So you think we are alone in this infinite universe?

GHOST phil

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 05:10 pm
@xris,
This is what has baffled me. With literally 1000's upon 1000's of sightings and obductions claimed every year, I wonder how much evidence is needed before aliens are more than scoffed at. I tend to believe something when more than one person see's the exact same thing, especially when 62 children see the exact same thing, it do not care if they are children, they all have eyes and they all wittnessed something phenomenal. PS. If you want his name watch the video.
GHOST phil

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 05:54 pm
@Pangloss,
Tests were conducted by the National Institute of Discovery of Science (NIDS), New Mexico Tech, Los Alamos National Lab and university of California in San Diego. These are all the results I could find:

SCIENTIFIC DATA
ANALYSIS DOCUMENTS
http://www.alienscalpel.com/nonmetal.pdf
pa2
Anomalous Metal Samples
0 Replies

Holiday20310401

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 11:13 pm
@GHOST phil,
xris wrote:
I could agree if you had investigated this event or you could agree that these events whatever their cause need investigating.Need is not always an objection to searching, new lands new horizons are always found by need.Read the back ground of this guy before you assume his investigation was biased. In the great scheme of things aliens are just as possible as parallel universes or any fanciful scientific theory. I said before Aliens are more possible and we have more evidence of them than any god.

Sure, did we not find microbes on Mars or something?

GHOST wrote:
This is what has baffled me. With literally 1000's upon 1000's of sightings and obductions claimed every year, I wonder how much evidence is needed before aliens are more than scoffed at. I tend to believe something when more than one person see's the exact same thing, especially when 62 children see the exact same thing, it do not care if they are children, they all have eyes and they all wittnessed something phenomenal. PS. If you want his name watch the video.

Firstly, you trust the video. I watched it, and it was a complete joke. John Mack was it? Look, it's all a bunch of crap. John Mack says (in the video clip) that there is no psychiatric explanation to this, that 62 children could all have this 'mass delusion'. I never heard Mack actually say himself that he claimed that statement, it was the narrator of the clip who did.

I cannot believe that Mack who went to Harvard and into the psychiatry field could not find a psycho-explanation to the phenomenon.

The alien delusion is a very common one in psychotics, I know my brother has it. From my understanding, it is a fear. I noticed the children feared the alien spacecraft or whatever it was. Also, the drawings differed too much, and you'll notice only one of the children described the lighting of the spacecraft. You need all of them to see the SAME lighting effect and credible evidence of such too.

And you never had any of the children talk about interacting with the aliens. I mean, you'd think one of them'd be naive enough to say hello. But its all about fear isn't it. The delusion/hallucination invoking fear tends to be one-way interaction.

You'll notice the children did not describe the sound of the spacecraft. That kind of evidence might have been very conclusive too knowing that these African children have not heard much of the urban chaotic noise.

Also, all those websites, if there was any credible evidence, then I'm sure they'd look much more professional and funded, don't you think?
xris

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 04:55 am
@Holiday20310401,
Holiday20310401 wrote:
Sure, did we not find microbes on Mars or something?

Firstly, you trust the video. I watched it, and it was a complete joke. John Mack was it? Look, it's all a bunch of crap. John Mack says (in the video clip) that there is no psychiatric explanation to this, that 62 children could all have this 'mass delusion'. I never heard Mack actually say himself that he claimed that statement, it was the narrator of the clip who did.

I cannot believe that Mack who went to Harvard and into the psychiatry field could not find a psycho-explanation to the phenomenon.

The alien delusion is a very common one in psychotics, I know my brother has it. From my understanding, it is a fear. I noticed the children feared the alien spacecraft or whatever it was. Also, the drawings differed too much, and you'll notice only one of the children described the lighting of the spacecraft. You need all of them to see the SAME lighting effect and credible evidence of such too.

And you never had any of the children talk about interacting with the aliens. I mean, you'd think one of them'd be naive enough to say hello. But its all about fear isn't it. The delusion/hallucination invoking fear tends to be one-way interaction.

You'll notice the children did not describe the sound of the spacecraft. That kind of evidence might have been very conclusive too knowing that these African children have not heard much of the urban chaotic noise.

