The Speed of Time.

BaCaRdi

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 05:13 pm
@Aristoddler,
Ask the proper questions..lmfao<-- sound similar??

-A. Einstein
0 Replies

BaCaRdi

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 05:14 pm
@Aristoddler,
I am sorry I didn't see one in your post...I usually indicate such with a "?" an phrase it like a big boy:P

-Dad
0 Replies

Anthrobus

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 05:16 pm
@Aristoddler,
??????? Hope that helps...
BaCaRdi

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 05:17 pm
@Anthrobus,
What are you asking..Is life an illusion?

Welcome to purgatory..Have you suffered for "you" sins?

Judgment day approaches us my "sons"...

-GoD
I would "think" "thy" would be able to use a computer.....

-BaC
Welcome to the "Di Vinci "Code" My "Style"....

-Mark

-All thy above thy "lord".....have mercy on our "sins"... The message is that of a "clear" one....
-TR"o"N<---mmmmm I love "Pi"

Anthrobus wrote:
??????? Hope that helps...
0 Replies

Anthrobus

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 05:47 pm
@Aristoddler,
At what time is it neither a wave or a particle : when it is at REST...ABSOLUTE...hope that helps...
BaCaRdi

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 08:38 pm
@Anthrobus,
Thank you for seeing with out eyes my son....

When it is thy pure of will alone...

-Marc
Your very wise indeed...is it by sheep's clothing or without...

Anthrobus wrote:
At what time is it neither a wave or a particle : when it is at REST...ABSOLUTE...hope that helps...
0 Replies

BaCaRdi

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 08:44 pm
@Aristoddler,
My question to "your" is;

Are the "vision"s becoming more "clear" with "time"?

-BaC
Yes to the above..crypto checksum Razz
0 Replies

Aristoddler

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 08:35 am
@Aristoddler,
Sometimes, keeping terms simple for the sake of a clear and rational discussion is important, so we don't digress into whether or not anything exists. If you boil down any topic, you can always come to the same conclusion that it's all subjective...but that's not what the original question is about.

A wave - illustrated as a physical representation of an inconsistent form of movement - as illustrated before.

We could argue semantics until we're all blue in the face, but the only thing it will succeed in doing, is driving us further away from the topic at hand.

Space can contain mass, therefore it is objective.
Time cannot contain mass, therefore it is subjective.
0 Replies

Anthrobus

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 01:44 pm
@Aristoddler,
Space can contain mass, therefore it is objective : is this true?
Time cannot contain mass, therefore it is subjective : is this true?
xris

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 02:22 pm
@Anthrobus,
Is this a fairground ride...time is only present when we have mass...no effects no mass no time...
BaCaRdi

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 03:27 pm
@xris,
Exactly right....

Smile

Step right up....test your strength .....hehehe

-BaC
xris wrote:
Is this a fairground ride...time is only present when we have mass...no effects no mass no time...
0 Replies

Anthrobus

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 06:18 pm
@Aristoddler,
You have placed TIME [subjective] as a pre-condition of SPACE [objective] : how can that be so?
BaCaRdi

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 07:22 pm
@Anthrobus,
"Philosophy" is that of being able to read between the lines...Don't read the words...Understand them..... "Words" are "Variables" of "form" of "Communication"..It's also the "Weakness" of such...

-Di Vinci
Anthrobus wrote:
You have placed TIME[subjective]as a pre-condition of SPACE [objective] : how can that be so?
Icon

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 10:33 pm
@BaCaRdi,
I have put a great deal of reading into this subject this weekend. Let me re-express my views on time in a different way.

Time, as we call it, is nothing more than the observation of motion throughout the universe. The earth in relation to the sun. The rotation in relation to the suns location is day and night. The movement through a complete orbit is a year.

Let us suppose that particles, for some reason, stopped moving. Time, as we know it, would stop. Cease to be. Even though the particles are still present and still exist, no measure of time can be found. So when we speak of time, we are speaking of an observation.

Now, let us suppose that the earth rotation were increased and that its orbit was also expedited. Time would then alter to move much more quickly, directly related to increase in the speed of particles.

Time, thought it has proven to be an accurate description of the pattern held by common particles, cannot ever be considered a constant, nor can it be considered accurate. In this case, the speed of time is completely subjective to the view of the observer.

Let us suppose that the motion of particles as we know it does not change but the rate at which we are able to conceive it does. In this way, time would seem to be moving faster or slower according to how we perceive it.

The speed of time is limited to the speed of perception which, at this point, is the speed of light. But suppose we were able to find a way to augment the human mind or even evolve to perceive things in a wave form. If we were able to accomplish this, time would no longer hold value or validity. Time does not move and so time does not have a speed. We interact and so time is limited by our perception of motion.

Tell me, would time be of any concern if we did not need sleep and could travel at the speed of wave forms which hold not intrinsic time value?

