Infuriating Commercials

cjhsa

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 04:02 pm
Another annoying thing even for decent commercials is that they repeat too often. That new Cadillac series with the Led Zeppelin R&R song, they play them constantly, same song for all the variants. Talk about wearing out a riff.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 10:51 pm
Whatever you do, don't buy progresso soup because it's so heavy it'll bend all your spoons, LOL!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 10:32 pm
Those damned Girls Gone Wild commercials. The epitome of vulgarity. Why is it that when every one of those hoes pull their tops up, just like pavlov's dog, they automatically stick their tongues out. What is THAT all about?
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 10:41 pm
ooh. . . Girls Gone Wild. . . saw a great standup routine about those. . . truly hideous. . .

My votes go to car commercials which use my favorite classic rock songs.

verizon commercials featuring "that guy" (you know the one)

Actually, ALL car commercials. . .
0 Replies

Cinderwolf

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 11:17 pm
I have trouble figuring out if some commercials are SNL skits or not. Honestly some commercials can be so absurdly stupid it is almost laughable, but I am usally too disturbed by them to laugh.

I HATE when a good song is abused! Its really sad, Its seems that now days there is absolutly no such thing as a sell-out! It seems everyone is willing to sell anything for anyone else.

angie, dont get me started on radio commercials. I Hate them so much i have honestly boycotted radio, except one station which has very few tasteful ones.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 12:51 am
I read somewhere that having a song used in a commercial used to be considered a sell-out. It's now considered a badge of honor. Barf.

While I'm in the barf mode, I would like to complain about the station logos that appear at the bottoms of our screens. Impossible to watch a subtitled film with the damned logo in the way. I've also noticed recently animated promos at the bottom of the screen in the other corner from the logo. Hey, that's just a tad distracting.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 01:11 am
eoe wrote:
Those damned Girls Gone Wild commercials. The epitome of vulgarity. Why is it that when every one of those hoes pull their tops up, just like pavlov's dog, they automatically stick their tongues out. What is THAT all about?

I hate those ones as well. It's more like "Girls Gone Slutty"! Jeeeez!!!!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 01:18 am
As much as I like the sight of a sexy girl, seeing them used to sell everything from cars to takeaway chicken, does get a bit much.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 01:21 am
I'm still waiting for them to start using sexy guys in those commercials :-)
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 09:10 am
aren't we all. . .
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 09:12 am
Have u not seen the latest Hugo Boss ad ?
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 09:15 am
we don't have hugo boss ads on tv over here, at least not in New York, and if they're not here, I doubt they're anywhere. . .

We do, however, have the 60 foot Calvin Klein underwear ad on Times Square, or, at least, we did for awhile. . . that was exciting. . .
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 09:16 am
I watched one last night (I think) and almost had an orga....

never mind <blush>
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 09:18 am
tehe. . . I can only imagine. . . we don't even have a lousy store with windows. . . (anywhere near me, that is)
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 12:45 pm
The CK billboards in NY made me feel sehr inadequate, but I was willing to do hygenic inspection work...Wink
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 01:12 pm
Find any belly button lint, hobitbob?

Actually as far as blasting volumes, the NBC ads for their own programs as a disgrace. In 5.1 digital sound it's like having a power drill stuck in your ear. Okay, Gautam, no comments about thinks stuck into one's ear, please.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 05:38 pm
they had belly buttons? Shocked
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 09:59 am
Wasn't there a beer ad showing construction men stopping work for a soda? That commercial certainly made me thirsty!!

I agree about using loved songs from rock to classical in commercials. It cheapens them to be associated with some money-grubbing commercial.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 10:48 am
There is a commercial for some car that uses a "quaint Tuscan village" and the intro to "Thick as a Brick," one of my favourite Jethro Tull opusses (opi?). Growwwwl! Mad
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 03:00 pm
Not watching or paying attention to too many commercials (I fast forward so much on the time shifted network shows), I can still remember several recent commercials but not the product where it's the sexy man selling it (or was that a hustler on the Spanish Steps?)
0 Replies