Lakers game's on.

Ragman

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2010 10:08 pm
Durant looks good...leading 47-45 at the half. Lakers had better not take this team for granted.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2010 10:37 pm
@Rockhead,
I'm actually going to Orlando, but I'm thinking of maybe taking a trip to a beach at some point. Maybe Daytona. Who knows.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2010 10:40 pm
@mismi,
Here's a nice cold one for ya. Oh wait, that's not the beer can, baby! Relax your grip, that kinda hurts! Here, take this beer over here. And as for pizza...here, I ordered from Lombardi's!

http://blog.hotelreservations.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/lombardis_coal_oven.jpg

0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2010 10:42 pm
@Ragman,
I used to love the early games. The last few seasons though it just hasn't seemed the same somehow. I too look forward to that battle. Hope it comes to fruition. There are a lot of teams to get past.

Still drinking my Miller Genuine Draft. And chomping down that pizza...
kickycan

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2010 10:43 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

Stop by and see me Kick. I'll be watching the Capitals whip up on the Habs....at my fave sports bar: Duffy's

I'd love to buy you a beer some time. What city are you in again?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2010 10:44 pm
Dang, this pizza's f---ing delicious.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2010 10:47 pm
@kickycan,
Yeah. Something seems different but I can't put my finger on it. Somehow it all seems more corporate..less spirited...or sump'in. Lakers are in danger of falling asleep here - underestimating the Thunder. Durant is a throwback to an earlier day. He shoots, defends and rebounds -- with or without coverage.

I would love to see Durant on my Celts, really soon.

OK ..it's crunch time, so let's see what Thunder is made of.

Tonight, I made my own pizza - ready-made crust - 7 inch pizza - in the convection toaster-oven I picked up.
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 06:09 am
@Ragman,

kicky, sorry to hear...

well the garnett-less C's put an old-fashioned ass-whoopin' on the Heat last night.
dumb and clichéd as it sounds, they have actually "taken it to another level" in the 1st 2 games of the series...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 07:58 am
@kickycan,
Aw, sorry Kicky.

Kobe bothers me more with every passing year. He's just a douche. I don't like him. So I want the Lakers to fail I guess.
Ragman

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2010 07:04 am
@sozobe,
I agree, but he's arguably the best player in the game. Debate could be made for one or 2 others, but he and Lakers are odds-on-faves to win the championship. That is, if they stop looking past the scrappy OK Thunder. Durant looks pretty damned good. He's got my MVP vote.
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2010 07:07 am
@Ragman,

i think lebron has supplanted kobe as #1.
this year he collects ring #1, with many more to follow...
Ragman

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2010 07:26 am
@Region Philbis,
Yes, perhaps. It all hinges on LeBron's performance right now and how far his Cadavers go.
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2010 07:35 am
@Ragman,

the cadavers almost stole one in chicago last night.

it was reminiscent of their game against the C's a few weeks ago.
C's had the big lead going into the 4th, game over.
then lebron took over, and the C's hung on, but just barely...
Ragman

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2010 02:54 pm
@Region Philbis,
Speaking of my Celts - sad to say that it's not looking too good for going too much further. in that game against Cavs, Celts had no answer to LeBron, who is such an athletic hybrid type of positional player..A 'big' that can play like a guard..power guard. You could call him power guard in the mold of Magic with some better numbers in some areas. However, passing and imagination of Magic in my mind was unsurpassed.

No doubt that he can take control of a game -- many times controlling the important ones.

Will that still be the case in the Finals, should the get there? Can he transcend his tendency to dribble incessantly when he should pass off to his team-mates who are far-more-than-just-solid complementary Offensive and Defensive players. When I'm seeing is a super-motivated Jamison added to a well-rested Shaq -- this is looking pretty credible. And what can you say about a team with 3 centers, all either nearly 7 ft or over.

Then there's Coach Mike Brown...with am extremely solid (Coach of the Year) resume.
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 07:27 am
@Ragman,

thanx to pierce's amazing buzzer-beater Mr. Green , the C's have a chance to sweep the heat.
at least they will be well-rested heading into their showdown with the cavs...

thunder coach scott brooks was named coach of the year earlier this week...
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 08:44 pm
Meaningless prediction"I predict that the Orlando Magic (or as I call them, "O-Mag" (pronounced "O-Madge")) sweep both of their early-round series and then lose game one against the Cavs by over 20 points. Go O-Mag (pronounced "O-Madge")!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 08:44 pm
By the way, Lakers game's on.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 01:00 pm

it's ridiculous to hafta wait 4 days for game 3 of the C's-cavs series.
hype generated, then quickly forgotten...
kickycan

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 05:19 pm
@Region Philbis,
Wow, bad night for the C's at home...what did they lose by, about forty points? It was something like that. That's gotta hurt. Sorry for your loss on that one. At least your team's still in the fight.

The Cavs and the Magic are ruining the TV ratings for the playoffs, by the way, especially the Magic. These guys are beating the **** out of teams. The Magic are undefeated in the playoffs and it hasn't even been close, most games. That Cavs/Magic series (if it goes like it looks like it will, at this fairly early juncture) is going to be interesting, and hopefully way more entertaining and/or competitive then these first two rounds have been. Tonight, the Magic have been up by fifteen or more since the second quarter. Right now it's 91-66 with 5:00 left. BO-ring!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 05:42 pm
Anyway, the Lakers game is on in about a half hour. Lakers are up 2-0. Another thrilling <yawn> and competitive <cough, cough> series. Let's hope the Jazz are more up to the task than they were in the first two games in L.A. I need a beer and a buzzer-beater tonight, baby!
0 Replies