What are you like when you are drunk ?

patiodog

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 11:27 am
Quote:
I tend to start using analogues and jokes which no one else gets, and then have no chance of explaining them.

Hmm. That's me sober. Ah, well.

Generally a quiet person, and generally a quiet and content drunk, but occasionally cut loose. (Goddamn my puritanical forebears...) It all depends on who I'm around how much I let go. (Cousin's wedding was the last time I remember just getting bull-ass wild, but there've been times in the more distant past when I've tossed people around and jumped off of second-story decks. Good times.)
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 11:47 am
the good times, yes. i will try to remind self not to jump off buildings at weddings.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 11:49 am
I can't drink like I used to. I blame it on childbirth, now if I have a few too many, like 4 or anything, I'm praying to the great white porcelain god at the end of the hall and wishing I was dead.
But I'm a typical irish too, laugh alot, sing a the top of my lungs and I'm a shameless flirt. However, it rarely happens now'a'days.
Alcohol is like a big magnifying glass, if you want to see what a person is truly like, pour a few rye'n'cokes, the prairie champagne, and you'll soon know.
Ceili
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 11:49 am
Just for the record, both of my small spinal fractures occurred when I was completely sober.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 11:53 am
perhaps a shot of double vodka each morning would help avoid further injuries?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 12:07 pm
Depends on the company but mostly, I'm more tolerant and benevolent after a few drinks around people I don't like and normally avoid. Like years ago at the office Christmas parties. The only drag was coming back after the holidays and having to re-establish those don't-cross boundaries once again.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 02:34 pm
Quote:
perhaps a shot of double vodka each morning would help avoid further injuries?

you're one of those "bad influences," aren't you, dag?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 02:48 pm
Apparently, when tea was first introduced to Scotland, it was considered the drink of the devil. Whiskey was the preferred breakfast drink of choice, until the nasty Protestants finally conquered the nation and forcibly changed opinion.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 02:49 pm
Seems perfectly natural to me. They hadn't cornered the market on whisky, after all.

(Don't we only have whiskey here in America? I thought it was whisky back at the old ancestral home...)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 02:58 pm
I tend to get loud. I was really loud a week or so ago when I had had a few, turned out the light to go to bed, and walked into a chair leg and broke my little toe. MOTHERF-----!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 03:04 pm
My mistake there, pd, 'whiskey' would be the Irish spelling, also favoured by the Americans, while 'whisky' would be the Scottish.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 03:27 pm
We do have whiskey made it N.America. Whiskey is made in a specific way. Bourbon (corn whiskey) in the US, Rye in Canada, Scotch is Scottish whiskey, and good old Irish for the rest of the world.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 03:54 pm
Hmmmmm - I am like me - only much more so. I tend to get into long verbal duels of wit - (apparently quite funny, thank god!) - or declaim poetry - or flirt a lot.

I once sang - wait for it - Amazing Grace - which I do not even know when I am sober. That frightened me very much.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 03:54 pm
I love scotch....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 03:55 pm
And people - especially online - often think I am buzzed when I am stone cold sober....
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 03:59 pm
Quote:
My mistake there, pd, 'whiskey' would be the Irish spelling, also favoured by the Americans, while 'whisky' would be the Scottish.

Oh, yeah -- it's right there on my Jameson's: W-H-I-S-K-E-Y. Guess we know who settled Kentucky...

Quote:
I once sang - wait for it - Amazing Grace - which I do not even know when I am sober. That frightened me very much.

As a near-hairless lad I was in a band with a couple of friends. I drank, the guitarist smoked pot, and the drummer had a wee crank habit. Eventually we all got on the same page...

Quote:
And people - especially online - often think I am buzzed when I am stone cold sober....

People often assume I'm stoned when I'm straight as an arrow, so there you have it. (Parents accused me of smoking out long before I started...)
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 04:04 pm
roger wrote:
Sugar? Sarcastic? I don't know whether to believe that or not.

Sugar is the first person Ive met that not only I thought was the only person more sarcastic than I...but actually I've been told this with great enthusiasm.
Of course, thats by drunks in the bar...but, still.

I babble. More often than just the usual rambling babble. I also laugh louder and harder I think but, thats about all. I tend to hold it well so, until Ive had like 10 or 12 SoCo's its not really apparent. Im also past that age where I intend on having that many, or finding that a useful evenings tasks..not that it doesnt happen though.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 04:14 pm
I have not met Sugar, but I would assume from what I know of her posts and her moniker that she is deliciously sarcastic. If someday, quinn, Sugar, me and Mrs. cav get a chance to meet, I propose a sarcasm-off over a few drinks.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 04:18 pm
sounds like a grand time to me cav...anytime you're out this way let us know
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 06:16 pm
I'm a goofy drunk. I lose the edge off my inhibitions, I speak more confidently and I'm goofy. But, I should say that I'm not really a drunk at all. One alcoholic bevie will do the above. 2 glasses will give me a bit of a hang over the next day. 3 glasses will make me uncomfy unless I'm hanging with friends at my own house. And 4, well, I haven't had 4 glasses in a night in a loooong time.
0 Replies