why are usa people ignorant?

georgeob1

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 02:58 pm
@panzade,
Yes, and it is entirely accurate as well.
panzade

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 03:01 pm
@georgeob1,
Did anybody ever teach you how to accept a compliment?
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 03:12 pm
@eoe,
eoe wrote:

Francis wrote:

I didn't know what Hamy was referring to till I saw this:

H2O Man wrote:
Yep, Obamabots are proud of their personal stupidity and the stupidity of the administration they have empowered to rule over them.

Very Happy
There's your ignorant for ya!

There's an Obamabot for ya!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 03:14 pm
i'd like to address ignorant as in unknowing, not obnoxious, using OSD as a case in point, in a conversation with ceili (sp?) he asked her what MB meant, it's the abbreviation for Manitoba, i'm pretty sure that i could identify all the abbreviations for all 50 US states, and you guys only have to know 10 (and 2 territories)
georgeob1

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 03:14 pm
@panzade,
Yes. I apologize for my lack of grace.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 03:17 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

... i'm pretty sure that i could identify all the abbreviations for all 50 US states, and you guys only have to know 10 (and 2 territories)

That's better than Obama can do... wasn't it 57 states that he thought comprised the US?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 06:25 pm
@djjd62,
Quote:
ignorant as in unknowing, not obnoxious,

This is the gist of it deej. Why is this so?
JTT

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 06:55 pm
@panzade,
Quote:
This is the gist of it deej. Why is this so?

When you are constantly told that you are the center of the universe, that god wrote the constitution, that America is god's country, that you can spit farther and cuss louder than anyone on the planet, when politicians end every breath they take with 'god bless this great nation', even thinking people get a little confused, Pan.
Ceili

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 07:47 pm
@djjd62,
Did I miss something, I don't remember this at all....
maporsche

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 07:55 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

i'd like to address ignorant as in unknowing, not obnoxious

I was ASKED plainoldme if she was ignorant on a particular issue. She took great offense, although to your point, being ignorant about something is not insulting.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 04:56 am
@Ceili,
i'm pretty sure it was you who used the abbreviation MB in a post, i think in a healthcare discussion, and OSD replied to it asking what MB was, it was one of those weird posts where dave asks a question out of the blue about something unrelated to the topic (you can get him to do the same thing if you use too many british euphemisms in a post, trying to find the post but not having any luck

i thought about starting a topic on it at the time and didn't, wish i had
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 06:16 am
@JTT,
Quote:
When you are constantly told that you are the center of the universe,

I see what you're getting at JTT, but I wonder who is telling us that?
Ticomaya

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 11:18 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
i'd like to address ignorant as in unknowing, not obnoxious, using OSD as a case in point, in a conversation with ceili (sp?) he asked her what MB meant, it's the abbreviation for Manitoba, i'm pretty sure that i could identify all the abbreviations for all 50 US states, and you guys only have to know 10 (and 2 territories)

Manitoba ... isn't that some sort of sea creature?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 11:21 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

Have to? You forgot the main difference: nobody gives a **** about Canada, so there's no reason to know all the provinces or whatever you have up there.

Cycloptichorn
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 11:30 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

You forgot the main difference: nobody gives a **** about Canada...

That's not true.
djjd62

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 11:31 am
@H2O MAN,
well, it's mostly true for canadians
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 11:32 am
@djjd62,
Hah! Touche, sir.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 11:40 am
it might just be where i grew up (less than an hour from the detroit border), that i'm more aware of america than other canadians (and to be honest, i'm not sure of how aware other canadians are, i mean we know it exists), but once when i was a teenager (mid 70's) i'm talking with a group of kids while in michigan, and i mention that my mother was going to london for the weekend, and they were amazed that she was going to england for the weekend, now london is also a small ontario city about 2 hours from the detroit border, we were having this discussion in a small michigan city about the same distance from the detroit border, and none of these kids knew this place existed, i found that odd
engineer

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 11:48 am
@djjd62,
But they all knew there was a London in England, didn't they?
djjd62

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 11:58 am
@engineer,
yes, i suppose that's something
0 Replies