I was self-medicating and that my problem was being exacerbated by the drug use. Now this is just my story and I know everyone has a different one. But "sometimes" drug use is hiding a deeper issue.
Caroline

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2009 05:28 pm
@Imnotrussian,
Salima,
Have you succeeded in finding any help at all over the internet, I'm sorry I don't know what else to suggest?

---------- Post added 08-20-2009 at 06:36 PM ----------

Didymos Thomas;84078 wrote:
Remember, though, that Al-anon and Narco-anon only works for about 8% of those who enter. Treating drug use is not easy, and each individual case carries individual problems.

Yes, I wouldn't recommend them either. I mean something along the lines of a local drugs and alcohol agency usually funded by the government.

By the way Salima, he has to want to get off of it in order to receive help.
0 Replies