I will prove god's existence if....

xris

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 02:16 pm
@ciceronianus,
i agree looking for evidence does not allow you to describe him..
ariciunervos

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 02:50 pm
@xris,
ciceronianus wrote:
How do you know that this transcendent entity is anything remotely resembling the God you worship?

Does this surprise you in any way ? The causes of unexplained phenomena have been worshiped since the first observed lightning or earthquake. This is exactly the same thing on a different level. "I don't know something therefore goddidit". Really old stuff... and boring too.
0 Replies

Didymos Thomas

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 02:51 pm
@xris,
Quote:
It is certainly no offense to you but you should probably not trust the ideas that come from LSD. Rational, clear thought is turned into a lucid dreaming state on that drug and so you are likely to come out of it thinking that santa is actually the one stealing your socks from the dryer.

You should reconsider every thought no matter if the notions comes to you sober, drunk, high or tripping. LSD does not turn rational, clear thought into a lucid dream state. LSD alters the way in which we perceive reality, but those perceptions are derived from the same reality we encounter when we have not ingested LSD. (Most) Psychedelics do not result in dream worlds no matter how often the History Channel, ect describe psychedelic experiences in such terminology. One exception would be DMT; the user smokes the powder and then passes out for 15-20 minutes during which time the user has hallucinatory dreams.

To conclude, from an acid trip, that Santa is stealing your socks from the drier you would have to 1) be insane from the start, 2) have a predisposition to mental disease that is exacerbated by the LSD, 3) take a super-human dose of LSD (something well over 250 micrograms), or 4) take large doses of LSD on a frequent basis for an extended period of time.

Considering the user's conclusion, that nothing can be known with absolute certainty, I really do not see the issue. How many people have reached that conclusion without the aid of psychedelics? Sounds to me like this user experienced the uncertainty that we are all aware of on a visceral level.
0 Replies

Holiday20310401

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 03:06 pm
@avatar6v7,
why is 'god is the ultimate' not enough for you? Same reason.

What is your reason for accepting the conundrum of an ultimate into your life? Explain to me why we need an ultimate being in our lives. Why does God need to be ultimate?

Answer: Because then if God were not ultimate, it'd be forced to requiring a valid explanation of its existence. Ofcourse valid is viewed differently for everbody; I would accept rational and empirical, preferably empirical explanation as to how such an ultimate being exists, and why if it did it would ultimately matter.

And since God is a spiritual thing, to use the word God to equate to some empirically valid explanation of some rather objective phenomenon would not be called God anyways. It could be called divine, but not God. Before you begin to provide us all with a proof of God's existence I must know what exactly you believe God is spiritually speaking. :detective:

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 03:24 pm
@Holiday20310401,
Holiday20310401 wrote:

What is your reason for accepting the conundrum of an ultimate into your life? Explain to me why we need an ultimate being in our lives. Why does God need to be ultimate?

Answer: Because then if God were not ultimate, it'd be forced to requiring a valid explanation of its existence. Ofcourse valid is viewed differently for everbody; I would accept rational and empirical, preferably empirical explanation as to how such an ultimate being exists, and why if it did it would ultimately matter.

And since God is a spiritual thing, to use the word God to equate to some empirically valid explanation of some rather objective phenomenon would not be called God anyways. It could be called divine, but not God. Before you begin to provide us all with a proof of God's existence I must know what exactly you believe God is spiritually speaking. :detective:

A question that can be answered when you are willing to tell me what an empircal proof is anyway.
Didymos Thomas

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 03:31 pm
@avatar6v7,
A question that can be answered when you are willing to tell me what an empircal proof is anyway.

Meanwhile, we all still await your proof of God.
0 Replies

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 03:36 pm
@avatar6v7,
you tell me what kind of proof you require, and why it is proof at all.

and there is an if in the title. Nobody has done so adequatly so far. I do not draw any conclusions from that, I will draw conclusions when someone has done so. If you don't like it don't respond, but I would much rather you answered the terms. So how about it?
Didymos Thomas

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 03:45 pm
@avatar6v7,
Earlier I suggested that a proof of God was impossible. What then?
Icon

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 04:01 pm
@avatar6v7,
and there is an if in the title. Nobody has done so adequatly so far. I do not draw any conclusions from that, I will draw conclusions when someone has done so. If you don't like it don't respond, but I would much rather you answered the terms. So how about it?

Show me god in his true form.

That is the proof I require.

