child becoming worried and fearful over death

Caroline

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2009 06:21 pm
@Elmud,
Elmud wrote:
Kids need to be kids as long as they are kids. We all have to grow up sooner or later but, kids should not have to grow up too soon. And they do not need to be afraid of things. Not as a child. I do have children. And, they are not afraid. Not when they were young, and not now that they are grown.

Sorry Elmud my origianal post was for memester.
And I agree with what you say Elmud but I was answering memester who's child is asking questions. I agree that children do not need to be scared by someone telling them there is a hell. Children are really impressionable and trusting and do not need an adults vision of what they believe happens to the soul, leave them be they are only childre.Smile
Joe

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2009 07:18 pm
@Caroline,
When I was four years old I had a dream that is the strongest and most imbedded in my memory over the years.

A black void where all I can do is think to myself. There is no depth perception and yet it felt empty. I'm not even sure that makes any sense, but I remember thinking to myself in the dream that I was dead. I was really scared and no matter what I thought about I felt contained as if I didn't have a body and couldn't do anything, no motion, time, and so on.

I woke up in tears and ran to my dad in the living room and simply stated that I didn't want to die. He didn't really talk to me about the dream and just told me when we die that's when anything is possible. It held me over for the night and now that I think about now that I'm older I really want that experience again. I feel that maybe my strongest connection to what my consciousness did when letting go of reality and such. Too bad I was scared because that's the state a lot of people say brings understanding to the metaphysical.

I thought that might pertain to this conversation. If not, my bad.
Elmud

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2009 07:49 pm
@Joe,
Joe wrote:
When I was four years old I had a dream that is the strongest and most imbedded in my memory over the years.

A black void where all I can do is think to myself. There is no depth perception and yet it felt empty. I'm not even sure that makes any sense, but I remember thinking to myself in the dream that I was dead. I was really scared and no matter what I thought about I felt contained as if I didn't have a body and couldn't do anything, no motion, time, and so on.

I woke up in tears and ran to my dad in the living room and simply stated that I didn't want to die. He didn't really talk to me about the dream and just told me when we die that's when anything is possible. It held me over for the night and now that I think about now that I'm older I really want that experience again. I feel that maybe my strongest connection to what my consciousness did when letting go of reality and such. Too bad I was scared because that's the state a lot of people say brings understanding to the metaphysical.

I thought that might pertain to this conversation. If not, my bad.

When I was a kid, I dreamt that there was a monster under my bed. I hated that monster. Now, this pertains to nothing, but, i just remembered it.
Joe

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2009 08:07 pm
@Elmud,
Elmud wrote:
When I was a kid, I dreamt that there was a monster under my bed. I hated that monster. Now, this pertains to nothing, but, i just remembered it.

Im not sure what you mean.
Elmud

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2009 09:17 pm
@Joe,
Joe wrote:
Im not sure what you mean.

What do you mean you're not sure?
Joe

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2009 09:27 pm
@Elmud,
Elmud wrote:
What do you mean you're not sure?

You responded to my post and said you had a dream. You werent sure if it pertained to the thread but you just remembered it. Im not sure if you were being sarcastic or what you mean by that as a respond to my post.
manored

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 10:13 am
@Caroline,
Caroline wrote:
Sorry Elmud my origianal post was for memester.
And I agree with what you say Elmud but I was answering memester who's child is asking questions. I agree that children do not need to be scared by someone telling them there is a hell. Children are really impressionable and trusting and do not need an adults vision of what they believe happens to the soul, leave them be they are only childre.Smile
I dont think children should be protected from information or feed wrong information out of fear of harming their feelings, I feel thats kinda not trusting then and not giving then space to grow.

Like Santa Claus. I hate that people lie to their children about Santa Claus, its better to teach someone why to behave rather than creating ilusions about being rewarded for behaving. Then we wonder why people nowadays are so egocentric and dont do anything winhout wanting something in exchange Smile Because thats how most people educate their children I say.
Caroline

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 10:20 am
@manored,
manored wrote:
I dont think children should be protected from information or feed wrong information out of fear of harming their feelings, I feel thats kinda not trusting then and not giving then space to grow.

Like Santa Claus. I hate that people lie to their children about Santa Claus, its better to teach someone why to behave rather than creating ilusions about being rewarded for behaving. Then we wonder why people nowadays are so egocentric and dont do anything winhout wanting something in exchange Smile Because thats how most people educate their children I say.

