"Philosophical" by "nature",

Tick-Tock...Tick-Tock
-BaC
0 Replies

xris

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 03:38 am
@Anthrobus,
Anthrobus wrote:
If you can't conceive of NOTHING : how can you say NOTHING in order not to be able to conceive it...
because its not nothing...
0 Replies

BaCaRdi

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 03:43 am
@BaCaRdi,
OOOPS sorry about that meant;

284,792,458 Kilometers a second!
186,000 Miles a second!

Sorry for the confusion<--as if that is the only confusing bit.lol

-BaC

BaCaRdi wrote:
Nope they don't...almost but just not quite there..hehe

Say about 284,792,458 miles a second, give or take some :/

-BaC
0 Replies

Anthrobus

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 10:53 am
@Aristoddler,
If its not-not NOTHING then its SOMETHING, and we are not-not talking about SOMETHING...but that which can't be talked about cannot even be mentioned...
Icon

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 11:00 am
@Anthrobus,
Anthrobus wrote:
If its not-not NOTHING then its SOMETHING, and we are not-not talking about SOMETHING...but that which can't be talked about cannot even be mentioned...

We can concieve nothing as an idea which is why we are able to give it a name but we cannot view, imagine, visualize nothing for there is nothing there. When we discuss "nothing" we are discussing the idea in order to have a relative term for that which we cannot comprehend. The "something" is merely the idea which we have attached to "nothing".
BaCaRdi

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 01:48 pm
@Icon,
Well you can speak for yourself, ...thy cannot view nothing...

I sure can indeed!

-TRoN

Hehe well said otherwise.

Icon wrote:
We can concieve nothing as an idea which is why we are able to give it a name but we cannot view, imagine, visualize nothing for there is nothing there. When we discuss "nothing" we are discussing the idea in order to have a relative term for that which we cannot comprehend. The "something" is merely the idea which we have attached to "nothing".
0 Replies

xris

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 02:06 pm
@Icon,
Icon wrote:
I think you are realising my problem with nothing...every time i think i have compreheded THE nothing it slips away...
0 Replies

Icon

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 02:22 pm
@Aristoddler,
Oh no... I comprehend. I have comprehended. I was expounding on the issue. Clarifying my stance if you will. I can conceive of the idea. I just can't actually conceive nothing which is a condition of being something.
xris

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 02:25 pm
@Icon,
Icon wrote:
Oh no... I comprehend. I have comprehended. I was expounding on the issue. Clarifying my stance if you will. I can conceive of the idea. I just can't actually conceive nothing which is a condition of being something.
Well i hope tomorrow when that knowledge of nothing inhabits your mind you can be so certain you understand its enormity..Explain to me what this nothing is and Ill believe you...
0 Replies

Icon

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 02:31 pm
@Aristoddler,
Nothing is the absence of something. The idea of nothing is like I said, that place inbetween being awake and dreaming. No thoughts, no space, not time, blankness in the purest form. Absolute lack of anything. That is the idea. Nothing is something beyond my ability to comprehend but I can relate the idea to something which seems vacant of everything.
BaCaRdi

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 02:44 pm
@Icon,
Fully meditative state...

http://www.shamans-sf.org/images/shaman.jpg

Notice the depiction of the third eye being open?

http://www.allaahuakbar.net/image/hindu_temple_idol_worship.jpg

http://www.downtheoutside.com/USERIMAGES/DSCF5359.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/48/Buddha.jpg
-BaC http://www.themetaarts.com/images/finchlogo.jpg
DiversityIn Action....

Does the Crown Of Thorns become more clear my sons...Suffer no more Christ is at Hand......
-GoD

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/97/Christ_Carrying_the_Cross_1580.jpg

-TRoN <-the suffer is NO MORE my sons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @ Welcome to Phase-Shift my brother Obama GoDIs with you!

-The mad Professor Of GOD.............

I enlightened THY!

Diversity IN ACTION .........

Icon wrote:
Nothing is the absence of something. The idea of nothing is like I said, that place inbetween being awake and dreaming. No thoughts, no space, not time, blankness in the purest form. Absolute lack of anything. That is the idea. Nothing is something beyond my ability to comprehend but I can relate the idea to something which seems vacant of everything.
xris

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 02:57 pm
@BaCaRdi,
Now whats even harder we have no time...no time...no time before the BB but no time is no time at all so our nothing in no time did never exist..we never had nothing because we had no time to have nothing...so our universe is it..there never was nothing because we never had time before the BB...bleeding mind boggling...The singularity was the first event ever it started time and the concept of nothing disappears..now do understand if you think you understand nothing you dont...God was the word and the word was god..
BaCaRdi

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 02:59 pm
@xris,
Who are you to quote GoD?

I believe you should include a definition of such before we enter this realm..

