What are you like when you are drunk ?

cavfancier

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 06:22 pm
Hey bunny...what kind of scotch do you get in Oz?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 06:31 pm
Let's say that when I am drunk my boundries become more blurred! Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 08:04 pm
I get quieter and quieter and quieter, until I either fall asleep or suddenly want to get up on a table to sing (usually some Dolly Parton classic like Jolene).

unless it's champagne - 1/2 a glass and I'm fast asleep, hugging the nearest pillow tight.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 08:43 pm
I've never been really and truly drunk. I'm somewhat sheepish about this... I don't really know why. Various friends have sought to corrupt me in various ways... one friend lobbied very, very hard for me to take some acid with him before we went to the state fair. I guess that's part of it... the harder he lobbied, the more resistant I became. I just automatically push back if I feel pushed.

I've been fake-drunk, just for the hell of it... I have a very silly goofy mode that I sometimes go into if I want to, and people think I'm drunk/ high, and I'm not, but what the heck.

The recent codeine episode, documented here, is about as chemically altered as I've gotten. E.G. is quite the opposite -- name it, he's tried it, with very few exceptions -- and he has this whole theory about how my consciousness had been altered quite enough in real life for me to go seeking it out in chemicals. He, on the other hand, was raised in the suburbs and was bored bored bored. (Note to self -- raise sozlet somewhere where she won't be bored...)
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 09:18 pm
I have a very low tolerance for alcohol, one beer I'm a babbling fool, two beers and I'm generally asleep. As a result I don't drink and most people think I'm stuck up. When I was an undergraduate however I was quite fond of alternate realities.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 09:44 pm
cavfancier wrote:
Hey bunny...what kind of scotch do you get in Oz?

Er - same as everywhere else, I suppose.....I know what I would LIKE to get - but spirits are expensive here....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 09:47 pm
I like to drink but don't like to get wobbly or sick so in self defense I hold to not too many, too fast.

Sometimes we have a halfglass of wine before leaving work for the day, not really very much, and this is immediately followed by an interesting phenomenon - at sip one, I start talking more generally, more philosophically, more wittily-to-me, more descriptively, a veritable fountain of mesmerizing words. Clearly this is a psychological effect.

On the other hand, I act this way at random often.

I'm a little sorry I was raised in a teetotaling household, then
got into drinking too much about once a week in my twenties. A lot of us did that.

I would prefer to just have wine to enhance evening meals, and the occasional whiskey on a cold winter night, but I like it more often.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 09:50 pm
I'm a happy, happy, happy drunk. When I drink, that is!

And it is my one wish in this lifetime to be nearby when sozobe gets truly smashed! I think she'd be a hoot! :wink:
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 09:52 pm
Cool
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 10:02 pm
:wink:
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 08:19 am
I tend to talk a lot more and get all sentimental. I also tend to flirt which I usually don't do in person when I'm not drinking. I joke and laugh a lot an just plain have a good time. I'm what you'd call a happy drunk :-)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 08:23 am
How we gonna get Soz smashed at this distance?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 11:01 am
Alternative Realities, yes thats it.
Officsheer Im Jushh an exshplorer heere fum a paraallelelel unervershe.

I realizshe I wazzh jush driving rounana rouna anroun with my turnshingnals on. Thish ish how we commununicate in my7 worl .

i no longer drink because I embraced my problem as one of a profound desire to remain a child despite evidence to the contrary. Consequently, when drunk, i would do all sorts of dangerous things with machinery and heavy equipment.
My favorites were gin and valium followed by a very fast drive on a bike.

i also became mean quickly. I was not a nice drunk. It took 2 tries at detox and dry out before it sunk in.
Now I envision the hangovers and broken bones and have no desire to make up for lost time.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 11:50 pm
broken bones! Yowza, that's quite a hangover!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2003 12:23 am
I thought that I changed very little when I drank. My wife says I became mellow. Anyway, I rarely drink these days - certainly not to the point of drunkenness.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2003 12:27 am
I am, after 2 guinness and one shot of tequila, drunk. Sigh. Well, likely I won't be hung over tomorrow as there is no more smoking in my town's bars.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2003 12:41 am
So you leave if you can't smoke?
I don't ask that challengingly, exactly, since I was ms. puffathon. Just wondering.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2003 12:46 am
Yeah I'd leave.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2003 12:48 am
The only time I need a ciggy is when I'm havin' a drink. If I can't have one, imbibing becomes almost painful. So I'd leave too.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2003 01:14 am
I'd leave as well. Can't drink without my smokes :-(
0 Replies