I wasn't talking about santa claus for instance a child goes to a puppet show and it's run by christians who use the puppet show to tell the children that if they sin etc they will go to hell and this that and the other, the child lays in bed at nite worriyng about whats going to happen to them because of what was said at the puppet show and the childs mother is furious at the people giving the puppet show, that is a true example.
Caroline

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 10:25 am
@memester,
Besides noone really knows for sure, (evidence), if there is a hell or not so why feed children suppositions.
0 Replies

manored

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 06:01 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline wrote:
I wasn't talking about santa claus for instance a child goes to a puppet show and it's run by christians who use the puppet show to tell the children that if they sin etc they will go to hell and this that and the other, the child lays in bed at nite worriyng about whats going to happen to them because of what was said at the puppet show and the childs mother is furious at the people giving the puppet show, that is a true example.
About Santa Claus: I know, I just wanted to vent off about Santa Claus cause it pisses me off Smile

About the Example: Well, the Christians believe they are doing the right thing by spreading the word, perhaps they should just remember that they will get in trouble if they keep trying to convert kids whose parents arent christians.

I think a parent in that situation should just tell their kids that whoever said something scary about death to then is a liar and shouldnt be trusted. That is what I would say, because that is what I believe actually Smile

As for hell, it is an utter contradiction: Maybe there are, but I dont know any religion that pregates about hell that doesnt also pregates that god is all love and forgiveness. How can a god that punishes people forever be called forgiving?
Elmud

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 08:00 pm
@Joe,
Joe wrote:
You responded to my post and said you had a dream. You werent sure if it pertained to the thread but you just remembered it. Im not sure if you were being sarcastic or what you mean by that as a respond to my post.
I try very hard to refrain from sarcasm. Well, most of the time.
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2009 01:38 am
@manored,
manored wrote:
About Santa Claus: I know, I just wanted to vent off about Santa Claus cause it pisses me off Smile

About the Example: Well, the Christians believe they are doing the right thing by spreading the word, perhaps they should just remember that they will get in trouble if they keep trying to convert kids whose parents arent christians.

I think a parent in that situation should just tell their kids that whoever said something scary about death to then is a liar and shouldnt be trusted. That is what I would say, because that is what I believe actually Smile

As for hell, it is an utter contradiction: Maybe there are, but I dont know any religion that pregates about hell that doesnt also pregates that god is all love and forgiveness. How can a god that punishes people forever be called forgiving?

Yeah Santa Clause what a let down!
As far as your last sentence goes now we're getting into a whole other subject and one that i've often thought about and really came to no conclusion, other than the conclusion as before and that noone really knows if hell etc. What you've pointed out is a contradiction, and a contradicton created by the christians, so maybe you should direct that question at them:)
0 Replies

manored

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2009 02:30 pm
@memester,
Caroline wrote:
What you've pointed out is a contradiction, and a contradicton created by the christians, so maybe you should direct that question at them:)

If only it was that simple Smile
Caroline

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2009 01:49 am
@manored,
manored wrote:
If only it was that simple Smile

Yes i know:)...................
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2009 02:13 am
@memester,
Dont forget you're challengeing someone's beliefs, if i were me i'd tread carefully! Not all beliefs are based on logic or physical evidence which is why it is hard to challenge from that sort of perspective.
manored

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2009 02:04 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline wrote:
Dont forget you're challengeing someone's beliefs, if i were me i'd tread carefully! Not all beliefs are based on logic or physical evidence which is why it is hard to challenge from that sort of perspective.
Im not really trying to "convert" anyone out of any religion, its mostly pointless from my personal experience.

Not because it is impossible, but because I have 0 charisma Smile
Caroline

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2009 03:02 pm
@manored,
manored wrote:
Im not really trying to "convert" anyone out of any religion, its mostly pointless from my personal experience.

Not because it is impossible, but because I have 0 charisma Smile

lol:).............
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2009 03:07 pm
@memester,
I dont think it's a question of trying to convert somebody, it's about questioning not just what they believe but what they expect you to believe. If they expect you to swallow it and swallow it hook line and sinker in some cases than of course your beliefs are based on whatever you deem important, in my case i'd like to see evidence of something if im going to spend alot of my weekends on my knees,(praying of course!), I'd want to know if it were true and i need good solid evidence.
Elmud

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2009 06:23 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline wrote:
I dont think it's a question of trying to convert somebody, it's about questioning not just what they believe but what they expect you to believe. If they expect you to swallow it and swallow it hook line and sinker in some cases than of course your beliefs are based on whatever you deem important, in my case i'd like to see evidence of something if im going to spend alot of my weekends on my knees,(praying of course!), I'd want to know if it were true and i need good solid evidence.
you'll get nothing and like it Caroline. lol.
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2009 12:38 am
@memester,
lol:)................
0 Replies