Is He/She your PROPERTY?

SealPoet

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 05:23 am
Depends on the couple, but I know of far more marriages that have been blown apart from infidelity than not.

Sexual infidelity begats spiritual infidelity...

For me, the energies that would be spent getting into someone else's pants are much better invested on Mrs. SealPoet.
0 Replies

Rapunzelle

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 08:27 am
I would like to know if Step314 has a harem as well..
0 Replies

MissBee

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 09:13 am
Re: What is lost.
step314 wrote:
For the wife to resist is needless cruelty both to the husband and to the would-be mistress. Of course, if the female has extra-marital sex, that is quite a loss to the husband. Pregnancy is a big deal.

Mostlytheonlywaytobeselfishwithamatewouldbeto hurt that mate, and who wouldwant to behurt selfishly?Sosinceselfishness would bemostly impossible, bydefinitionunselfishness in mating wouldalsomostly be impossibleandtheevolution of BLABLABLA, YADAYADA...

HAHAHAHAHA! Sorry, but I have never heard a load of crap like this before. Laughing Unfortunately humans don't act like robots or kitchen appliances with a booklet of instructions on how to work them, they often have emotions involved when they are in a relationship. But OK, let's ignore this "insignificant detail".

Uh? You know, there is an invention called birth control that comes in different packages. So if pregnancy is your main concern, the so called mistress can potencially become pregnant with your child as well, meaning you carry some responsability towards that child. As a consequence your wife loses, because instead of providing for your children with her, you will have to provide for a couple little bastards in addition to that. So in the end it doesn't make a difference who you provide for, it is all just one big happy family.
Ergo, I would rule out your "asymetricalmarriage" theory.

So I hope that when you find a mate, that she is gonna be as sophisticated and advanced as you are in your self excusable phylosophies. In other words, I hope she gets a lot of good sex from other men.
0 Replies

Rapunzelle

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 09:55 am
I think Step314 is pulling our collective leg.. just to see how many people would actually react.. ha ha ha - Good one Step314.. However, if you really were serious (cuz I know some people are seriously deranged out there), then it makes it even more Hilarious!! Laughing Ha ha ha!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 10:09 am
It's all about being open and honest. There are couples who go and get sex from other people, and are up front with each other about it, so there are no surprises. However, when people lie and cover up their sleeping around, that's when there's a problem.
There's nothing wrong with either view: being faithful/monogamous, or having an open relationship. As long as everyone's expectations are understood up front.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 10:26 am
Exactly. It's not that there is anything inherently good or bad about either option. It's about trust, and what both partners expect from the relationship.

If both partners have agreed they don't want kids and then the woman purposely doesn't take her birth control pills, that is wrong because it is a violation of trust, not because having kids is a bad thing.
0 Replies

step314

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 01:45 pm
Quote:
So if pregnancy is your main concern, the so called mistress can potencially become pregnant with your child as well, meaning you carry some responsability towards that child.

I believe that females should be allowed to have the right to have sex with a male without requiring him to have responsibility for a child that is produced. In fact, that should be the default state. Indeed, marriage ceremonies are preferable to this-is-just-mistress-sex ceremonies, the latter of which of course would be quite pompous. This is not a particularly radical idea. Practically speaking, that is how it used to work in (click for link) France, for instance. Marriage used to mean something before paternity tests became common. Personally, I would find sex without a possibility of fatherhood to be pointless and just something that could open me to manipulation. I suspect that men who want fake sex mostly are either confused or dishonest, wanting really to have the opportunity to enslave via sodomy, which opportunity fake sex might allow. Again, believing that sex should only occur when children are desired is scarcely radical; such was a very common opinion in the late 19th century, for instance.
0 Replies