The Mosquito

William

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2010 09:29 pm
Extrasensory Perception?

The other day I learned of a device call the MOSQUITO. It is a frequency that only the young can hear. It has a frequency of 17000 kHz. Those under 25 years of age can hear it, those over can't. There is a Mosquito Ringtone that has been downloaded by, they say, over 50,000,000 young people world wide since it's inception in 2006. Talk about behind the times, I had no idea there was such a difference in what a person could actually hear and for that matter what they sense. I realize we just assume our hearing and sight grow worse with age; what if they are not supposed too?

That causes me to wonder just how our senses change from what we perceive as infants we don't remember as we age. What else can the child sense that we as adults don't. Does that mean we are missing something in how we communicate with our young as we "teach them"?

The news more or less sluffed it off and didn't offer much else to it and just noted that it was being used in Europe as a device to "dispel" rowdy young people from gathering in those areas that would disturb us "sensitive" adults. Speakers were installed in these "adult places" to "shoo" the kids off, ha!

In this day of text messaging this opens up many possibilities as to what this "special ringtone" could be utilized for. Good and bad. In this day a and age also, talking on a cell phone is no longer cost restrictive. If this is the case why all the messaging? So many times I see young people just sitting and staring at their telephone? Have they received a message or are they sending one? Why not just talk on the thing??????

Today kids are using it to cheat on tests. Ha! In a quiet environment, even using the vibrate function, it can be "heard". The Mosquito can't!
More importantly it can be used to "score" drugs as to time and place, and as a means to communicate with the young in all sorts of nefarious affairs?

Many times I have used the common adage, "out of the mouths of babes"; what if the way we are communicating and what we are communicating has something to do with our sense deteriorating? What if our senses were to go in the opposite direction and were meant to get better than to get worse with age?

A whole new definition as to what extra sensory perception is! This is open to all to offer what they think what this could mean.

Thanks for anything you might offer. Smile

William
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 604 • Replies: 1
No top replies

TickTockMan

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 01:27 pm
@William,
Here's an interesting link with a hearing test: Hearing Test - Can you hear it?
I'm dubious as to its accuracy however, as I could hear the
17,000 khz tone. When I shut the office door and minimized
outside noise I could just barely hear the 18,000 khz.
I'm 47.
0 Replies