Evil Is Good And God Doesn't Exist???

one-philosophy

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 10:03 am
@OntheWindowStand,
OntheWindowStand wrote:
I think Girls are only time and money and are evil

Thats a stoic argument!
I also think it silly to assume a whole half of a species to be evil because of a formula which does not even apply to the majority of them.
Why should I spend loads of money to attract a girl? Surely if I am poor and spend little on her I would know she was truthful because she would not love me for my money but rather for who I am. Likewise, good character, kindness and other virtues are what makes true attractiveness, not necessarally materialistic values such as wealth or beauty. In my opinion true good values and virtues make someone far more attractive than wealth or beauty ever could.
0 Replies

infinidream

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 06:43 pm
@Solace,
Solace wrote:
But my point was two-fold, both that business still goes on in churches and, if someone is trying to be like Christ, shouldn't they do something about it?

:flowers:
I'm with you there. Most church-goers are sheep, tacitly accepting Jesus as their savior with no will to actively do good in the world.
0 Replies

infinidream

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 06:54 pm
@OntheWindowStand,
OntheWindowStand wrote:
I think Girls are only time and money and are evil

For some reason I'm not surprised that guys in a philosophy chatroom tend to beleive that women are evil.Laughing

Most chicks aren't turned on by the size of your cerebrum. get use to it.:Glasses:

It also doesn't helpt that powers of logic are often of little use when dealing with the fairer sex, which can be particularly frusterating to our kind.:poke-eye:
0 Replies

infinidream

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 11:00 pm
@Doobah47,
Doobah47 wrote:

Is language good or bad or evil or belonging to a different category or not at all?

Smile welcome!!

I don't think Language is good or evil anymore than a gun is. Its just a tool.

Evil is all in intention, not in the method used to distribute it. For exmaple, you wouldn't call non-intentional animals evil (even when they kill humans) because they are just following their instinctual behavior. For non-self-aware creatures, Good and evil don't enter into the equation.

It does raise the question of whethor or not there is such a thing as evil intention. I don't think people intend to do evil for the sake of being evil (except for women apparently:)), rather they do self-serving acts despite the evilness of the act.
Holiday20310401

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 11:08 pm
@infinidream,
Wow. Are there any girls on this forum? Because if we are going to block swearing we should block this stuff. After all, by doing this, you are insulting 50% of potential members. Or does evil come with a dum advocate? Well yeah ok, maybe you're all on to something here... lol.

But seriously, this site has a slight bias that is taking away half the insight I thought we would want.
infinidream

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 03:08 am
@Holiday20310401,
seriously, you shouldn't take the above comments seriously. There's plenty of room on the forum for women to give their retort to our jibes.:Cara_2:
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2010 06:34 am
@infinidream,
infinidream;15387 wrote:
If God Exists, then Evil and Good exist and Evil is not Good (According to Christian bible)

Good is Good.

All the necessary components of good are good.

Evil is a necessary component of good.
---if there were no evil, the concept 'good' would have no meaning. such a word wouln't even exist.

Therefore

Evil is Good

God does not exist
Good and evil are 2 subjective matters.

If a man stand trialed for murder, the judgement will determine if he is good or bad, and up to the skills of the lawyers and jury to determine that.
He may go free if the procedure has been compromised, and therefore be ruled innocent, even if he has commited the crime, or he can be ruled guilty if the evidence has been falsefyed.

To say something is good or bad, is for the naive, the shortshighted, the ignorent ..etc.
0 Replies

Marat phil

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 03:27 pm
@infinidream,
All of us will die. Some - young. To live in sin is a risk. I will better live a life without a sin. I do not wish to get to HELL. Now it seems that it is not present. But science HAS not proved. It has not been proved that God - is not present. And time - it is not known, I will try to avoid danger of a Judgement Day.
All of us will die. It is better to risk to lose 80 years of a life, than to risk to lose eternity of hedonism and pleasures in Paradise.
0 Replies