Lakers game's on.

Ragman

Reply Wed 26 May, 2010 03:54 pm
@kickycan,
I'm with you 100% there, except I think time is NOW for Celts to end this series. I finally understand that the Magic are highly talented and highly motivated; however, Celts play better as a total team.

Oh the 'other series'? I think that has been a great drama. Nash fascinates me. I've always liked Nash, but this playoff season he is positively ON A MISSION! too bad they are not sticking to a real NBA finals type of defense and choosing a shoot-out.

Magic are going to have to deal with too much fire power by the Rondo-led offense (peaking and recovered from injury at right time) and team defense that can at times crush good teams. We'll know by the end of the first quarter.

Or will we?
Ragman

Reply Wed 26 May, 2010 08:23 pm
@Ragman,
OH, Gawd! Have I damned them? They are down by 10 half way through the 3rd quarter. Perkins was tossed out on a questionable technical call. Cripes! that leaves Davis to guard Howard. Not looking good for the hometown Green. Garnet is not effective so far, either.
panzade

Reply Wed 26 May, 2010 09:16 pm
@Ragman,
You've jinxed them. Now let's see some drama return to the playoffs.
http://www.sportsinfo101.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/250px-Orlando_Magic_logo.png
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 26 May, 2010 09:28 pm
That technical foul call/ejection situation was such f---ing bullshit. I only partially blame the ref who made the shitty call. The refs are going to miss a call or make a bad one here and there, but the league's idiotic policy on flagrant fouls is about 90% of the problem in this situation. Automatic ejection...I'd like to automatically eject my bowels all over David Stern's face!

But yeah, it's getting interesting now. And also, now I have the game to watch Friday night. If the Magic lost tonight, I would have gone to see the Reverend Horton Heat and Cracker as a consolation thing to do. Now I can go to a bar and watch the game from a comfortable bar stool!

Go O-Mag (pronounced O-Madge)!
Rockhead

Reply Wed 26 May, 2010 09:46 pm
@kickycan,
dude...

the rev is worth a ticket.

celts rule.
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 27 May, 2010 03:37 am
@Rockhead,

that was downright nauseating!
they kicked our ass, but had some serious help from the ref's.
not sure which game they were watching.
how do you NOT call a foul on howard for the elbow to big baby??

so he's out for friday's game, and perk is at the mercy of the league.
unless one of his T's is rescinded (likely), the C's will be without their 2 best low-post defenders.

hoping we have enough healthy bodies to compete tomorrow...
Ragman

Reply Thu 27 May, 2010 10:42 pm
@Region Philbis,
Ron Farking Artest...couldn't shoot the ball into the ocean as he was 1 for 8 before the final shot. Jackson said he almost left him on the bench. He wins the game in the last second with a Kobe put-back on his miss. This game was artistically great and alternately bad. Some awful shot selections..particularly by Artest, but not only him.

Don't ever bet against the Lakers. I still will hoist Steven Nash on my shoulder as the most valuable man in a losing effort. Remind myself again that he's only 6ft 1in. However 15 Sun turnovers to Lakers sunk them.
kickycan

Reply Thu 27 May, 2010 11:45 pm
@Ragman,
Now THAT was a playoff game! Excellent! Great comeback, but that lucky jerk-off gets the cheap put-back at the buzzer to make the crowd go wild. I loved it. Yes, Nash is one of the best for sure.

So now we get a game 6 on Friday and Saturday night. Sweet. Dare I hope for two game 7s...

Ragman

Reply Fri 28 May, 2010 05:10 am
@kickycan,
Did you see what Nash did to penetrate the Lakers. He threaded through defenders under the basket like a water bug in a slalom course, And after he passed through 3 Lakers behind Artest's back, he made a pocket-pass to a team-mate you swear that he couldn't see. This one might have been better than Rondo's cross-over okey-dokey from the other day. you gotta think to yourself that no way could he do that again.

I love these playoffs. C'mon Celts! Limp your way to the Finals and show the world and those Fakers what you got in the bag.This script was written in Hollywood!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 28 May, 2010 07:39 am
@kickycan,
Quote:
Dare I hope for two game 7s...
bite yer tongue!
kickycan

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 09:02 am
@Region Philbis,
Well, I guess you're happy today! Okay, so I can only hope for one game 7 now. That was not the most exciting game in the world, that's for sure. Congrats to the Celtics and their fans...now...let's go Phoenix! We want a game 7! And OT tonight! And a buzzer beater! And Kobe to score 50 points!

Yeah, that should just about do it.
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 09:15 am
@kickycan,

if kobe scores fitty, the rest of the team is standing around watching.
better for him to get 30 within the game plan.
i'd like to see a game 7 -- the more wear n' tear on our opponent, the better... Mr. Green
Ragman

Reply Sun 30 May, 2010 10:13 am
@Region Philbis,
No matter what, whether it's LeBron, Kobe or Howard, you gotta keep the other team members involved and not just in that throw-them-a-bone way, either

OK...now that we're past all that, it's Lakers-Celts. Oh Man! Be still my beating heart!
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 04:20 pm
@Region Philbis,
Drumming fingers in anticipation.

Enjoying Magic Johnson's comments on ESPN about the rivalry heating up again since 2008. It's not quite at the fever pitch that it was in days of Russell/Havliceck and Wilt/Gerry West or Bird/McHale/Parrish days, but these finals could get them to that level. Sure hope the referees keep their crap out this with their inappropriate calls on flagrant fouls and technical fouls.
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 05:27 am
@Ragman,

LA is bracing for physicality, but perk & sheed will hafta be on their best behavior.
we need them on the court to guard the bigs.
a withered garnett & undersized Baby ain't gonna get it done...
Ragman

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 06:38 am
@Region Philbis,
Too true.

On the Lakers side, as Fisher goes, so go the Lakers. His play is crucial and is the key about how Celts match up and defend those point runs. Kobe will do his typical 30 points but the flow and tempo are set by Fisher. Also, it goes without saying, Rasheed will need his best stuff, too. Let's hope his back is better.
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 10:09 am
@Ragman,

bynum had his knee drained on monday -- his minutes may be limited...
Ragman

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 06:46 pm
@Region Philbis,
...yes..and Kobe's knee was drained early in their first series. All these 'walking wounded' we'll be watching. I need my big bowl of popcorn and some Sam Adams beer.
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2010 03:33 am
@Ragman,

ready!
each of the 7 games is on a work night.
tuesday & thursday games start sometime after 9pm ET.
sunday games 8pm ET.
i was a good boy and banked some extra zzz's the past few nights...
Ragman

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2010 06:02 am
@Region Philbis,
I really found Pierce''s interviews very insightful. It's reaffirming hearing him speak of the great's of Celtic and NBA golden days. It's one thing to be a great athlete and top performer, but it's whole other thing to be respectful to the game and fans that 'brung 'ya', right?