Hypnotherapy/Paul Mckenna

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2015 03:05 pm
Okay, so I had problems sleeping and my mum gave me a hypnotherapy book by Paul McKenna, and it ******* worked so well after 6 years of being addicted to sleeping tablets I am now completely off them (there's a pack just sitting in my room I haven't even touched)...

So I bought all his books. I know it's a cliche to say 'well I'm not the sort of person who needs self-help', but they're actually really good... :/

What does anyone else think? Am I a mug or not?
And for those of you who don't know who he is, look here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_McKenna
pq x
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 2,856 • Replies: 2
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2015 05:23 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
I honestly don't know.

I am chary about it, except that it worked for you. It also worked for a friend who was frightened out of her tree travelling in airplanes at all, much less half way across the globe. She worked out of it with the hypnotism instruction.

On the other hand, when my father was between jobs in a dark hour, he met a guy in the same building his office was in for that bit of time, a guy on tv as a hypnotist. Guy came to our house. I was unhypnotisable (sp) that day, guessing my age was sixteen. A bitch even then. I think they worked together a couple of weeks, even a month, but naa.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2015 05:25 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
I don't know about Paul McKenna but I can self-hypnotize fairly easily. It's not too different from meditating in some ways.

Fairly helpful for relaxing when I remember to do it.
0 Replies