Meditation is a mental discipline by which one attempts to get beyond the conditioned, "thinking" mind into a deeper state of relaxation or awareness. Meditation often involves turning attention to a single point of reference.<--hummm what might this "Single Point" be?

**Source above**
-BaC

Fear is the Mind Killer....
I fear no man...
http://www.howardliu.com/catalog/images/access/belts.jpg

-Wu Li
Where there was white..there is _ _ _ _ _

Welcome to the disciplines...
http://www.chrissaas.com/michelle/images/eye_ying_yang.jpg

From your two eyes you see one......

I bow to the Wu-Li Masters...You have my soul my fathers...

-TRoN
xris wrote:
Now whats even harder we have no time...no time...no time before the BB but no time is no time at all so our nothing in no time did never exist..we never had nothing because we had no time to have nothing...so our universe is it..there never was nothing because we never had time before the BB...bleeding mind boggling...The singularity was the first event ever it started time and the concept of nothing disappears..now do understand if you think you understand nothing you dont...God was the word and the word was god..
xris

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 03:43 pm
@BaCaRdi,
playing the mystic again to hide your true intentions...i have not time for this frivolity...i will leave you to your pretty pictures..
0 Replies

BaCaRdi

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 03:46 pm
@Aristoddler,
Your not worthy, you try to shortcut the obviousness...you will NOT reach ENLIGHTENMENT there for I pity your soul..

-Marc
If you where here I would show you what I know...Take it how you want...

I fear NO MAN...

Diversity In Action...Poetic in Motion....

鬼抜
-TRoN
0 Replies

Anthrobus

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 03:52 pm
@Icon,
Icon wrote:
You are entering into dark territory here, and one full of holes: we cannot give a name to something that we cannot imagine, or visualise, or view, or any other such. It cannot therefore be an idea, and nor can we conceive of it as such, nor can there ever be a relative term for that which does not exist, and which we cannot comprehend, our comprehension would be absolute, but that absolute comprehension, would not have any bearing on 'NOTHING' : as I said dark territory and mistaken. Do not say that by 'NOTHING' you mean 'SOMETHING' , for if you mean 'SOMETHING', then speak it as such...
BaCaRdi

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 04:09 pm
@Anthrobus,
HAHA full of holes..dark territory.. love it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oops did he get that one????

My Bad...
-Wascally Rabbit...

One up..

Guess what Zen and the art of Motorcycle Maintenance is not about fixing motorcycles. <--ohh yes I can do that too by-the-way.

-TRoN
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Anthrobus wrote:
You are entering into dark territory here, and one full of holes: we cannot give a name to something that we cannot imagine, or visualise, or view, or any other such. It cannot therefore be an idea, and nor can we conceive of it as such, nor can there ever be a relative term for that which does not exist, and which we cannot comprehend, our comprehension would be absolute, but that absolute comprehension, would not have any bearing on 'NOTHING' : as I said dark territory and mistaken. Do not say that by 'NOTHING' you mean 'SOMETHING' , for if you mean 'SOMETHING', then speak it as such...
0 Replies

BaCaRdi

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 04:17 pm
@Aristoddler,
Welcome to Philosophy;

I understand ...You read...

- Row Row Row your boat,gently down the stream, Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream dream...

-TRoN
Where are your bounds?

In Time my Sons!

-Marc
Diversity In Action......
0 Replies

BaCaRdi

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 05:00 pm
@Aristoddler,
Fellow of the Cloth..Science by nature...

Breath!
-Marc

Oh, tonight began with anything.
Shaft of a light. A warm breath and a scream.
Ah, yeah.
Oh, tamper if you like between the doors.
Oh yeah. Huh. Huh.
Oh, can't expect to go out, to go out with anything, anything more.

Oh reach the door. A breath and a...
Oh reach the door. And a la la la la yeah.
Life ain't what it's worth.
A breath and a... Oh reach the door.

All these reaching hands out grabbing things. Grabbing me.
Day in day out accumulating. Ah yeah.
Whoa. I suggest you step out on your porch.
Oh yeah. Huh. huh. Huh huh, yeah.
Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.

Oh reach the door. A breath and a...
Oh reach the door. Oha and a la la la la yeah.
Life ain't what it's worth.
A breath and a... Oh reach the door.

Come. Here it comes. There it goes. When it comes.
Where it goes. Where it comes.
Can't see through the faith. Woah.
Ooh. Come. Here it comes. There it goes.
Grasp what you can.
Don't you know there's something inside your head, yeah.

Oh, if I knew where it was I would take you there but there's much more
than this.
Ooh. Whoa, much more than this. Woh see the world. Much more than...
Oh, much more than. Why?

-TRoN Poet in motion......
Oha and a la la la la yeah.

0 Replies

BaCaRdi

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 06:50 pm
@Aristoddler,
Next lesson...

Convergence

Sneak Peak To Those that Dare!

-BaC
0 Replies