Creation Science Fair - Our Future Scientists in Training?

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 01:49 pm
I am speechless.

Creation Science Fair Winners

Excerpts from the site:

The 2001 Fellowship Baptist Creation Science Fair was held on April 16th and great fun was had by all in attendance. Fellowship is proud to be host to one of the largest Creation Science Fairs in the country, this year we had over 200 students present their projects. This is also the first year that Muslim students from the Al-Jannah Islamic school have been invited to participate; two of their students presented a project on human anatomy entitled "Allah (SWT) Created Me" which, while it was found ineligible for a prize due to a number of Biblical inconsistencies, did win a special Interfaith Outreach ribbon.

And yet these are some of the prize-winning entries from some of our outwardly reaching future scientists. I'd sure like to know where some of these things are cited in the bible: Shocked

1st Place: "My Uncle Is A Man Named Steve (Not A Monkey)"
Cassidy Turnbull (grade 5) presented her uncle, Steve. She also showed photographs of monkeys and invited fairgoers to note the differences between her uncle and the monkeys. She tried to feed her uncle bananas, but he declined to eat them. Cassidy has conclusively shown that her uncle is no monkey.

1st Place: "Life Doesn't Come From Non-Life"
Patricia Lewis (grade 8) did an experiment to see if life can evolve from non-life. Patricia placed all the non-living ingredients of life - carbon (a charcoal briquet), purified water, and assorted minerals (a multi-vitamin) - into a sealed glass jar. The jar was left undisturbed, being exposed only to sunlight, for three weeks. No life evolved. This shows that life cannot come from non-life through natural processes.(Patricia also prayed to God not to do anything miraculous during the course of the experiment, so as not to disqualify the findings.)

2nd Place: "Women Were Designed For Homemaking"Jonathan Goode (grade 7) applied findings from many fields of science to support his conclusion that God designed women for homemaking: physics shows that women have a lower center of gravity than men, making them more suited to carrying groceries and laundry baskets; biology shows that women were designed to carry un-born babies in their wombs and to feed born babies milk, making them the natural choice for child rearing; social sciences show that the wages for women workers are lower than for normal workers, meaning that they are unable to work as well and thus earn equal pay; and exegetics shows that God created Eve as a companion for Adam, not as a co-worker.

2nd Place: "Maximal Packing Of Rodentia Kinds: A Feasibility Study"
Jason Spinter's (grade 12) project was to show the feasibility of Noah's Ark using a Rodentia research model (made of a mixture of hamsters and gerbils) as a representative of diluvian life forms. The Rodentia were placed in a cage with dimensions proportional to a section of the Ark. The number of Rodentia used (58) was calculated using available Creation Science research and was based on the median animal size and their volumetric distribution in the Ark. The cage was also fitted with wooden dowls inserted at regular intervals through the cage walls, forming platforms which provided support for the Rodentia. Although there was little room left in the cage, all Rodentia were able to move just enough to ward off muscle atrophy. Food pellets and water were delivered to sub-surface Rodentia via plastic drinking straws inserted into the Rodentia-mass, which also served to allow internal air flow. Once a day, the cage was sprayed with water to cleanse any built-up waste. Additionally, the cage was suspended on bungie cords to simulate the rocking motion of a ship. The study lasted 30 days and 30 nights, with all Rodentia surviving at least long enough afterwards to allow for reproduction. These findings strongly suggest that Noah's Ark could hold and support representatives of all antediluvian animal kinds for the duration of the Flood and subsequent repopulation of the Earth.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,635 • Replies: 19
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 03:40 pm
Butrflynet- What is REALLY scary is that some people actually believe in that the message that the fair was attempting to promote. Shocked

Maybe those folks don't believe in evolution, but they are behaving as if they are prime examples of DEVOLUTION!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 03:52 pm
Very, very sad.

But this represents a part of society that is on its way out.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 03:54 pm
Quote:
But this represents a part of society that is on its way out

Frank- I am not so sure about that..........and that is the really frightening part!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 03:57 pm
Isn't this a repeat of an earlier discussion on the same event or a similar event. It doesn't appear to be the same Website but the aura of idiocy when logging onto this one is enough to make any sensible, cognitive individual feel a pain in their head.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 04:00 pm
I thought that site was makey-uppy, is this not true?
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 05:23 pm
"social sciences show that the wages for women workers are lower than for normal workers, meaning that they are unable to work as well and thus earn equal pay"

Wow, that is the bizarrest reversal I have EVER seen... are you sure this site is for real?

