The Speed of Time.

Steerpike

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 08:58 am
@Icon,
Icon wrote:
So there was nothing and then there was something?

No. String theory doesn't say that and neither does the classical view of cosmology.

Icon wrote:

....... I wasn't talking about the beginning of time. You were. I was talking about the infinity of time.

If time has a beginning, then it can never be infinite. It would go from the beginning to "now." End points entail finite.
0 Replies

xris

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 09:14 am
@Icon,
Icon wrote:
You're mixing ideas. I never said that there was nothing to start with. I said that there was a void. An infinite void. Nothing is not infinite Nor is it finite. Nothing is nothing. The void, however, was something. Particles did not just appear. They were present. perhaps in a wave form but they were present. Then they particle-ized in a single location. Why, perhaps the inadvertent creation of the original observer, perhaps something else. never the less, the particles WERE there, bouncing around in space. They have found a hole in the Universe. This hole is filled with a great deal of "nothing" as you call it but has dimensions. This means that there IS a measurement to the void which once filled the universe in the absence of particle matter.
But nothing is not a void and thats what we had or did not have nothing...a void is describable a nothing can not be described..Ive said it before if you can conceive of nothing you have not conceived it..Before the BB there was nothing....not a void nothing...
BaCaRdi

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 09:56 am
@xris,
Have to agree here..Nice one xris:)

-BaC
xris wrote:
But nothing is not a void and thats what we had or did not have nothing...a void is describable a nothing can not be described..Ive said it before if you can conceive of nothing you have not conceived it..Before the BB there was nothing....not a void nothing...
0 Replies

Icon

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 10:29 am
@xris,
xris wrote:

How did you come to that conclusion?

In my experience, something cannot exapnd if it has no where to go. How do you explain that space just magically appeared. Where did the void come from? Did the void magically appear as well? The empty parts of the universe just sort of happened? And where did the matter come from? If there was nothing, then where did it all come from?

Is it not more likely that there was something and that the something expanded to become somethings?
xris

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 10:38 am
@Icon,
Icon wrote:
How did you come to that conclusion?

In my experience, something cannot exapnd if it has no where to go. How do you explain that space just magically appeared. Where did the void come from? Did the void magically appear as well? The empty parts of the universe just sort of happened? And where did the matter come from? If there was nothing, then where did it all come from?

Is it not more likely that there was something and that the something expanded to become somethings?
by matter appearing it created space to expand into...its realy hard to comprehend but thats the facts as cosmolgists will tell you..its the space time horizon that is even now expanding into nothing at the speed of light..
0 Replies

Icon

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 10:42 am
@Aristoddler,
I suppose I would like to see where they are getting this information from.
xris

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 10:48 am
@Icon,
Icon wrote:
I suppose I would like to see where they are getting this information from.
It is an accepted theory...There is no evidence of a previous universe and they say the BB created this universe...its the biggest mystery i believe man has to comprehend...I saw a bbc stars at night programme that explained it realy well..i will try and find it..
Icon

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 10:59 am
@xris,
xris wrote:
It is an accepted theory...There is no evidence of a previous universe and they say the BB created this universe...its the biggest mystery i believe man has to comprehend...I saw a bbc stars at night programme that explained it realy well..i will try and find it..

I guess my biggest concern is that there is just as little evidence supporting that nothing was there as there is to suggest that something was there. Simply because a theory is "accepted" doesn't show me that it is more correct than any other. Keep in mind that it was an "accepted theory" that the Earth was flat until we discovered otherwise.

I would appreciate it if you could find that program. I can purchase it if need be.
0 Replies

BaCaRdi

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 11:08 am
@Aristoddler,
Well Let me clear <--yeah right This up a bit.

I do indeed there was something there, had to be! As far as we can tell, there is always something in what we thought nothing. Not only was there something, there is ALLOT of it!

GoD to me is Ra.

What is Ra to me, the singularity in the singularity, etc, etc.