Also, all those websites, if there was any credible evidence, then I'm sure they'd look much more professional and funded, don't you think?
Be sceptical by all means but dont scoff . It was investigated and those that did not go assumed it was mass hallucination those that did came away not knowing.The phenomena,alien abduction, is well known and i believe that Mack after alot of academic interference concluded that this is not as clearly explained as we would like it to be. Ive always wondered why aliens visiting this planet would be so unbelievable and how they could appear and disappear be so much stuff of fiction .We cannot assume the reality we live is the only one and advanced forms of life may well have found the secrets of slipping between worlds or realities.If one person sees a ufo its a weather balloon if a whole city sees them its mass hallucination..are you sure ? If you had to choose who has the most evidence GOD or ALIENS . If we spent as much time and effort poopooing God as we do ufos and when you compare the evidence, ide be les critical of this sarcastic attitude many have towards the subject .
Holiday20310401

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 10:32 am
@xris,
What I don't understand is, why would an alien race come to Earth in a stupid looking saucer.

You'd think that in the how many thousands of year again?, that humans have envisioned flying saucers, these "aliens" would have changed their aesthetic ideal just a little you know? Surely their technological rate would be incredible so as to cause a huge difference in what the spacecrafts would look like in even a hundred years.
xris

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 12:46 pm
@Holiday20310401,
Holiday20310401 wrote:
You'd think that in the how many thousands of year again?, that humans have envisioned flying saucers, these "aliens" would have changed their aesthetic ideal just a little you know? Surely their technological rate would be incredible so as to cause a huge difference in what the spacecrafts would look like in even a hundred years.
So its a design fault we are debating..Many are cigar shaped even teapot..but thats not the point if you reached perfectionwould you change it ?
Holiday20310401

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 02:47 pm
@xris,
Perfection is asymptotical.

We're not debating a design fault; I'm merely pointing out the lack of subjective change which suggests delusion, as exemplified in the youtube clip.

Here: Psychosocial Hypothesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Besides, Jung more than clears up the "issue" here.
0 Replies

Pangloss

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 03:17 pm
@GHOST phil,
Whenever I read or hear of a UFO sighting, I don't doubt that the person saw a UFO-- UFO meaning "unidentified flying object". It's an object that they spot flying through the air, which they are unable to identify.

But then to immediately jump to conclusions about this UFO being of extraterrestrial origins is the delusion that Holiday is talking about. That these people all saw something, we can't dispute, but to say that they must have seen aliens visiting from another galaxy is just ridiculous without evidence...fictional, conspiratorial stories contribute to this "delusion" where these people who see lights in the air and immediately can't identify it will report it as being an alien spacecraft.

Recent case in point:

Northern England's UFO Mystery Solved
xris

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 03:50 pm
@Pangloss,
Pangloss wrote:
Whenever I read or hear of a UFO sighting, I don't doubt that the person saw a UFO-- UFO meaning "unidentified flying object". It's an object that they spot flying through the air, which they are unable to identify.

But then to immediately jump to conclusions about this UFO being of extraterrestrial origins is the delusion that Holiday is talking about. That these people all saw something, we can't dispute, but to say that they must have seen aliens visiting from another galaxy is just ridiculous without evidence...fictional, conspiratorial stories contribute to this "delusion" where these people who see lights in the air and immediately can't identify it will report it as being an alien spacecraft.

Recent case in point:

Northern England's UFO Mystery Solved
95 % of sightings are or could be attributed to a realistic explanation but 5 % defy explanation.That does not mean they are aliens or abductors waiting for you to turn your back .The point is by their numbers it requires more than the cursory oh its nutters and their delusions..Ill ask you what is the most viable a benevolent god or something we dont yet understand..It attracts a certain faithful just like other acts of belief but it should not be judged by its followers. I give a certain respect to those who have faith in god even though i think they are delusional and the same respect should be given to those who believe aliens could be visiting us.
Didymos Thomas

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 06:28 pm
@xris,
Except that aliens are typically imagined to be physical entities. Aliens can be defined, mapped into our scientific schemes. God transcends all of that.
GHOST phil

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 09:31 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
I'm not sure what is being discussed here, but it was more than just lights in the sky that they wittnessed. The craft landed and living beings got out. All the children say they were trying to communicate telepathically. The children were obviously not going to yell out "Hey, what's up fella's". Any way I recently heard of the Gary Mckinnon case. He spoke of the "Disclosure Project". I did a bit of research on this. It turns out to be the most solid evidence of aliens I have ever seen. It contains over 400 testimonies. These people range from Air Force Pilots, Aeronuatic Engineers, Master Sergeants, CIA Operatives, Astronuats and countless other Government officials including people in charge of nucear devices. They have blown the whistle. They can no longer handle the deception and lies. They want to see all secret documentation released to the public. What are peoples thoughts on this one?

