The Speed of Time.

xris

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 04:58 am
@Binyamin Tsadik,
OK subatomic particles communicate faster than light...John Bell , CERN..in the 1990s...
Binyamin Tsadik

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2008 03:59 am
@xris,
xris wrote:
OK subatomic particles communicate faster than light...John Bell , CERN..in the 1990s...

John Bell died in the year 1990 and coincidentally did not publish anything after that date.
xris

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 09:12 am
@Binyamin Tsadik,
Binyamin Tsadik wrote:
John Bell died in the year 1990 and coincidentally did not publish anything after that date.
but did he prove that subatomic particles travel faster than light is more important than me remembering when he did or died surely
Binyamin Tsadik

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 03:07 pm
@xris,
xris wrote:
but did he prove that subatomic particles travel faster than light is more important than me remembering when he did or died surely

Subatomic particles dont travel at the speed of light even if they are in a particle accelorator
xris

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 04:24 am
@Binyamin Tsadik,
Well my understanding of his experiment it showed they travelled faster than light...I must re-examine his work, my memeory must be failing me...
xris

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 05:19 am
@xris,
Ive just looked on new scientist, i think you will find their reports on his work and Daniel Salart on quantum entanglement is not quite what you claim..atoms can communicate faster than light..
BaCaRdi

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 11:20 am
@Aristoddler,
Light as with time is an energy wake, simple as that. How do you suppose you would see pure energy? We can't we see wake effects, the give offs, heat, light, etc.

Just as in a black-hole, you can see the affects of such not the energy behind it.

Light and time are coupled to your physical reality, if your reality was to change so would the properties of light and time.

If you want a wave, you get a wave. If you want a particle you get just that, a particle.

The real question in my mind is, what else can we get out of it.. If I was to select a "god" of light, I would say Einstein theories are of "god" of light / time.

If you where to fly a light speed capable craft. You would "realize" that your speed has effected your interments. However if there was another such craft flying at your speed. Your instrument panel, would be effected by your travels.

Suppose you could look out your window to the other craft's window. You would see that the crafts measurements are affected, however you wouldn't be able to see that effect on your own measurement panel.

Time is coupled by your reality, just as light. Have you ever been in a moment of panic? Where time slowed, by adrenal release?

Your time has been affected, your "c"(constant) has just changed.

-BaC
BaCaRdi

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 11:24 am
@Aristoddler,
Yes, I know, this guy is off his rocker Smile Well true, but it doesn't change the science behind it.

-BaC
0 Replies

Anthrobus

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 11:29 am
@Aristoddler,
There is a speed faster than light : the UNIVERSE instantaneously DOUBLED in size last night while nobody was watching...
BaCaRdi

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 11:35 am
@Anthrobus,
Thats not correct, light is an effect of energy. Time is an effect of reality, not the same thing.

Take the time traveler;

Say I have a ship capable of "light-speed" we both set our clocks to the exact same time, me on my ship, you on Mother Earth.

I take off, I hit light-speed in my travels. What do you supposed happen to your clock and my clock?

EDIT: Well I guess I have to give myself closer here then.lol
The clocks which where on time to each-other are now way off!
My clock says I have been gone 0 time, yet 45 years have passed on Mother Earth. Ohh well for the constants.

-BaC

Anthrobus wrote:
There is a speed faster than light : the UNIVERSE instantaneously DOUBLED in size last night while nobody was watching...
0 Replies

Anthrobus

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 11:38 am
@Aristoddler,
I was joking. The trick was to say that nobody was watching. If nobody was watching then nothing ever happens...the COSMOS would not then exist without the perceiver : as all is phenomenon...both watcher and watched...
BaCaRdi

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 11:44 am
@Anthrobus,
That I totally believe;)

Sorry took you literally, philosophers' joke? New to all of this;)

Yes, we in science call it the "Observer" and the "Observed".

If a tree falls in the woods does it make a sound? ..hehe

-BaC
Anthrobus wrote:
I was joking. The trick was to say that nobody was watching. If nobody was watching then nothing ever happens...the COSMOS would not then exist without the perceiver : as all is phenomenon...both watcher and watched...
0 Replies

BaCaRdi

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 11:52 am
@Binyamin Tsadik,
Nope they don't...almost but just not quite there..hehe

Say about 284,792,458 miles a second, give or take some :/

-BaC

Binyamin Tsadik wrote:
Subatomic particles dont travel at the speed of light even if they are in a particle accelorator
BaCaRdi

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 11:54 am
@xris,
Your not totally correct here;

Atoms are on different time clocks, again light and time are linked to ones reality.

