The Most Savagely Depressing Commentary On US You Have Seen

Wilso

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 06:52 am
I like the forensic dramas. But I have heard some glaring scientific errors on them. Even with just my first year science student knowledge.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 09:24 am
If you're talking CSI and CSI Miami, the artistic license is stretched beyond the breaking point in order to have a plot. Like ER, most of the drama is in the courtroom and not in the process. It's entertaining in kind of a morbid and often moribund way. Very Happy
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 09:29 am
Has anyone seen K Street on HBO?

Whatya think?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 09:41 am
I'm following it and it's beginning to gel -- the Schumaker style of hand held cameras, etc., gets some getting used to. I started a thread in Politics but it got buried. I'll try and find it.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 09:43 am
Here's the link:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12273
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 11:32 am
I'm all for morbidity :-) And I seriously doubt most CSIs spend as much time stalking their "suspects" as Horatio does. . . but oh well :-) I was also under the impression that DNA testing still takes more than a couple hours to do. . . but the drama is what gets ya, so I'm willing to be suckered in. . .
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 11:33 am
Oh, and Eva, my little brother is 11. . . we're partially responsible for the sea of supersized sponge bobs that took to the streets on Halloween :-)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 12:03 pm
dlowan wrote:
C'mon! mass entertainment has always been crap - and this sort of crap is a goodly step up from bull and bear baiting and cock fights and mass public executions, which were popular entertainments in days gone by...

Bach, Boccherini, Lully, Monteverdi and Shakespeare were also mass entertainment. In some cases, loved by the masses, but hated by the critics.

I suspect that SpongeBob will end up on the cockfighting side of the ledger, rather than the Lully side, but I'm not sure I'm putting money on it.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 12:11 pm
I cater for a couple of real detectives, and they say that the crime dramas are way over the top in terms of action. Most of it is paperwork. I don't care, I like them anyway.
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 01:30 pm
I'm with you cav. . . and with you as well, Beth :-)

However, in the card store where I work back home, we managed to pull our sales up for the year based on a one-month sponge bob promotion. . . he's something like the number one children's franchise in the country right now. . .
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 08:42 pm
See, Joe? Huh? Huh? What did I say? Smile
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 08:52 pm
Boston Blackie was pretty good (in the olden days)
http://epguides.com/BostonBlackie/cast.jpg
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 08:57 pm
Eva wrote:

Or maybe it's because you don't watch cartoons.

I watch cartoons. I love the escapism of them. If I"m sitting in this room and I hear the looney tunes melody playing on the TV in the living room, I always take a break and watch.

My favourite is the one where the two mice drive the cat crazy in order to take over the house. Nailing the furniture to the ceiling and holding the fish tank up to the window. That episode always leave me in tears of laughter. Wish I could remember the name of it. I'd try to buy it on dvd.
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 09:11 am
Looking forward to the new Looney Tunes movie then, Wilso? :-)
0 Replies