Swine Flu

Justin

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 07:49 am
@Icon,
My daughter has been out of school all week as she had the H1N1 Swine flu virus as well. We took her in on Saturday to the doctor and they told us that the swine flue is the only flue going around. She had a fever of 103 but Motrin brought it down and she also had a bad cough. Today is her first day back in school and we're happy that she's gotten over this flu and nobody in our house got it.

We also refused the vaccination which I personally don't like the idea of. I feel sometimes it's necessary to build our immune systems to handle things like this. I click on the news and see drones of people standing in long lines to get this vaccination. I think the energy put out by the media has only worsened the effects of this flu with the spreading of the fear of it. It's a pandemic if the media says it's a pandemic. I guess this flue has been somewhat of a stimulus package for the drug companies and medical industry.
Aedes

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 01:09 pm
@Icon,
Justin, you can build your immune system against flu viruses in only one way, and that is by exposing it to flu antigens.

Catching the infection and receiving the vaccine both will accomplish this. The difference is that the natural infection is a live virus that kills 30,000 people in the US every year and the vaccine is a dead virus that does not. There is a vaccine adverse event reporting system, and serious complications are extraordinarily rare, and the hypothesis that it's preferable to acquire natural infections with vaccine-preventable pathogens is contrary to evidence.

Justin wrote:
It's a pandemic if the media says it's a pandemic.
The media says so because public health officials from the WHO, CDC, and other major public health organizations say that it meets epidemiologic criteria. It is, by definition, a pandemic. Pandemic does not define the severity of illness, only how widespread it is.
xris

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 01:27 pm
@Justin,
Justin;103110 wrote:
My daughter has been out of school all week as she had the H1N1 Swine flu virus as well. We took her in on Saturday to the doctor and they told us that the swine flue is the only flue going around. She had a fever of 103 but Motrin brought it down and she also had a bad cough. Today is her first day back in school and we're happy that she's gotten over this flu and nobody in our house got it.

We also refused the vaccination which I personally don't like the idea of. I feel sometimes it's necessary to build our immune systems to handle things like this. I click on the news and see drones of people standing in long lines to get this vaccination. I think the energy put out by the media has only worsened the effects of this flu with the spreading of the fear of it. It's a pandemic if the media says it's a pandemic. I guess this flue has been somewhat of a stimulus package for the drug companies and medical industry.
sorry to say this Justin but its a very dangerous attitude to take, especially for the vulnerable in our society. I dont like the drug companies , in fact i hate them on occassions, but the reality is, we need to have these vaccines or we could have a pandemic like the one that killed millions in the 1920s. What we really need is a vaccine to protect us from the pharmaceutical industry.
Justin

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 01:33 pm
@Aedes,
Aedes;103158 wrote:
Catching the infection and receiving the vaccine both will accomplish this. The difference is that the natural infection is a live virus that kills 30,000 people in the US every year and the vaccine is a dead virus ygat does not. There is a vaccine adverse event reporting system, and serious complications are extraordinarily rare.

I appreciate your response Aedes. The flu kills people every year but aren't those people killed by the flu also infected with other problems? Health issues etc. etc.? People die. We all die. It's just part of life. Taking man made vaccines for a man-made virus just doesn't settle well with me. I think the swine flu is a bunch of crap. Didn't autism surface after vaccinations anyway? Could these vaccines be responsible for Autism? - don't answer, that's another thread. :whistling:

Aedes;103158 wrote:
Sorry your kid is sick, it can be miserable. I'm crossing my fingers that my son can make it 6 days to his checkup for his vaccine before picking it up from his daycare classmates!

She's well now. Just a little cough.

I do want to share some videos that I've watched and I like this Dr. Len Horowitz message and how he comes across.

YouTube - The CDC's Swine Flu Vaccination Genocide

YouTube - Obama's H1N1 Swine Flu Declaration of "National Emergency" Warning!

