The Speed of Time.

Icon

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 09:18 pm
@Aristoddler,
Can you conceive of god? Does he exist?

Maybe, maybe not. But we have still given him a name and still attempt to conceive his perfection.
xris

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 08:43 am
@Icon,
Icon wrote:

Maybe, maybe not. But we have still given him a name and still attempt to conceive his perfection.
Its alot easier to conceive of a described god than it is our NOTHING...
0 Replies

Icon

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 08:53 am
@Aristoddler,
Funny... I don't even know where to begin to conceive a paradox like god.
xris

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 09:00 am
@Icon,
Icon wrote:
Funny... I don't even know where to begin to conceive a paradox like god.
what god? i can describe many because he is an illusion ..our nothing is a fact...
0 Replies

Icon

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 09:09 am
@Aristoddler,
My main point was the perfect god. Perfection is a paradox which is beyond me to comprehend. We still have a word for it. There is always a word for that which we need to relate.
0 Replies

Icon

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 09:10 am
@Aristoddler,
But again, we are getting into semantics.
0 Replies

Anthrobus

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 09:16 am
@Aristoddler,
We understand the PERFECT because we understand the IMPERFECT, and we understand GOD because we understand the DEVIL...but NOTHING we do not and cannot understand except as an absence of SOMETHING...its the SOMETHING that we understand and comprehend, not the NOTHING, but if GOD exists then so does the DEVIL, for they are opposites and SOMETHING, and if PERFECTION exists then so does IMPERFECTION, for they are opposites and SOMETHING...but NOTHING is not, and I repeat NOT, the opposite to SOMETHING...
Icon

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 10:27 am
@Anthrobus,
Anthrobus wrote:
We understand the PERFECT because we understand the IMPERFECT, and we understand GOD because we understand the DEVIL...but NOTHING we do not and cannot understand except as an absence of SOMETHING...its the SOMETHING that we understand and comprehend, not the NOTHING, but if GOD exists then so does the DEVIL, for they are opposites and SOMETHING, and if PERFECTION exists then so does IMPERFECTION, for they are opposites and SOMETHING...but NOTHING is not, and I repeat NOT, the opposite to SOMETHING...

Correct. Nothing is the opposite of Everything which is something we CAN conceive. :a-ok:
0 Replies

MJA

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 10:37 am
@Aristoddler,
Time was an absolute constant in the universe until last week when I was told to set my clock back One hour, now I find no certainty in time at all. The flaws of measure simply abound. Imagine life much more certainly or absolutely without it.

=
MJA
0 Replies

MJA

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 10:40 am
@Icon,
Icon wrote:
Can you conceive of god? quote]

I can, I see God equally in One or All!

=
MJA
xris

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 10:45 am
@Anthrobus,
I cant help saying nothing does not exist....I have tried to understand the singularity and i never know whether it is my thoughts or others...Mass as it increaes in size slows to the point of singularity when time could have started..it must have been very very slow... can we see slow from our perspective...maybe the universe was always here in its enormity it was always that much slower and slower the further you go back to its supposed origin...if time slows down by the the mass or the energy as they are both the same relative to the speed of light then can it be our value of time that becomes not nothing but just a damned slow.we can keep on giving it silly minute parts of second for ever and ever...is infinity just as small as it is large.. Nothing could have escaped from this singularity only its eventual explosion after endless relative time.....then it still gives the problem of what surrounded this singularity NOTHING...Sorry to be so sad at expressing my thoughts but i find the subject hard to put into words..
BaCaRdi

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 11:59 am
@MJA,
Amen, and yes I am a believer;)

-BaC
Icon wrote:
Can you conceive of god? quote]

I can, I see God equally in One or All!

=
MJA
0 Replies

BaCaRdi

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 12:00 pm
@Icon,
Are you trying to say something here my friend?
Just because you haven't found yours....don't doubt their are people who indeed have...

Can you see with your eye?

-Marc
Icon wrote:

0 Replies

BaCaRdi

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 12:06 pm
@xris,
Wait for the "Matter of things" post;P

Did you see the dual convergence?

Did you see the mass affect?

Where is the middle ground?

Membrane state?

The Galactic Foot-Print?

My Strings my branes...my theory..my way.....

