"Is [God] willing to prevent evil, but not able? then is he impotent...

kennethamy

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 08:09 am
@vajrasattva,
vajrasattva wrote:

I think that their is no actual evil in the world, because it's all a matter of perception. Some Christians (extremists mind you) think Muslims are evil. I quote G.W. "the axis of evil." However the same is thought by some Muslims (also extremists). 2 and -2 make 0, so if you choose to see gods wisdom in suffering then the world is a happy place in need of improvement. And because of sin (sin is separation from god, but not evil in the human sense, i.e. original sin) in this world god has us work, hence suffering because he didn't tell us what to work for.

You mean that if a child is suffering horribly from a terminal cancer, that such a thing is evil is "a matter of perception"? What does that mean? That unless you think it is evil, it isn't?
0 Replies

dpmartin

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 09:06 am
@Nitish,
Nitish wrote:

"Is [God] willing to prevent evil, but not able? then is he impotent. Is he able, but not willing? then is he malevolent. Is he both able and willing? whence then is evil?"-Epicurus.

Answer?????

God gave man his place in the earth, what men do with what they have received is their choice, (note the knowledge of good and evil) but it does not change who or what God is, does it? When God gives His Word He keeps it. But that does not mean men keep or seek to be kept in God’s Word.

If men seek to chose what is good what is evil, right or wrong, then it is contrary to God’s Word, which is Good and Good for man.

And if I may go there.

Hence the meaning of eyes to see and ear to hear.

Even in the day light one can trip over something, if he pays no attention to where his feet are. Therefore one must be careful where he places his feet. And without the Lamp that gives Light how would one know where to place his feet.

If a man agrees that a lie belongs where the Truth belongs. What good can come from that other then what he who agreed to the lie perceives what he shall receive of it.

0 Replies