I completely agree, those who believe in UFO's deserve respect, especially when there seems to be a lot of evidence backing it up. It is only because society has been made to think it is a load of crap, that they immediatly react with what fits into their current reality.

The cognitive system is calm and stable through avoiding any disturbing new truth.
Holiday20310401

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 09:55 pm
@GHOST phil,
I think what's happening is some people are seduced by the idea of extra-terrestrial intelligence possibilities out of the UFO sightings. And I mean that statement to it's every ounce of ambiguous capacity. I mean, all these people could have taken a bribe? Who knows, it sounds cruel, but perhaps these African children needed funding for a school?

And no, the public should not be aware of extra-terrestrial intelligence if there is any (which there isn't).
0 Replies

Aedes

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 10:00 pm
@GHOST phil,
GHOST;43487 wrote:
This is what has baffled me. With literally 1000's upon 1000's of sightings and obductions claimed every year, I wonder how much evidence is needed before aliens are more than scoffed at.
Remember 9/11/01? If we can get an alien sighting with that much news coverage, I might believe it.
GHOST phil

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 10:07 pm
@Aedes,
OK, to paint a better picture of the disclosure project:It contains over 400 testimonies. These people range from Air Force Pilots, Aeronuatic Engineers, Master Sergeants, CIA Operatives, Astronuats and countless other Government officials including people in charge of nucear devices. They have blown the whistle. They can no longer handle the deception and lies. Basically, they say that the Government, or secret compartments of it (that may or may not have any connection with the legitimate Government) have been aware of alien life visiting the Earth since as early as the 1940's and keep the public from knowing by ANY means possible. They also claim that the Government has captured alien space crafts and has attained incredible technology such as anti-gravity and free-energy generation. They want to see all secret documentation and technology released to the public. What are peoples thoughts on this one? It seems very hard to believe, or have we been made to automatically react with a response like "what stupid garbage". The cognitive system is calm and stable through avoiding any disturbing new truth.

Yes, that does sound cruel, but is a good explanation if I could understand how they would make money from it? I think the children wouldn't be able to hide the fact that they are lying, the proffesor from Harvard surely would have picked up on it.
Holiday20310401

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 10:14 pm
@GHOST phil,
It matters not. All these people are interested in money. It's all about FRICKIN MONEY! Before we had media, how many UFO sightings do you suppose there were in ratio to alien conspiracies?
GHOST phil

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 12:03 am
@Holiday20310401,
These people do not make money from saying they wittnessed a UFO! Unless they write a book on it the only thing they might gain is an infamous status and a reputation as a wack job. Who really wants that?

"And we are conditioned by our own paradigms not to accept the possibility or probability of a highly advanced intelligent civilization coming here to visit us. You have evidence in the form of highly credible reports of objects being seen, of the entities inside these objects being seen. Yet, we look for a prosaic explanation and we throw out the bits and pieces of the evidence that doesn't meet our paradigm." - Sgt. Clifford Stone: US Army
0 Replies

xris

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 04:35 am
@Holiday20310401,
Holiday20310401 wrote:
It matters not. All these people are interested in money. It's all about FRICKIN MONEY! Before we had media, how many UFO sightings do you suppose there were in ratio to alien conspiracies?
How much would a usaf pilot get for claiming to see a ufo? ide be realy interested. This form of attack is highly ill informed and smacks of an inbuilt prejudice.
0 Replies

xris

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 04:41 am
@Didymos Thomas,
Didymos Thomas wrote:
Except that aliens are typically imagined to be physical entities. Aliens can be defined, mapped into our scientific schemes. God transcends all of that.
How many sightings of god have been confirmed..When has he ever tried to prove his existance ? Physical entities what did you imagine them to be ethereal spirits ? You scoff at sightings of Ufos but claim the existance of an imagined god because of one book written by man over two thosand years ago.Lets have a balance on this please.Even the bible claims ufos to aid its story ahh but they are holy stars guiding the wisemen ,so much more believable..
GHOST phil

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 06:07 pm
@xris,
We are our own worst enemy. I had enough evidence to prove the existance of Aliens to myself a long time ago, the evidence bucket is overflowing, but made to look empty. 71% of Americans believe in Aliens, are 71% of American citizens crazy or liars?

Sgt. Clifford Stone: US Army
Quote:
0 Replies

Theaetetus

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 06:31 pm
@GHOST phil,
I wouldn't say that 71% of Americans are crazy or are liars, but instead have believed untrustworthy evidence, or do not understand that hallucinations and dreams are not proof of the existence of aliens.

The government would rather have people believe the crafts that they see of an alien origin rather than what they are--military or aerospace crafts.