A fractal plane of existence for sure:P
-BaC
xris wrote:
I cant help saying nothing does not exist....I have tried to understand the singularity and i never know whether it is my thoughts or others...Mass as it increaes in size slows to the point of singularity when time could have started..it must have been very very slow... can we see slow from our perspective...maybe the universe was always here in its enormity it was always that much slower and slower the further you go back to its supposed origin...if time slows down by the the mass or the energy as they are both the same relative to the speed of light then can it be our value of time that becomes not nothing but just a damned slow.we can keep on giving it silly minute parts of second for ever and ever...is infinity just as small as it is large.. Nothing could have escaped from this singularity only its eventual explosion after endless relative time.....then it still gives the problem of what surrounded this singularity NOTHING...Sorry to be so sad at expressing my thoughts but i find the subject hard to put into words..
0 Replies

Anthrobus

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 02:19 pm
@Aristoddler,
NOTHING IS NOT, and I repeat not, the OPPOSITE of EVERYTHING, and which would itself have to be SOMETHING, at least in the manner of an overall absolute SOMETHING...which would be EVERYTHING...
0 Replies

Icon

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 08:21 am
@Aristoddler,
I claimed it. It is imperative that all things have an opposite. Balancing forces. If they don't then things get out of array and go "splodey"

So tell me, since you seem to think you know everything about nothing... what is the opposite?
Anthrobus

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 11:15 am
@Icon,
Icon wrote:
I claimed it. It is imperative that all things have an opposite. Balancing forces. If they don't then things get out of array and go "splodey"

So tell me, since you seem to think you know everything about nothing... what is the opposite?
...all THINGS have an opposite...yes...but NOTHING is not a THING...therefore it does not have an OPPOSITE...what you term the NOTHING is, in fact, an PASSIVE mode of BEING, and what you term the SOMETHING is, in fact, an ACTIVE mode of BEING...therein lies your counter-balance...but the NOTHING and I mean the NOTHING...does not EXIST...has no OPPOSITE...it cannot ever be spoken of...EVER...
BaCaRdi

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 12:47 pm
@Anthrobus,
Nothing is indeed a thing my friend...have you not kept up?

Where there is nothing there is not only something their are googolplex.

Does the name googol sound similar to say google.com, get where they got it?

Time anyone?

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an off hand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way

Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but its sinking
And racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in the relative way, but youre older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death

Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the english way
The time is gone, the song is over, thought Id something more to say

Home, home again
I like to be here when I can
And when I come home cold and tired
Its good to warm my bones beside the fire
Far away across the field
The tolling of the iron bell
Calls the faithful to their knees
To hear the softly spoken magic spells.

-TRoN of the higher order...

My GoD ROCKS!

-Wacky BaCy..

Anthrobus wrote:
...all THINGS have an opposite...yes...but NOTHING is not a THING...therefore it does not have an OPPOSITE...what you term the NOTHING is, in fact, an PASSIVE mode of BEING, and what you term the SOMETHING is, in fact, an ACTIVE mode of BEING...therein lies your counter-balance...but the NOTHING and I mean the NOTHING...does not EXIST...has no OPPOSITE...it cannot ever be spoken of...EVER...
0 Replies

nameless

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 02:16 pm
@Anthrobus,
Anthrobus;32006 wrote:
...all THINGS have an opposite.

I think that it is error to consider the ultimate balance of the totality of the momentary universe to have anything to do with 'opposites'.
What is the opposite of an apple? A person? A sun?
"For every Perspective there is an equal and opposite Perspective." -Book of Fudd (1:2)
A Perspective is not a 'thing', it is the 'ground' whereon 'things' are manifested.
BaCaRdi

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 04:32 pm
@nameless,
Again nameless..this is science philosophy not pure philosophy..

An apple is of matter...and person is of matter..a sun if of matter..

My question is do you matter?

What the opposite of matter?

We call this Anti-Matter here..dark matter..etc

-TRoN

nameless wrote:
I think that it is error to consider the ultimate balance of the totality of the momentary universe to have anything to do with 'opposites'.
What is the opposite of an apple? A person? A sun?
"For every Perspective there is an equal and opposite Perspective." -Book of Fudd (1:2)
A Perspective is not a 'thing', it is the 'ground' whereon 'things' are manifested.
0 Replies