What are you like when you are drunk ?

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 08:19 am
Seeing that abuzz was again buzzing - popped in and was going through my old interactions. Found this, and thought maybe it would be fun to post it here and see the reposnses !!!

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
Hemingway Ernest

Let's admit it. We all have been drunk out of our senses at some point in time. Very few of us, and I confess I am not one of them, know when to say "when" and stop.

But alcohol, like all things, has different effect on different people. Some get bolder, some get more romantic, some become daredevils, and some become violent.

Since I am starting this thread, it is only fair that I go first. I become talkative and flirtatious. I spew poetry, jokes, discuss philosophy, and present such valid arguments that I am surprised to learn that they were mine when I am sober !! I also go and talk to anyone I find attractive, something which I wud not usually do when I am stone cold sober. I am also told that I dance very well under the influence !!

"Drunkeness is nothing else but a voluntary madness."
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

So what are you like when you are drunk ? Cmon guys and gals - let's be honest here Wink
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,554 • Replies: 76
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 08:23 am
I'm a laughing, happy, loud and friendly Irish drunk, and i'll break your nose for you just for the fun of it.

When i gave up the booze, it wasn't long before i could no longer understand why i had ever done it.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 08:26 am
Kind of a quiet drunk. At some stage my own jokes start sounding funny.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 08:31 am
When I'm drunk I actually become less sure of myself and even a bit more inhibited and depressed. When I am sober I am outgoing in the extreme and have no trouble having conversations with the ladies. For me, being sober is a blast and being drunk sucks.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 08:36 am
I have some social anxiety disorders, so I become more social? I dunno...I'm naturally talkative, but I suppose maybe more bold when drunk. No violence or daredevil stuff though. I like to stay in control most of the time, but enjoy my drink to let go of crap. It's nice having a couple with the wife, and with friends. It is extremely rare that I am drunk out of my senses, because I just get literally sick and tired, and I prefer to enjoy the experience while it's happening.
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 08:48 am
I love being drunk. Problem is, I don't ever have a time I can cut loose and do it. Oh, I drink beers on the weekend, but right now it's limited to the sunday Cheifs game. I get buzzed, but not drunk.

I'd have to say, that it pretty much amplifys whatever my emotion is. So if I'm loud, I get louder. Depressed, deresseder (is that a word?), happy, happier. . .
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 08:54 am
That's true Turner, alcohol is essentially an emotion enhancer, it doesn't really alter anything in the brain, just amplifies it.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 08:55 am
Incidentally, I love being drunk too, but like Turner said, buzzed is always better. I have no other drug of choice. I don't even smoke. Smile
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 09:03 am
Gautam, I am very much like you, luckily as a good Slovak, it takes gallons to make me really drunk (or a few Manhattans, the vile liquid), and it rarely happens. why buzzed, yes. I essentially stay the same though. See, we go through extensive training back home, you drink with friends at least once or twice a week while talking politics/culture/literature/whatever else in a nice cafe and at the end of the night everybody's drunk, but nobody noticed. very pleasant, if i may say so myself. for some people alcohol changes they character completely, especially for women i think - i hate to see that. i try to watch out and learn with age when to say that 'when'. having a car with me at all times helps.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 09:16 am
I come from good Russian stock, so I think I'm like Dag there regarding the fact that it really does take a lot to get me drunk to the point of embarrassment. I find those chickies who go nuts after a martini or two truly strange....
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 09:18 am
I start turning female:
It makes me act irrational and lose my ability to drive a car.
I become more outgoing, not really "loud," but can get talkative. And I get waaay better looking. Spend too much money once I'm rolling, too...
Oh, my car trunk is usually filled with dead hookers the next day.
You know, the usual stuff.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 09:26 am
Again with the dead hookers? Slappy...surely you can put a little bit of money aside each day so you can just pay them and send them on their way...
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 09:32 am
I tend to start using analogues and jokes which no one else gets, and then have no chance of explaining them.

I tend to hold my drink well, mentally and appearance-wise, though my stomach sometimes reacts otherwise!

I tend not to enjoy being really drunk, rather preferring a few glasses of something delicious. No more than a bottle of wine or 3-4 cocktails and I'm happiest.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 09:33 am
For me it depends on many factors (getting sozzled that is) company, mood, lighting, ambience etc etc .. but mostly on what I am drinking

6-7 vodka tonics I am fine, 8-9 scotch also I am fine, 2 pints of beer or 3-4 glasses of white wine I am drunk !!
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 09:38 am
After many beers, I slur a little but I'm generally the same. After 10 cosmopolitans, I am more sarcastic with a touch of pure evil.

Everyone needs a hobby.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 09:38 am
Mrs. cav can pack away Irish whiskey like there's no tomorrow, but give her a couple of pints of lager and she's looped.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 09:39 am
I don't like being drunk. A little buzz is nice, though. Just enough to make me all warm and giggly (!) Not so much that I feel dizzy and disoriented, then sick later. That's no fun.

To answer Gautam's question...when I drink too much, I laugh uncontrollably, talk much too loud, and flirt like crazy. Oh, and I bump into everything, too. My balance is the first thing to go.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 09:39 am
Something tells me that we will have a lot of fun if we get drunk together Eva !
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 10:15 am
Gautam wrote:
Something tells me that we will have a lot of fun if we get drunk together Eva !

Sounds like no man would be safe!!! Shocked
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 11:13 am
Sugar? Sarcastic? I don't know whether to believe that or not.
0 Replies