Out of body experiences

OctoberMist

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 06:12 pm
@MITech,
And now it's time for another episode of:

[CENTER]Stroll Through The Unknown[/CENTER]

Today we'll be examing the case of Pangloss...

"After a long day of working, I went to the mall to unwind. After my third case of beer, I had what can only be described as a dizzying sensation.

When I woke up, I felt different. I looked down and saw that my clothes were on the ground. It was then that I realized I was having an out of clothes experience.

I heard Musak; it was beautiful.

I walked around the mall. It was almost as if people could see me. Then, a man with a badge shined a wonderful light on me and I was transported to another place in time.

When I woke up in a squad car, I was back in my clothes! It's an experience I'll never forget!"

Pangloss was lucky. Some people leave their clothes and never return.

Did Pangloss really have an out of clothes experience or was he just lying to get on television? -- We'll never know, otherwise we'd call this show:

[CENTER]Stroll Through The Painfully Obvious[/CENTER]

And tune in next week when we'll bring you the case of Boagie: a man imitating a sea lion or just a sea lion? -- You decide!

[center] Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy [/center]

Just kidding, guys! :bigsmile:
0 Replies

Pangloss

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 06:55 pm
@MITech,
Nice...I would be the first one to tell you though that I think these experiences, as I have had them, are no more supernatural than regular dreams. Very strange and vivid dreams, yes, but dreams nonetheless which, like lucid dreams, illustrate the real power of the brain's imagination at the less-than-conscious level.
OctoberMist

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 07:35 pm
@Pangloss,
Pangloss said:

Quote:

Nice...

Hee hee. Thanks for having a sense of humor about it. Smile

Quote:

I would be the first one to tell you though that I think these experiences, as I have had them, are no more supernatural than regular dreams. Very strange and vivid dreams, yes, but dreams nonetheless which, like lucid dreams, illustrate the real power of the brain's imagination at the less-than-conscious level.

Actually, I agree with this. I nearly always have lucid dreams and they seem extremely real while in the dream, but I do not see them as supernatural in origin.

They could be... but nothing so far has led me to believe so.
xris

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 08:06 am
@OctoberMist,
When you go to bed tell yourself you are going know you are dreaming and that you will be in charge.... when you realise you are dreaming and they become lucid dont forget to keep your dream hands in sight then it will last longer..im an expert...Let your subconscious take you on an amazing journey..
0 Replies

sarek

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 09:19 am
@Holiday20310401,
Holiday20310401 wrote:

This is true if OBE's are not hallucinations, apparently:rolleyes:. However, I believe that
OBE's can be both hallucinations and normal brain functions, because can't drugs be a factor in OBE's?

Though studies have been done on OBE patients who at the midst of dying, have these experiences. Pictures are put in the room, oblivious to the patient, and not in the line of sight a patient can be in, unless having the out of body experience (I'm guessing bird's eye view). And when the patient is told to describe the event of an OBE, his/her surroundings, "apparently", "the results were quite surprising". I found that interesting:a-ok:

This quote I believe to be very important. Because if anyone could describe elements of a OBE experience that his/her physical body could not possibly have sensed itself we may have positive proof of something "paraphysical"
Maybe if you could just find a link to that research.
0 Replies

FireInTheWater

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 07:46 am
@MITech,
You may have activated the pineal gland which produces a chemical similar to DMT. Supposedly, the pineal gland is activated at death and may be the last dream we have before we forget everything.
xris

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 08:08 am
@FireInTheWater,
FireInTheWater wrote:
You may have activated the pineal gland which produces a chemical similar to DMT. Supposedly, the pineal gland is activated at death and may be the last dream we have before we forget everything.
Why do you think or even how nature makes this possible.Evolution has a soft side it comforts you before you die? one way or another pretty weird..What gland gives me poignant dreams of love ones and friends attending me at the point of their death?
0 Replies