YouTube - The Wizards Behind Dr Oz's H1N1 Swine Flu Vaccine
Aedes

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 01:39 pm
@Justin,
Justin;103161 wrote:
I appreciate your response Aedes. The flu kills people every year but aren't those people killed by the flu also infected with other problems? Health issues etc. etc.?
Well, by proportion yes, but it also kills healthy babies, healthy people in their 60s and 70s, and people who have mild concurrent illnesses (eg mild heart disease or asthma). The people are not necessarily on death's door.

Justin;103161 wrote:
I think the swine flu is a bunch of crap.
Come spend a day with me at work and see some children on cardiopulmonary bypass and you'll have a vastly different take on this "bunch of crap".

Justin;103161 wrote:
Didn't autism surface after vaccinations anyway?
This was based on a single paper about the MMR vaccine, and 8 of the 13 authors of the paper (and the journal itself) later retracted their endorsement of it after reexamining the data. Additionally, several far larger, better funded, and better executed studies were done in response to this initial report, and they found no association whatsoever between the MMR vaccine and autism. And no one has ever reported an association between influenza vaccines and autism.
0 Replies

Pangloss

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 01:48 pm
@Icon,
That Len Horowitz guy is not even a doctor or qualified biological researcher from what I can tell...he's a former dentist, who seems intent on cashing in on supposed 'homeopathic' treatment methods and conspiracy theory books and lectures.
0 Replies

Justin

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 03:00 pm
@xris,
xris;103160 wrote:
sorry to say this Justin but its a very dangerous attitude to take, especially for the vulnerable in our society. I dont like the drug companies , in fact i hate them on occassions, but the reality is, we need to have these vaccines or we could have a pandemic like the one that killed millions in the 1920s. What we really need is a vaccine to protect us from the pharmaceutical industry.

I don't think so. Our society is vulnerable to much more than the flu. Our society is one of followers. We seem to follow the latest trends and the swine flu is that latest trend. Everybody hops on the boat of fear, generating a pandemic even if there weren't one.

The news and the media feed so much into these types of things that they can literally create a pandemic out of nothing. If the president got on the mic today and announced some virus and the media supported it... Even if it was fake, it would be believed and I hate to tell you this but, what the mind can conceive and believe, it can also achieve. That's the power of numbers and energy.

So, in the end, I'll refuse Real ID, I'll refuse the swine flu vaccine and I'll refuse to feed into any type of hype that comes from nothing. This same media hype gave us reason to go into Iraq just to later find out that was a hoax too.

I think our disease in our minds. And so long as it infects our minds, it will also infect and effect our bodies. You cannot create ANYTHING without first the seed of thought. First is the thought, then that thought manifests itself into it's physical counterpart.

Thoughts are things. When a virus has made it's way into our hearts and minds and we fear it, this thought manifests itself into a seemingly reality. While I realize not everyone agrees with me on this, I've observed this and known this from very early childhood.

So back to the flu, I don't dispute the effects of what it's doing. I just see it more as a mind virus than a body virus and there's a ton of those.
prothero

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 05:19 pm
@Icon,
Perhaps nothing in modern medicine has saved more lives than vaccinations.
One needs to go back and reviews deaths from polio, measles, mumps, pertusis, etc.
Hundreds of thousands have been saved by vaccinations.
There is not a shred of credible evidence that vaccinations cause autism but the evidence that vaccinations save lives is as credible as the earth is round.
There is no more valuable procedure in preventive medicine than vaccinations.
0 Replies

Aedes

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 09:14 pm
@Justin,
Justin;103179 wrote:
I just see it more as a mind virus than a body virus and there's a ton of those.
Might read today's New England Journal of Medicine in which there are two independent studies (one from the US, one from New Zealand) of critically ill patients with H1N1. In one study 45% of all hospitalized patients with H1N1 were children and the disease was fatal in 7%. Must be weak minded children then, come from poor stock. No mind can make ravaged lungs get better. I've seen death in weak people and I've seen death in strong people.

prothero;103200 wrote:
Perhaps nothing in modern medicine has saved more lives than vaccinations.
Sanitation / hygiene / water safety, but that's it.

prothero;103200 wrote:
Hundreds of thousands have been saved by vaccinations.
Millions every year alone. Around 800,000 kids die of measles every year still. In 1960 there were as many as 20 million deaths per year from measles.
0 Replies