personality disorder

leasylu

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 02:27 am
Hello i"ve had issue thru out my life and i feel it is tome for a change. I am 29 years old and have a problem with becoming addicted to situations , drugs, sex, lottery ticket , gambling , . I littery will tell myself in my head thats enough you cant afford it or you have to stop. I want to.stop. For instance gf says no to sex i get mad instantly seeking the immediat physical emotional release. Next buy a lottery scratcher it looses instantly mad have to go buy another immediatly . These things are holding me back from sucess and im sick of feeling let down by myself and un able to.control the things i want to fix the most. My question is how do i start this journey i start every night before bed and actually make the change reality?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 3,184 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Germlat

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 02:47 am
@leasylu,
You may have bipolar disorder. It can wreck your life unless you seek treatment. I'm not trying to demean you in any way. It's nothing to be ashamed of. P.M if you want. I'd like to help you.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 07:28 am
@leasylu,
Perhaps seeking out a professional counselor might help.
What do you have to lose? Have you been involved with counseling before? Maybe it's time to seek outside help if you're unhappy and willing to give it a try.

FWIW, I went to quite a few counselors when I was younger. It took me quite a few years before I felt satisfied with my progress and felt 'functional'. Self acceptance comes hard for some of us.
panzade

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 09:33 am
@Ragman,
What Rags says
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 08:25 pm
You seem very impulsive, short attention span and have a high need for immediate gratification. Please see a counselor. Adult ADHD comes to mind.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 08:41 pm
@leasylu,
There's another possibility. There are people who's pleasure response is much stronger than others.

It's easier for people with this biology to become addicted to many different things.

Like all things, the degrees vary, and it may simply be that our OP has a very strong pleasure response built into his biology, and is prone to addictions because of it.

Personally, I'd suggest visiting your Doctor, and getting some tests done.
0 Replies