It's a fractal reality to say the least:)

Welcome to TRoN

-----a <--- '255' <----'FF'

----- <-- The Gauntlet Pergatory

-----o <--- '0'

-Tick Tock Tick Tock

-Di Vinci
0 Replies

Anthrobus

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 12:14 pm
@Aristoddler,
IF, OF COURSE : matter expanded into NOTHING to create SPACE, then it would follow that SOMETHING was created from NOTHING, and which cannot be the CASE. An alternative viewpoint would be that the outer SPACE is an EXPRESSION of an inner SPACE, and into an outer SPACE : the singularity...continuum...expressing that which it it already is. The ONE becoming the one and the many. Something coming from something, in other words...hope that helps...
Icon

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 12:17 pm
@Anthrobus,
Anthrobus wrote:
IF, OF COURSE : matter expanded into NOTHING to create SPACE, then it would follow that SOMETHING was created from NOTHING, and which cannot be the CASE. An alternative viewpoint would be that the outer SPACE is an EXPRESSION of an inner SPACE, and into an outer SPACE : the singularity...continuum...expressing that which it it already is. the ONE becoming the one and the many. Something coming from something, in other words...hope that helps...

No such thing as nothing.
0 Replies

Anthrobus

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 12:29 pm
@Aristoddler,
NEVER SAID THERE WAS : expressly am saying there is not. The expansion therefore could be a dreamlike state, have you thought of that. The inner dreaming of the outer, but the outer not really existing...except as a dream of the inner...
BaCaRdi

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 12:32 pm
@Anthrobus,
Amen! Very nice...

You waskly rabbit...

-BaC
Anthrobus wrote:
IF, OF COURSE : matter expanded into NOTHING to create SPACE, then it would follow that SOMETHING was created from NOTHING, and which cannot be the CASE. An alternative viewpoint would be that the outer SPACE is an EXPRESSION of an inner SPACE, and into an outer SPACE : the singularity...continuum...expressing that which it it already is. The ONE becoming the one and the many. Something coming from something, in other words...hope that helps...
0 Replies

BaCaRdi

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 12:33 pm
@Anthrobus,
Your both fighting on words alone....

-Di Vinci
Anthrobus wrote:
NEVER SAID THERE WAS : expressly am saying there is not. The expansion therefore could be a dreamlike state, have you thought of that. The inner dreaming of the outer, but the outer not really existing...except as a dream of the inner...
xris

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 12:54 pm
@BaCaRdi,
Sorry but you cant realy even say nothing because that implies something.i will say it again if you think you understand nothing then you dont...What constitutes nothing..what constitutes something ...then consider a universe without even nothing..Its not like an empty box there aint even a box..
Icon

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 12:57 pm
@xris,
xris wrote:
Sorry but you cant realy even say nothing because that implies something.i will say it again if you think you understand nothing then you dont...What constitutes nothing..what constitutes something ...then consider a universe without even nothing..Its not like an empty box there aint even a box..

That was my point previously when everyone decided to argue that "nothing" was there. That is impossible. There was a void. An absence of everything. Not "nothing", just an absence of everything.

Like I said, I can not conceive nothing but I CAN conceive the lack of everything.
xris

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 01:02 pm
@Icon,
Icon wrote:
That was my point previously when everyone decided to argue that "nothing" was there. That is impossible. There was a void. An absence of everything. Not "nothing", just an absence of everything.

Like I said, I can not conceive nothing but I CAN conceive the lack of everything.
Whats in this void of yours? space?
BaCaRdi

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 01:09 pm
@xris,
Let me help..It's a bit dark....

-BaC
xris wrote:
Whats in this void of yours? space?
0 Replies

xris

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 01:25 pm
@Icon,
Icon wrote:

The programme SKY AT NIGHT..bbc the 666th episode..cant get the link..we dont know i think its called..
0 Replies

Anthrobus

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 06:49 pm
@Aristoddler,
If you can't conceive of NOTHING : how can you say NOTHING in order not to be able to conceive it...