Oh my god - "Rocks Can't Evolve, Where Did They Come From Mr. Darwin?" - Anna Reed (grade 6)
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 05:55 pm
I checked Snopes and Urband Legends before posting it.

I can't say whether or not it is legit. From other articles on the website, it looks as if it is.
0 Replies

Kail

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 11:12 am
Thanks for giving me such a good laugh! There's no end to stupidity!

You should check out their Kidz page, read the text about atheists and check out Professor Giraffenstein's science corner! LOL! Are these people opting to be stupid or are they simply brainwashed? I can't understand them!
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 11:14 am
It certainly explains a lot about the formation of our current president's thought processes. Wink
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 11:27 am
I recently saw a creationist on 100 Huntley Street (the t.v. in the lunchroom at work has been an interesting learning tool for me) - talking about this sort of thing. That site may or may not be a hoax, but it is clearly what creationists are talking about - and it does not seem to be a movement that is dying out.

ahhhhhh - found him - Creation: Remarkable Evidence of God's Design
by Grant R. Jeffrey
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 11:30 am
Quote:
This book explores the powerful new evidence discovered in the last few decades by scientific research in astronomy, the nature of the atom and DNA. These discoveries have caused a revolution in the world view of thousands of scientists as they were confronted with compelling new evidence that our universe must have been created by a Supernatural Mind.
Dr. Jeffrey's latest book, CREATION, will challenge readers with fascinating new information that confirms the Bible's claim that "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."

http://www.prophecyinthenews.com/detail.asp?Product_ID=B2331
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 11:35 am
cavfancier wrote:
I thought that site was makey-uppy, is this not true?

Makey-uppy indeed! It's from this parody website. In fact, it's such a good parody that a lot of people think it's real. There may be, in fact, actual creationist science fairs, but this one is definitely a spoof.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 11:41 am
My problem isn't with the theory they are trying to indoctrinate these kids with, it's the extremely shallow thought processing skills being taught.

Can you imagine these kids as they get older, trying to cook a meal for themselves or bake a cake?

I can't imagine how they'd possibly own and operate an automobile. I can see it now. The kid steps on the brakes to slow down the car only to find they are out. So, he sits there praying his little heart out for a miracle because the bible says to keep the faith rather then figuring out that he needs to put on the emergency brake, shift gears, turn off the ignition or any number of other things that might actually do some good.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 11:48 am
People do that every day, Butrflynet. I talk to them after they've had their accidents. "oh, once i saw that car/truck/tree, i just closed my eyes and prayed". I always feel like asking who's supposed to be driving while they're behind the wheel with their eyes closed.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 12:55 pm
Quote:
People do that every day, Butrflynet. I talk to them after they've had their accidents. "oh, once i saw that car/truck/tree, i just closed my eyes and prayed". I always feel like asking who's supposed to be driving while they're behind the wheel with their eyes closed.

Classic! I heard that soooooo many times when working MVA patients. Very Happy
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 07:25 pm
You mean the Prez still doesn't know that a pretzel didn't evolve from a pacifier?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 08:06 pm
Hmmmm.

Life can't come from non-life?

Wasn't Adam made from mud and Eve made from bone?

Isn't God a living thing (metaphysically speaking)?

Where the heck did he come from.

For my science fair project I'm trying to turn people into pillars of salt.
0 Replies

yeahman

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 09:03 pm
Re: Creation Science Fair - Our Future Scientists in Trainin
Butrflynet wrote:
1st Place: "My Uncle Is A Man Named Steve (Not A Monkey)"
Cassidy Turnbull (grade 5) presented her uncle, Steve. She also showed photographs of monkeys and invited fairgoers to note the differences between her uncle and the monkeys. She tried to feed her uncle bananas, but he declined to eat them. Cassidy has conclusively shown that her uncle is no monkey.

hahahahahah.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 09:06 pm
Joefromchicago was right about its being a parody, albeit a very clever one.
http://storetn.cafepress.com/8/7741748_F_store.jpg
This is Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew raglan for only $18.50

http://storetn.cafepress.com/6/2020716_F_store.jpg
And this is Mr. Gruff Atheist Witnessing Shirt at only $14.40

Then there was this valuable piece of advice:

Quote:
Spiritual Safety Tip
What should you do if you find an Atheist?

If you find an Atheist in your neighborhood,
TELL A PARENT OR PASTOR RIGHT AWAY!

You may be moved to try and witness to
these poor lost souls yourself, however
AVOID TALKING TO THEM!

Atheists are often very grumpy and bitter and will lash out at children or they may even try to trick you into neglecting God's Word.

Very advanced witnessing techniques are needed for these grouches. Let the adults handle them.
0 Replies