Light is a wake of energy, time is product of ones reality.

To your reality, can you not see the effects of these little guys?

Try this fantastic experiment;

Get a container of plan water, get a magnifier glass of some sorts. While you watch the container, sprinkle in some pollen, now watch the pollen dance. You just have seen the affect of reality, how are they here and not here, how can I see them jiggly if they are indeed faster or equal to the speed of light?

If they where faster, we wouldn't see anything, matter of fact we may even see them backwards. If they where equal, they wouldn't exist at all, but they do! You can see their work, per se.

Again you are using a product of reality to try and make sense of something other than that.

The Atom (though at one time as indivisible) even named as such. Whoops, not so indivisible anymore now is it? Again the reality change, so did the outcome of such.

The Atoms don't collide with each other, however they do collide with the pollen, making them vibrate, visibly!

-BaC

xris wrote:
Ive just looked on new scientist, i think you will find their reports on his work and Daniel Salart on quantum entanglement is not quite what you claim..atoms can communicate faster than light..
0 Replies

Icon

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 12:04 pm
@Aristoddler,
This is an interesting theory but I have a few questions.

First of all, light is a visible wave form which hangs in a balance of wave and particle states through Quantum entanglement. This is why light is affected by gravity. In a black hole, light cannot escape the massive concentration of W and Z boson reactions/Hawking radiation. This means that, though light is the fastest thing we have experienced, there is still faster elements out there which we have not.

Second, wave states are not affected by the passage of time. This means that particles which pass completely into a wave form do not interact with the quantum elements of the particle world. In this case, time does not exist or rather, has no effect. This would mean that time is, as all things, merely a method of measurement created to express our limited scope of things we experience such as movement of objects and sequential events. In other words, you can't have the cart before the horse unless you exist in a wave state in which the cart and the horse were both always there.

Third: Being that all things in a particle universe are relative, the speed of time is relative to all circumstances which your conscious state is involved. In other words, Light is traveling at the speed of light and your mind then has to take in the data, process it and spit out an observation which means that the speed of light which you experience is actually not even 1/4 the speed of light. So the speed of time is nothing more than the speed in which your mind can process data. Since we cannot convert matter to a wave form in our mind, we are restricted to the movement of particles in an enclosed space.

Light, information, the summation of the human experience is all moving at the speed of the average electron. However, if an electron is in a wave form, it can be instantaneously moved from one point to another even if the other point is clear across the universe. Thus, the speed of light is nothing more than the human experience of time through motion. Time itself is actually non-existant.

Got excited and forgot my questions... :sarcastic:
BaCaRdi

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 12:20 pm
@Icon,
Well said.

the LHC, has many tests, one being the quest for Higg's Boson / Higg's Field.

At this point it is a theory, however a very "probable" one. This particle and/or field is said to be the "god" particle of the quantum states. This/These particles or field would give mass to such allowing them to interact with matter.

It is said as such;

Newtonian physics are indeed valid to the observer, but only in the snapshot of ones reality.

Quantum Mechinics states;
In order to understand the quantum dynamics you must shed the reality security wrapper to make sence of such.

Case in point;

Bohr vs Einstein as they debate "God";

Borh states more or less that there is absolute probability that if you know physics and understand them enough you can predict say dice falling on what number.

Einstein's reply, "god" DOES NOT play dice!

Bohr's replies;

Stop telling "God: what to do with his dice!

Gives me chills just thinking about that! Man I wish I could have heard this debate for myself!

Einstein; Picture perfect man of clarity.

Bohr; His Thoughts came without prediction, and flowed the same. Most of the times "they" couldn't understand what he was trying to explain. But given "time" the world could see the beauty in it.

My thoughts on all of this, is;

If we didn't "believe" it on a collective scale, would it exist?

-BaC

Icon wrote:
This is an interesting theory but I have a few questions.

First of all, light is a visible wave form which hangs in a balance of wave and particle states through Quantum entanglement. This is why light is affected by gravity. In a black hole, light cannot escape the massive concentration of W and Z boson reactions/Hawking radiation. This means that, though light is the fastest thing we have experienced, there is still faster elements out there which we have not.

