why are usa people ignorant?

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 07:58 am
@MontereyJack,
Bronze hamy?! Who has the money to buy the bronzing material in the first place?! Try toilet paper. It's cheaper then bronze and it's recyclable.

Though since she's a flaming troll, she just might ignite the paper cocoon and spontaneously combust.
Setanta

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 08:23 am
Quote:
why are usa people ignorant

You mean as opposed to embarrassingly stupid, like you?

I'd say we do just to piss you off . . . and it works, too, apparently.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 09:29 am
The funny part is Hamy posted at 2:00 in the morning and expected a rapid response. I guess they don't understand time zones here she lives.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 09:38 am
@hamy,
"Ironically and tragically, if you want people to respond to what you say, say something outrageously negative," says Clifford Nass, a communications professor at Stanford University.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=126782677
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 09:38 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:
Though since she's a flaming troll, she just might ignite the paper cocoon and spontaneously combust.
That would be a shame.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 01:11 pm
It's not so much that they are proud of the ignorance that exists, for whatever measure does exist. It's that they have had their collective ego stroked for so long and in such an extravagant and salacious fashion that "they" just appear ignorant.

The term 'ugly American' didn't just appear out of thin air.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 01:59 pm
@msolga,
Quote:
You can't lump ALL people from any one country as being ANY one thing.

Damned with faint praise! Wink
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 03:39 pm
@hamy,
hamy wrote:
why are usa people loosing their country and seem to be proud of their stupidity? just a question.

Why can't hamy spell words correctly or use proper capitalization?
JTT

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 04:56 pm
@Ticomaya,
Quote:
Why can't hamy spell words correctly or use proper capitalization?

Speaking of ignorant Americans, guess who pops up.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 10:02 am
@hamy,
Sorry I can't I'm too stupid.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 02:23 pm
@hamy,
hamy wrote:

why are usa people loosing their country and seem to be proud of their stupidity? just a question.

Yep, Obamabots are proud of their personal stupidity and the stupidity of the
administration they have empowered to rule over them. Very sad, but true.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 02:32 pm
I didn't know what Hamy was referring to till I saw this:

H2O Man wrote:
Yep, Obamabots are proud of their personal stupidity and the stupidity of the administration they have empowered to rule over them.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 02:37 pm
@Francis,
And now you know.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 02:39 pm
@hamy,
hamy wrote:
pearl harbour introduced the usa 2 years late in ww2.

Yes and we were "three years late" (by your measure) getting into WWI as well. Both actions were mistakes. We had no interest whatever in who won the struggle for dominance in Europe early in the 20th century, and the underlying competition for colonies and expanded empire that was behind it all.

One of the many unhappy results of WWI was Britain's use of Japan to (as they imagined it) have the Japanese Navy take the German island colonies in the Pacific and help suppress German naval operations there. This was done despite contemporary U.S. objections. The result was the start of the Japanese Pacific Empire that later took Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaya from Britain and attacked us at Pearl Harbor.

Another unhappy direct result of British & French colonial campaigns in WWI was the destabliizing of the Islamic world and the development of Islamist fanaticism there. We are still dealing with that mess.

Vietnam was in part our own mistake. After defeating Japan and negotiating the removal of their army from Vietnam we should have prevented the French colonial masters from returning. However we were distracted by concerns with the Soviet Union and the then ongoing struggle in China, as well as political struggles between left and right in France.

Perhaps I have lost sight of the theme of this thread. Was it "why are Europeans so greedy, ignorant and hypocritical or was it .....
Sglass

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 02:40 pm
and where might you be from Hamy, or have you done a hit and run and we won't hear from you again?
talk72000

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 02:44 pm
@Sglass,
Could be a sting operation by the right wing to create anger towards outsiders.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 02:48 pm
@talk72000,
Could be part of a vast left wing conspiracy.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 02:49 pm
@georgeob1,
I wonder why you are assuming that Hamy is an European. I'm quite sure he/she isn't..
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 02:50 pm
@Francis,
Francis wrote:

I didn't know what Hamy was referring to till I saw this:

H2O Man wrote:
Yep, Obamabots are proud of their personal stupidity and the stupidity of the administration they have empowered to rule over them.

Very Happy
There's your ignorant for ya!
panzade

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 02:50 pm
@georgeob1,
That was one pretty good summation of European colonial aggression screwing up the whole world for a century or 2, george.