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 04:22 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
Didymos Thomas wrote:
Earlier I suggested that a proof of God was impossible. What then?

that depends what you mean by proof- hence my question.
0 Replies

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 04:22 pm
@Icon,
Icon wrote:
Show me god in his true form.

That is the proof I require.

OK I will.
Open your eyes.
There you go.
Khethil

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 09:26 pm
@avatar6v7,
Rationally- All rational proof is based on an assumption- a hypotheses. There have beem a number of different rational arguments for the existance of God- for instance the cosmological argument is that there must be a creator- as somthing must have caused the universe. This thing would have to be beyond the unviverse and not of it or it would be part of an infintite chain of causality as opposed to a first cause. This is of course proof, evena assuming you accept it, of a first cause beyond existance. However if this being, this cause, was beyond the universe and caused the universe, it would be trancendent- that is what trancendant means- and so it would not be subject to the assumptions and restrictions that are readily available in our universe. Reason in this case leads us to a space marked 'somthing beyond reason is here.' That is the limitation of reason. It is beholden to the logic that came into being at the beggining of time, but anything before it is beyond it. It indicates its own area of limitation.
Empirically- I have beheld things with my senses that have convinced me that God exists. By your own description of empircal proof, that which we experiance with our senses is proof. I have not, for instance, seen God among all his angels, but then again you haven't had the pleasre of meeting napolean. Do you doubt his existance? Or do you accept that we can experiance confirmation of a things existance without experiancing the thing itself. If that is so you have not explained the nature of that confirmation.

Dang... well, thanks for the honest effort. I admire the tenacity!
0 Replies

Aedes

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 10:11 pm
@avatar6v7,
that which we experiance with our senses is proof
That's not proof. Senses can deceive. That's why empirical proof (again a proof of sufficiency) requires that many people (or everyone, in theory) be able to look at the same thing and interpret it the same way.
0 Replies

Salo phil

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 05:14 am
@avatar6v7,
By your own description of empircal proof, that which we experiance with our senses is proof.

And yet when I said I would accept the same, you called my worldview limited and fragile. How is it that you will accept empirical proof for yourself, but for everyone else, our senses are not sufficient to allow any kind of empirical truth to be trusted?
xris

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 05:27 am
@Salo phil,
Has someone been murdered? I dont know? Prove to me someone killed that person...What person? I dont know...What murder? I dont know but prove it..............Prove to me there is god to which we can ask for proof of? how can we ask for proof when you yourself cant describe the god we are supposed to ask for proof of..You know darned well every question we compose can be turned on its heels with your silly logic...you said you could prove god...just go ahead and do it..pretend we are no here.. we are mere observers
0 Replies

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 05:34 am
@Salo phil,
Salo wrote:
And yet when I said I would accept the same, you called my worldview limited and fragile. How is it that you will accept empirical proof for yourself, but for everyone else, our senses are not sufficient to allow any kind of empirical truth to be trusted?

I am pointing out that if we accept the empircal world view as according to the terms that were put to me, then hypothetically my own impressions were equally valid. Hypothetical.
0 Replies

Icon

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 09:31 am
@avatar6v7,
OK I will.
Open your eyes.
There you go.

My eyes are open and I do not see god. I see quantum theory, waves and particles, energy passing through and holding particles together. I se a wonderful world of science and possibility in which I can create my own universe but I see nothing of your God's True form.

I wish to talk with God and hear him respond, see god in his true form, touch him, smell him, experience his company in a one on one environment. Do this and I will believe in your God.

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 09:38 am
@Icon,
Icon wrote:
My eyes are open and I do not see god. I see quantum theory, waves and particles, energy passing through and holding particles together. I se a wonderful world of science and possibility in which I can create my own universe but I see nothing of your God's True form.

I wish to talk with God and hear him respond, see god in his true form, touch him, smell him, experience his company in a one on one environment. Do this and I will believe in your God.

You asked to be shown god's 'true form', but that could just as easily be reality.
Icon

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 09:44 am
@avatar6v7,
You asked to be shown god's 'true form', but that could just as easily be reality.

So you don't know what God's true form is?

I thought God made man in his image? So where is this God? If man was made in his image than God is a physical being. He resides somewhere. I wish to meet him. That will prove his existence. That would be the only thing that could.

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 09:46 am
@Icon,
Icon wrote:
So you don't know what God's true form is?

I thought God made man in his image? So where is this God? If man was made in his image than God is a physical being. He resides somewhere. I wish to meet him. That will prove his existence. That would be the only thing that could.

wrong. his image refers to our free will, our mastery of our world.