Baaaad Sinus Infection

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 07:51 am
Ugh. This one is bad. The entire right side of my face is sore and swollen. Thank god I hit the doctors office yesterday and got some antibiotics. I can finally open my mouth all the way but this morning, my jaw was so swollen it was really hard to do. Damn.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 983 • Replies: 8
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 07:55 am
@Bella Dea,
Little k is gonna come along in a minute and convert you to the neti pot, you poor little thing.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 07:58 am
I know, I know. I've tried them before, but after I was already sick so it was useless because I get so swollen and the water doesn't go anywhere. I should use it regularly to avoid getting these, since I am prone to them.
jespah

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 09:30 am
@Bella Dea,
Owie. Naught to offer but sympathy -- those truly suck.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 13 May, 2010 07:12 am
Damn. I don't think I've ever had a sinus infection this bad before. It is still causing me pain! Ugh. I was swollen again this morning when I woke up. Not as bad but I could still tell. Jeeze.

What kind of mutant bacteria got into my face??
sozobe

Reply Thu 13 May, 2010 08:02 am
@Bella Dea,
I'm not littlek but I encourage use of neti pot (or saline solution with a nasal aspirator) anyway. Even if it doesn't get stuff out right away, it still helps. Lubricates and soothes the nasal passages.

Hope you feel better soon!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 13 May, 2010 08:32 am
if you cant get water through your nose, just use a light nasal spray first to clear up the boogers.

thats what i do
Bella Dea

Reply Thu 13 May, 2010 09:02 am
@shewolfnm,
Ha! My nose swells shut. Ain't nothing going in or out.
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Thu 13 May, 2010 11:20 am
Ouch! Oh, how that does hurt. Along with the antibiotics, you could take Vitamin C. Say, 2,000 u. twice daily, see if that helps. Don't eat bananas, drink milk, eat ice cream. Drink tons of water to flush this thing out of your system.
Hope it goes away quickly.
0 Replies