OmSigDAVID
 
  0  
Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 03:57 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:
Agree away!
If u say so.

plainoldme wrote:
I recognize Ayn for what she is, a rather sadistic and deluded nut case.
I just wish her partner in crime had been someone other than Rose Wilder Lane.
Nathaniel Branden?
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  -1  
Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 04:06 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:
Actually, no one needs a gun.
When I was attacked by robbers, the mere SIGHT of a gun
caused the robbers to flee, post haste.



plainoldme wrote:
I have never needed one. I have never known anyone who owns a gun . . . I have met
some people but that is not knowing them.
I did not have LESS need of personal defense from robbers because of your not knowing me.

plainoldme wrote:
I just can not understand the importance you attach to gun ownership.
1. Self-defense
and
2. it promotes a spirit of INdividualism, against collectivism.

plainoldme wrote:
It seems silly and at least a century out of date.
People will always need to defend themselves.
If u don 't know that, u may be mentally impaired.





David
plainoldme
 
  1  
Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 04:46 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Snore
0 Replies
 
plainoldme
 
  1  
Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 04:47 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Wow! I am a small woman who was a welfare case worker in Detroit and who went to graduate school at night in Detroit and I never felt the need for protection.
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 04:59 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:
Wow! I am a small woman who was a welfare case worker in Detroit
and who went to graduate school at night in Detroit
and I never felt the need for protection.
Do your emotions -- what u FELT-- prove anything, PLain?





David
farmerman
 
  2  
Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 05:13 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Ownership and carrying guns is a matter of chance that you(the armed) will not be shot by another gun toter.

Once you display your gun you lose moast possibilities to de-fuse the situation. Brandishing a gun may mwrely turn it into a quik draw contest. There was such an occurence in Philly several years ago when 2 guys started shooting at each other from moving cars. (One died, the others life was also terminated for all intents).

Gun deaths in Philly are a weekend occurence among similarly armed gang bangers. (Maybe "thinning the herd" isnt a bad idea as long as collaterals are kept low).

Your arguments FOR carrying are neither satisfying nor compelling DAve. Even though Im a gun owner and am proficient in use of many kinds. I dont feel I have to take my guns outside unless Im
1hunting

2 target shooting.

I dont endorse gun carry as a means of protection because everyone can snap and shoot someone that rubs em the wrong way, and it only became an option because a gun was available.

What ever happened to debate? or just surrendering the50 bucks ?
I have a very good Tag Heuer watch. I dont wear it when going out even though its not recognized like a rollex. ANybody who wears their googaws in public is either
1ignorant of the realities

2trying to create a situation in which they can draw their weapon.

3nutz



OmSigDAVID
 
  0  
Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 06:12 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Ownership and carrying guns is a matter of chance that you
(the armed) will not be shot by another gun toter.
"toter"? Seems like an odd word.

Unarmed people are not shot?





farmerman wrote:
Once you display your gun you lose moast possibilities to de-fuse the situation.
The last time it happened to ME,
I 'd already been shot at. I imagine that u suggest docile surrender.
Not THIS American. I will not give myself into the discretion of a violent predator.
I 'll prefer to make my own decisions.




farmerman wrote:
Brandishing a gun may mwrely turn it into a quik draw contest.
Most robbers are cowards, who flee when threatened with counterviolence.
A predatory emergency is a contest of power.






farmerman wrote:
There was such an occurence in Philly several years ago when 2 guys started shooting
at each other from moving cars. (One died, the others life was also terminated for all intents).
Criminals cannot be controlled.



farmerman wrote:
Gun deaths in Philly are a weekend occurence among similarly armed gang bangers.
(Maybe "thinning the herd" isnt a bad idea as long as collaterals are kept low).
See above.



farmerman wrote:
Your arguments FOR carrying are neither satisfying nor compelling DAve.
MY survival is MY responsibility.
If I am involved in another predatory emergency
it will not likely do much good to tell the predator your opinion
of my arguments, nor to mention the police.

Quote:
Even though Im a gun owner and am proficient in use of many kinds.
I dont feel I have to take my guns outside
Will what u FEEL determine whether whether u r safe
from the depredations of man or beast?? U r immune from surprize ?




farmerman wrote:
I dont endorse gun carry as a means of protection because everyone can snap
and shoot someone that rubs em the wrong way,
and it only became an option because a gun was available.
Yeah, that's Y Alex the Great did not kill his friend, Clitus, because there was no gun around, right?
Complete gun freedom has been available since always in Vermont;
it has never had the problems that u mention and it is CONSISTENTLY among
the very safest of States with LEAST violent crime each year by FBI statistics.




farmerman wrote:
What ever happened to debate?
OK, if a robber or a cougar besets u, challenge him to a debate.



farmerman wrote:
or just surrendering the50 bucks ?
Give him YOUR $50, not mine.
Note, incidentally, that too many victims have been slain
for the fun of it, and to prevent complaints to police, AFTER
thay implimented your philosophy of surrender.
(I don 't imagine that u r related to Neville Chamberlain, right? Nah.)





farmerman wrote:
I have a very good Tag Heuer watch.
I dont wear it when going out even though its not recognized like a rollex.
ANybody who wears their googaws in public is either
I don 't wear flashy jewelry.
0 Replies
 
plainoldme
 
  0  
Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 07:32 am
@OmSigDAVID,
What emotions? Was I ever afraid visiting welfare recipients? There was a white family whose house reeked so that I refused to sit on their sofa. Was I afraid walking to my car at night? The only time was when a squad car pulled over and the two cops hit on me . . .i.e., made sexual overtures toward me.

I think you can not comprehend living without fear.
OmSigDAVID
 
  0  
Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 10:47 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:
What emotions? Was I ever afraid visiting welfare recipients? There was a white family whose house reeked so that I refused to sit on their sofa. Was I afraid walking to my car at night? The only time was when a squad car pulled over and the two cops hit on me . . .i.e., made sexual overtures toward me.

I think you can not comprehend living without fear.
I live in tranquility.





David
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/16/2019 at 04:25:46