WHAT DO WOMEN WANT!!!!!!!

cavfancier

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 06:19 pm
That's healthy, IMO, littlek.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 06:28 pm
I agree, cav.

I see my single male friends and my single female friends going through the exact same thing, over and over again. It starts with some sort of wishful thinking and blindness to faults. It goes through a heavy angst stage -- "Am I being too picky? Should I just put up with this? Would anyone else be better? What do I really want?" -- and proceeds to the no way, no how stage -- "Even if I am being too picky, I CANNOT STAND this for one more week" -- or the "I'm about to be dumped" stage, which is all the more annoying because they don't actually like the person who is about to dump them very much. "Wahhh, he/she doesn't like me anymore!!" Yeah, but you told me 3 months ago that you thought you guys had no future... "I know, but he/she is going to break uuuuuuuuup with meeee!!"

One guy I know was in this Major Relationship for 2 years. They broke up because she wanted to get married and he didn't want to, she wanted to have kids and he didn't want to. The thing is, she'd said this right up front from the very beginning. He took her literally and everything, he just liked having sex with her and didn't think about that part too much. She got more and more insistent, finally gave an ultimatum, he left. But that was TWO YEARS of him kvetching about her faults and wondering if he should break up with her.

Basically, if people want to get together and have some sex, no strings, that's easy. It becomes a matter of body type preferences and taste in food and movies. It's when you move on to long-term relationships that I think men and women are equally clueless and equally subject to luck, or lack thereof.
0 Replies

Fred

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 06:29 pm
Well its true "And I speak for all guys" We try so hard to do things right and when we do its the wrong thing done! So we deserve to know what it is our better halfs want
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 06:41 pm
What do women want in a man?

A romantic gentleman, a gentle confidant, a guy who knows where to take her out, a stud, a mind reader, careful and passionate in bed.

After they get this man, they work hard into draining his confidence.
If he thinks he knows where to take her out, he chose the wrong place.
If the next time, he says: "Wherever you want, love", he becomes "a wimp who never decides".
But if he says: "Don't make that sultry face, let's go where I want to", he becomes a "controlling macho".

If he's still as romantic as he was, he has become "too mellow".
If he's not as romantic as he was, he has become "Mr. Routine".

In bed, the balance is also hard. Suddenly, it's just as easy to be "too rough" as to be "too soft".
If you want to, and she doesn't, you're not considerate, you only think on sex. If she wants you, and you don't, then you don't love her anymore, she's not attractive to you anymore, you have an affair, etc.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 06:46 pm
Stop trying and start listening, Fred. Also, just for the record, listening does NOT mean just hearing the words.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 07:47 am
I want way to much, so I suspect that I'll be alone for awhile, LOL!
0 Replies

Greyfan

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 11:06 am
I think women want what men want;

When we are young, we want whatever it is we don't have.

When we are older, we want whatever it is we have lost.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 11:52 am
Oooh, nice, greyfan.

People sure are good at being miserable, aren't they?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 11:55 am
Yeppers, that was nice indeed, greyfan. Soz, so true...isn't giving up misery a good feeling? Smile
0 Replies