jknilinux

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 02:31 pm
@jknilinux,
1: Well, I'm just saying that, no matter what you conclude, I can just say "Well, God is omnipotent, so he can control logic and therefore your argument is wrong."

2: "The bible is written by fallible humans."
I agree. IMO, there's a lot of things in genesis and the other first few books in the bible that make one question it's authenticity as being divinely inspired.

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 02:35 pm
@jknilinux,
jknilinux wrote:
1: Well, I'm just saying that, no matter what you conclude, I can just say "Well, God is omnipotent, so he can control logic and therefore your argument is wrong."

2: "The bible is written by fallible humans."
I agree. IMO, there's a lot of things in genesis and the other first few books in the bible that make one question it's authenticity as being divinely inspired.

fair enough on point 2, sorry to jumpt to conclusions
on point 1 however I must disagree. God created logic, and why would he create somthing that could disprove, or at leas not indicate his existance? As Aquinas would tell you, your reason will affirm your faith, and in my opinion if you believe otherwise your faith is weak.
xris

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 02:53 pm
@avatar6v7,
Im totally gobsmaked..the obvious question can be avoided excused ignored...then we have theists coming back excused of their responses to answer the most crucial question with the certainty of the crusaders as they marched for jesus..
Solace

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 03:04 pm
@xris,
xris wrote:
Im totally gobsmaked..the obvious question can be avoided excused ignored...then we have theists coming back excused of their responses to answer the most crucial question with the certainty of the crusaders as they marched for jesus..

Actually, it isn't ignored, because you don't ignore that we cannot provide proof. When we proseletyze you shouldn't ignore that we cannot provide proof. When we discuss that branch of philosophy called theology, however, (and yes, I know there's a fine line, but some do manage to walk it,) then a little suspension of disbelief is required of the atheist who wants to participate in a meaningful way and not have the conversation degrade to just an outright argument about whether or not God exists.
jknilinux

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 03:21 pm
@jknilinux,

Assuming God exists, nothing can validate God's existence, because that is the way God wants it.

xris-

What are you gobsmacked about?
xris

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 03:36 pm
@Solace,
Solace wrote:
Actually, it isn't ignored, because you don't ignore that we cannot provide proof. When we proseletyze you shouldn't ignore that we cannot provide proof. When we discuss that branch of philosophy called theology, however, (and yes, I know there's a fine line, but some do manage to walk it,) then a little suspension of disbelief is required of the atheist who wants to participate in a meaningful way and not have the conversation degrade to just an outright argument about whether or not God exists.
Waffle as much as you like but the question still remains and until that is answered everything else is futile debate..academic chit chat..
xris

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 03:37 pm
@jknilinux,
jknilinux wrote:

Assuming God exists, nothing can validate God's existence, because that is the way God wants it.

xris-

What are you gobsmacked about?
that the question is blatantly ignored..
0 Replies

Solace

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 03:42 pm
@xris,
xris wrote:
Waffle as much as you like but the question still remains and until that is answered everything else is futile debate..academic chit chat..

This is a Philosphy Forum, it's all about futile debate and academic chit chat. That's the point.
xris

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 03:45 pm
@Solace,
Solace wrote:
This is a Philosphy Forum, it's all about futile debate and academic chit chat. That's the point.
If you bothered to read my answer i said if it is not answered it becomes...it merely becomes stating ones beliefs without recall to question...
Solace

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 03:47 pm
@xris,
Sorry if I missed something that you said, cause I did actually read your post. Now I'm confused about what it is that I'm missing...:perplexed:
xris

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 03:47 pm
@xris,
I believe the world was made in two hours by the jolly green giant who lives in greengoose woods...he decided that if you dont eat peas on Mondays you go to hell..
Solace

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 03:50 pm
@xris,
If my contribution here has served nothing more than to incur your sarcasm then I will gracefully withdraw from the conversation.
xris

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 03:50 pm
@Solace,
Solace wrote:
Sorry if I missed something that you said, cause I did actually read your post. Now I'm confused about what it is that I'm missing...:perplexed:
A question was requested and ignored for academic reasons...so do you think that is debate???
xris

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 03:52 pm
@Solace,
Solace wrote:
If my contribution here has served nothing more than to incur your sarcasm then I will gracefully withdraw from the conversation.
Withdraw by all means but you instigated the sarcasm by questioning my intentions..
Solace

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 03:53 pm
@xris,
Just so that I know that we're on the same page, is "Prove God exists" the question you were referring to? Cause maybe that Lemon Meringe Pie ain't sitting right and I'm way off-base...
0 Replies

Solace

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 03:55 pm
@xris,
xris wrote:
Withdraw by all means but you instigated the sarcasm by questioning my intentions..

Where and how did I question your intentions?
0 Replies

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 04:00 pm
@Solace,
Solace wrote:

you said you had been ignored. solace(as you can see above) wanted to know what he had missed so he could actually answer you. then you get rude. Charming.
Look forget the whole victimisation buissness and actually tell us what you want us to respon to and we will do so.
xris

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 04:00 pm
@Solace,
Solace wrote:
If you read your own post here..participating in a meaningful way...degrade..argument..god exists..now dont tell me i was being chastised for not following the accepted route of fruitless debate..
xris

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 04:02 pm
@avatar6v7,
you said you had been ignored. solace(as you can see above) wanted to know what he had missed so he could actually answer you. then you get rude. Charming.
Look forget the whole victimisation buissness and actually tell us what you want us to respon to and we will do so.
You cheeky wotsit you are really telling me you dont know what the question was???

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 04:08 pm
@xris,
xris wrote:
You cheeky wotsit you are really telling me you dont know what the question was???

just be an adult and repeat or rephrase it for us here
0 Replies