Would time be necessary if we no longer observed things in a particle universe but rather, understood and could see all matter in whatever form?

Of course it would not. Because, if this were true, we would no longer be limited to the 3 or 4 dimensional universe (depending on which model you follow).

Final summation, time travels at the speed of perception.
0 Replies

Anthrobus

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 05:29 am
@Aristoddler,
Let us suppose that particles, for some reason, stopped moving. Time, as we know it, would stop. Cease to be. Even though the particles are still present and still exist...If Time ceased to exist then under no circumstances would anything be present : the comes to be depends upon the existence of the coming to be, and the coming to be depends upon the existence of the comes to be : the comes to be is the present, whereas the coming to be are the past or future. So what you said is not true...the particles could or would not exist if time ceased to exist...
Icon

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 06:33 am
@Anthrobus,
No.... The particles themselves would exist there would simply be no perception of them. Besides, in that post above, that was the ONLY thing you could pull out? Was that the only thing you read? Did you find a fault and stop on it or did you read the whole thing?

Besides, that was completely hypothetical seeing as there is currently no way to freeze every particle in place.

As a creature we are limited to our perception of reality but in all honesty, is it so hard to think outside the box? Perception is not even the halfway point to understanding the universe and yet, it is all we have. There is much much more out there which our minds cannot even fathom. Entirely new planes of existence, new physics, new knowledge which is constantly being created and destroyed. Time is of absolutely no concern to the universe because the universe is infinite. So really, time is nothing more than a concept that we have created to attempt to create a constant in a rather unstable and unconstant universe. We needed something to measure it by so we created it.
xris

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 06:55 am
@Icon,
Icon wrote:
No.... The particles themselves would exist there would simply be no perception of them. Besides, in that post above, that was the ONLY thing you could pull out? Was that the only thing you read? Did you find a fault and stop on it or did you read the whole thing?

Besides, that was completely hypothetical seeing as there is currently no way to freeze every particle in place.

As a creature we are limited to our perception of reality but in all honesty, is it so hard to think outside the box? Perception is not even the halfway point to understanding the universe and yet, it is all we have. There is much much more out there which our minds cannot even fathom. Entirely new planes of existence, new physics, new knowledge which is constantly being created and destroyed. Time is of absolutely no concern to the universe because the universe is infinite. So really, time is nothing more than a concept that we have created to attempt to create a constant in a rather unstable and unconstant universe. We needed something to measure it by so we created it.
Sorry but we are creatures of time..It is our master we can not change time...we do conceive time diferently when our attention to its focused or distracted but time ticks away just the same.....Imagining a place or existance where time is not relevant must be an ethereal condition like heaven...
0 Replies

Icon

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 07:34 am
@Aristoddler,
Possibly. Because I have not been in a place without time, I cannot say. I can say that, through meditation, I have eliminated the effect of time on my perception for brief periods and in those moments it felt as if I could touch the stars without even lifting a finger, but I can only imagine what it would be like were time not to exist.

My point is that we are limited creatures and so we define our limits with things such as time and physics. This thread is not discussing the existence of tie but rather the speed in which it travels. Some say that time moves at the speed of light. I would think that time, being man made, travels at the speed of perception. After all, if we were not here to perceive time, would time exist?
Steerpike

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 07:51 am
@Aristoddler,
Time is a non-spatial dimension. Speed is a measurement of distance/time. The question of speed of time then is circular. However, if viewed as a dimension, then one can inquire as to "quantity" or "amount."

Time did have a beginning, it is not infinite in backwards progression. As it is also a dimension, it may not have infinite forward progression.

If there is sufficient mass to close the universe, then the temporal dimension will contract with the spatial dimensions when the expanding universe stops expanding and starts to collapse in on itself. It may even go back to zero as it was at the point of Big Bang.

If the universe, however, lacks sufficient mass to halt and reverse the expansion, then time may expand with it indefinitely. If one wants to know the "speed of time" or "quantity or amount" of time, then it would be related to the expansion of the universe.
xris

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 07:54 am
@Icon,
Icon wrote:
Possibly. Because I have not been in a place without time, I cannot say. I can say that, through meditation, I have eliminated the effect of time on my perception for brief periods and in those moments it felt as if I could touch the stars without even lifting a finger, but I can only imagine what it would be like were time not to exist.

My point is that we are limited creatures and so we define our limits with things such as time and physics. This thread is not discussing the existence of tie but rather the speed in which it travels. Some say that time moves at the speed of light. I would think that time, being man made, travels at the speed of perception. After all, if we were not here to perceive time, would time exist?
Im a simple man with little time...for the speed of light, as i told someone else, light is not the fastest thing we know so is time slower than atomic communication??I live by the bodily clock the rythms of nature..i need time to tell me when i should do something or not do it..Ive tried the tricks with time but my reality is here and now ...what happens to time for other people its their time not mine...