What are you like when you are drunk ?

patiodog

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2003 09:02 am
I 'spect she's talking about how soking (especially heavily) exacerbates the hangover. Having been a heavy drinker and a heavy smoker, but not always both at the same time, I can attest to this.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2003 09:08 am
Well, sorry for the confusion. Actually, having gotten drunk in a smoky environment and in a clean-air (ish) environment, I am always more hungover when exposed to second hand smoke. Second hand smoke comes with it's very own hangover.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2003 01:48 pm
hee hee, somehow i thought i might find a recent post from littlek here. after 5 beers and a tequila shot (littlek came later, thus she only had 2 beers) i also cannot claim i remained sober. but i LOVE the smoking ban. i used to smoke while drinking, but i very quickly stopped missing it as i don't see anyone smoking around. as a result, i haven't smoked since august!!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2003 05:09 pm
Yay for dagmar! The beauty of a non-smoking hangover is that it only lasts for a couple hours. A second hand smoke hangover lasts all day. Or at least that's the way it works for me.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 03:29 pm
I am a cheap date - get drunk pretty quickly these days, although I tend to prefer the buzzed stage rather than the falling over sozzled out of my brain state.

I used to be able to drink a large amount. While a crazy young thing I got alcohol poisoning by drinking 20 Stags (beer), 3 bottles of wine and a vodka and raspberry (I say it was the last that killed me) and I woke up with strange blotches all over me the next morning. I never went that crazy again! I have had some rip-roaring times but my tolerance is so much lower these days that I start talking shite and get boggle-eyed after 3-4 drinks (although people do tell me I suffer from verbal diarrhea way before then!)

I laugh like a freak and find everything funny with a few drinkies on me, but then how is that different to when I'm sober?
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 03:31 pm
Talking of cigarettes and drinking, my friend once set me on fire when we were drunk (an accident she swears). She burned me with her cigarette and my top lit on fire. Some guy jumped on me to put out the flames before it reached my hair and I fell over the wall into the water. I was sober five minutes later.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 03:41 pm
Used to drink like a pro--become a more fabulous dancer--and get the giggles.

When smoking pot, I want to have sex and hibernate.

Now, I get giggly, also have notorious bouts of potty mouth, and want sex after half a glass of Chardonnay. At three glasses, I am certifiable.

Its all about sex and ridiculosity.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 04:08 pm
What am I like when I'm drunk?

Here's what I did on Friday night:
At some bar, that's laid back, fairly quiet, but busy, and there's no dance floor there. So this clown is dancing, by himself, very badly, about 8 feet away from me. I'm sitting at the bar. First I loudly direct some comments at him about his dancing skills, then I wave the bartender over, and ask her if we can have him kicked out for dancing so badly. She starts laughing at him. Then I reach in my pocket, crumple up a dollar bill, and fire it off his chest. He then finally walks over.
"What are you doing?"
"I threw a dollar at you."
"Why are you throwing money at me?"
"Because I like to watch you dance. You suck at it so bad, it's cracking me up."
"Oh yea? What's wrong with you? Don't you like to dance?"
"Uh, yea man, I LOVE to dance!"
"Then why aren't you dancing?"
(at this point I think he's trying to challenge me to a dance-off or something, but I'm not that much into dancing with guys).
"I'm too busy drinking my beer...that's why I'm not dancing."
"Well I don't drink."
"Good for you. I bet you're a real winner. Go keep dancing." Then he walked away.

He did keep dancing, with a much more subtle "style." Crushing people's confidence is great.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 04:15 pm
Ahem I have news for you ... he wasn't dancing - you were so hammered the room was jumping.

And Brittany (you were femming it up, right?) tell Justin not to come round no more.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 04:24 pm
And that wasn't a one that you threw. Thanks for the tip, dude.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 04:30 pm
It's that kinda bar, but the slapster didn't want to admit where he REALLY spends his Friday nights. Now we know.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 03:50 am
I think if all A2Kers got together and got drunk - it would be an evening which go down in history books (with a special chapter for Slappy)
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 07:12 am
The man is a party all by himself!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 09:44 am
Dammit, is that how I spent an extra $100 this weekend? It was still worth it.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 09:45 am
Remind me to dance next time you are in a bar !!
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 11:34 am
You thought you were getting a lap dance - man your pocket was picked.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 01:08 pm
Dammit, Slappy. Did they roll you again? Ya gotta cut down, man.
0 Replies