Dog Breaks Wind, Sets Off Security Alarms At Airport

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 01:13 pm
I sure hope someone saved the video tapes from the security cameras for this one! ROFLMAO!!!

Sat 25 Oct 2003

Novelty dog puts wind up air staff

A NOVELTY dog toy which breaks wind as it bends over sparked a major security alert at a United States airport, its stunned owner said today.

Page designer Dave Rogerson said he could not believe what was happening to him when the life-size mechanical terrier set off an explosives detector at Norfolk airport in Virginia.

Armed security staff sprang into action after something in the dog's "wind breaking" mechanism apparently registered as high explosive TNT.

Mr Rogerson, 31, from Leeds, was grilled by FBI agents and looked on in amazement as they took a series of swabs from the replica animal's rear end.

They eventually returned the dog but stopped Mr Rogerson taking his planned flight to, North Carolina, and rerouted him via Philadelphia.

Mr Rogerson said: "They told me its was the highest reading they had for explosives and they took it very seriously."

This article:

http://www.news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=609&id=1177632003
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 723 • Replies: 5
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 02:04 pm
<snicker>

I now feel safer from flatulent toy dogs!
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 04:45 am
My wife and our dog flew back to the States on vacation this past week. When I saw this thread I couldn't help but wonder......
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 05:08 am
Don't you all feel safer now?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 05:13 am
The most hilarious part of this article is the seriousness in which the rectal swabs were taken only to be followed by this security effort:

Quote:
They eventually returned the dog but stopped Mr Rogerson taking his planned flight to, North Carolina, and rerouted him via Philadelphia.

If they were that concerned about the dog, what security is provided by rerouting the guy through Philadelphia WITH the dog?

I just don't get that string of logic. Are dog farts just a smelly way to pass time everyplace except North Carolina? Why not reroute to Chicago, the Windy city?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 05:28 am
'Cause they were afraid somebody would raise a stink . . .
0 Replies