msolga

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 04:19 am
@Francis,
Ah.

But you probably had good reason. Wink
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 05:28 am
Just promise us you'll keep the fruit to a minimum.
Nobody needs a Fruity Lexia.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 06:30 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Quote:
how do you milk a rice?

It's not at all easy, I can tell you, farmer
It takes years of practice to get it right.
But it's well worth the effort! Very Happy

Rice isn't mammal. Cannot be milked. Process is more like that used by ants to persuade aphids to give up their honeydew.

You stroke the rices' bellies with your antennae.
http://www.wildliferanger.co.uk/users/www.wildliferanger.co.uk/upload/Ant%20Milking%20Aphids%20016%20134.JPG
http://www.pbase.com/antjes/image/112085472.jpg

Ionus

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 06:44 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Quote:
How do you "milk" a rice ???
U sit on a very small stool.
As usual big bad Dave, you have cut right to the important bit. Wait...when you say a stool....you mean a three legged seat right ? Not the other kind ?
farmerman

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 07:14 am
@dlowan,
I picture vast herds of rices grazing freely until milking time when we must all stroke them with our antennae to coax the rice milk from where?

Im thinking of grazing some rice on some unused pasture. Are rices easy to handle in a small farm?
dadpad

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 07:22 am
Quote:
Are rices easy to handle in a small farm?

wild rice can a bit of a handfull. for the more domestcated varieties you will need a high level of irrigation infrastructure,
farmerman

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 07:53 am
@dadpad,
what about fencing and feedrequirements? Do they handle predators . What about freshening your rices? Are rice bulls expensive?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 08:16 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
to coax the rice milk from where?

Looks like their arses from the photos.
farmerman

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 08:30 am
@dlowan,
remind me never to send you out to the barn to milk a cow.
dlowan

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 08:31 am
@farmerman,
I KNOW how to milk a cow.

Like I said, rice aren't goddam mammals.
farmerman

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 08:39 am
@dlowan,
you must learn to chill out miss rabbit. If you continue in these senseless temper outbursts and rants (for which Im seeing a noticeable increase from the antipodes around here) I shall have to put you on "dairy ignore".

Breathe In.......Breathe out ......(continue routine, seven dots between inhale and exhale)
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 10:20 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
Quote:
How do you "milk" a rice ???
U sit on a very small stool.
As usual big bad Dave, you have cut right to the important bit. Wait...when you say a stool....
you mean a three legged seat right ? Not the other kind ?
In a spirit of liberalism, I can accept the 4 legged kind.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 10:45 am
@dyslexia,
Be glad that no one told the lady Di about macrobiotic diets. (Shhh........) Believe me, rice milk is much better than seaweed!
dyslexia

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 01:27 pm
@Phoenix32890,
the center of Lady Diane's diet is t-bone steak, prime rib and rack of lamb. fried chicken and broiled salmon are her side dishes.
farmerman

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 01:35 pm
@dyslexia,
what, NO BACON?
dyslexia

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 01:44 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

what, NO BACON?
yeah she eats bacon but I don't count it because she likes if "crisp". "crisp" bacon as it is known in the USA is actually bacon which as been charcoalized. I personally don't consider "crisp" bacon as a food item except when it's been shattered into tiny little bits and spread on a salad.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 05:12 pm
I can handle most topics but when people start talking about NO BACON I find I have reached my tolerance level. This thread is just deeply disturbing.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 05:57 pm
@dyslexia,
Quote:
I forgot to include an addition cause of my death as the californians who migrated to new mexico, colorado, idaho, montana, arizona and nevada to escape the loony-tunes of california and brought loon-tune logic with them.

you left out Washington state... woot I'm on my way to save you
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 06:21 pm
so last evening just the three of us. son of Diane cooks a stew, a vegan or something stew with kumquats, black beans, brown sugar, carrots and poly-unsaturated ghee. they each have a bowl full yum yum yum they say. I have a spam and velveeta on white bread sammach and a coke. the telly is on and this ad comes up, it's a ad for some medication. Towards the end of the 30 sec ad several possible side-effects are mentioned; dizziness/nausuea/head ache and (get this) "fatal events." I'm cracking up, spitting spam and coke coming out me nose and lady Diane and son just stare at me. "fatal events" I say loudly a side effect of this drug are "fatal events."
btw the medication is for the treatment of osteoporosis. Yes you can talk to your doc about taking ***** for your osteoporosis and only risk having a "fatal event." what's that they say about risk/benefit analysis? I may start using rice milk in my coffee and consider moving to Oxnard California.