Second, wave states are not affected by the passage of time. This means that particles which pass completely into a wave form do not interact with the quantum elements of the particle world. In this case, time does not exist or rather, has no effect. This would mean that time is, as all things, merely a method of measurement created to express our limited scope of things we experience such as movement of objects and sequential events. In other words, you can't have the cart before the horse unless you exist in a wave state in which the cart and the horse were both always there.

Third: Being that all things in a particle universe are relative, the speed of time is relative to all circumstances which your conscious state is involved. In other words, Light is traveling at the speed of light and your mind then has to take in the data, process it and spit out an observation which means that the speed of light which you experience is actually not even 1/4 the speed of light. So the speed of time is nothing more than the speed in which your mind can process data. Since we cannot convert matter to a wave form in our mind, we are restricted to the movement of particles in an enclosed space.

Light, information, the summation of the human experience is all moving at the speed of the average electron. However, if an electron is in a wave form, it can be instantaneously moved from one point to another even if the other point is clear across the universe. Thus, the speed of light is nothing more than the human experience of time through motion. Time itself is actually non-existant.

Got excited and forgot my questions... :sarcastic:
0 Replies

Icon

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 12:35 pm
@Aristoddler,
Of course it would.

All things in the mind exist including those only seen by one or two people. The mind is the conduit for consciousness to interact with the physical world. We create our world as we see fit in conjuction with others.
BaCaRdi

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 12:47 pm
@Icon,
Not in my consciousness:P

Hehe you can only say what your consciousness is, not everyones.

Do you believe in collective consciousness?

Take fish a school of them;
A fishermen gets them entangled in a net, a blowout of some sorts happens in the net...

Now most of the fish are still huddled together, yet for some reason, one fish finds the hole. Well funny, all the fish now know where the hole is, it is now a reality for all the fish in the net, given some time;)

Take a fish out of water, you see it try and breath, it can't, why it's home is the waters of thy Mother Earth.
I can almost bet the water to the fish in invisible, yet their bodies know that something is not right. They can't breath!

Return them into their homes, and what happens? There reality returns and they are fine.

Keep the fish out of water for a given amount of time, and it consciousness dies?

We breath Air, to us it is invisible, however, there is indeed "something" there.

Dark-Matter;

Well, if it's not our homes we see what? Nothing, to use nothing is the absence of light. Something is the present of light. Yet we know that our sensors deceive us, all except one, the minds eye. We know there is indeed something there in nothingness, why because we can see the effects on reality.

Thoughts in the Buddhist realm, are the creators on ones reality. My "Thoughts" exactly!

If enough people believe, well it "must" be true then, and is now a product of ones reality.

I also believe in Steady-State, M-Theory, String-Theory, Super-Symmetry,in my own application of such of course :poke-eye:

-BaC

Icon wrote:
Of course it would.

All things in the mind exist including those only seen by one or two people. The mind is the conduit for consciousness to interact with the physical world. We create our world as we see fit in conjuction with others.
0 Replies

Icon

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 12:55 pm
@Aristoddler,
First let me say that I can only speak from my own experience of reality which is vastly different from yours. Second, it is necessary to have a sort of connections between all consciousness in the universe. I will refer you to my Quantum God theory posted in the Philosophy of religion- What is God/ Thread.

I would also like to state that try my best not to "believe" in anything. I prefer to understand things which i can and theorize things which I can't. Things which I cannot understand, I never take as real... Simply an idea, nothing more.

You like Buddhism but I prefer Taoism. You see, the Taoists had stated that all things in the universe are defined by something else which we decide. For instance, once someone determines what it is to be beautiful, grotesque is immediately defined as well. When you define something as good, evil become apparent. It is through the connection that we all share with all matter in the universe which allows us to interact. I don't believe in a collective consciousness but rather, a connection, on a quantum level, which allows us to define our own reality without collapsing it.
0 Replies

Binyamin Tsadik

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 01:27 pm
@BaCaRdi,
BaCaRdi wrote:

Time is coupled by your reality, just as light. Have you ever been in a moment of panic? Where time slowed, by adrenal release?

Your time has been affected, your "c"(constant) has just changed.

This is not time, this is perception of time. There is reality independant of perception.
Time is measured by periodic osscilations. Light is the fastest periodic osscilation. If you were to have light go back and forth between two points it would be the fastest periodic osscilation. This is the maximum speed of the universe (MUV). Time cannot go faster than light. That is what Einsteins Equations prove. For every frame of reference light travels the same speed but space stretches. So time changes based on speed because the relative light speed for both frames of reference are different. Time is directly proportional to that difference.