Lakers game's on.

kickycan

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 08:54 pm
Thank GOD I'm back! I'm back on A2K, baby! Thank god awmighty, I'm back!

And unfortunately for the Celtics, it looks like the Lakers are back too. With a vengeance.

Wow. Let's hope the Celtics get back in it. Not win it, but at least make it respectable. I am so hoping for a game 7. A double OT in that game would be incredible too, but for now all I ask is that one more game. It's looking good for that now. 70-51 Lakers, 2:00 left in the 3rd.
Irishk

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 09:39 pm
I was going to make a Boston Creme Pie today (a luck thingy). I didn't get around to it, though. And now..........jinxed! I feel so guilty.
kickycan

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 09:44 pm
@Irishk,
Sorry to hear it. But the bright side is...we got a game seven, boys!!!

That game sucked though. I don't want to see a repeat of that crap. Please, basketball gods, just one more favor? I know you gave us this game seven already, and that's totally awesome, but please, give us a nice double-overtime buzzer-beater Thursday night, couldya? Thanks.
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2010 04:46 am
@kickycan,

uhhh no thanx, i'd rather see the C's win by 20 (i'm funny that way).
not likely to happen if perk's out.
his knee will be reevaluated this morning...

i guess i should be happy -- we're getting one more game this year.
game 7 for all the mahbles...
perhaps i'll cheer up after the nausea passes?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2010 07:46 am
I got to watch game 5 with my 93-year-old grandma-in-law, it ROCKED. So fun. I didn't realize the depth of my disdain for Kobe until I watched him again. And I love the Celtics, especially Kevin Garnett.

And Grandma was a very entertaining viewing companion. Very Happy She knows her basketball (though she prefers college to pro).

I hope I can catch game 7.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2010 08:06 am
I'ma get that pie made by game 7. GO CELTICS!!!
Ragman

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2010 10:26 am
@kickycan,
Wait !Wait... what's wrong with wanting the Celtics to WIN? We're only talking about winning one game. so what if it's in LA and the last game? If these guys can handle the pressure why can't we fans?

In fact, let's take it them in the Lion's DEN! Make Nicholson and all those fair-weather fan/celebs wipe that smug look off their faces!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2010 04:47 pm
@Irishk,

we're gonna need all the irish luck we can get...
Quote:
Celtics center Kendrick Perkins walked into Staples Center on crutches this afternoon and
told reporters he has torn MCL and PCL ligaments in his right knee.
(from the globe)
Ragman

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2010 07:28 pm
@Region Philbis,
So this means using either Rasheed for 25 mins or (gulp) Scalabrini (redhead bench guy they use once in a blue moon in reg season). Rasheed will bring his A game, but let's hope his back issues allow him to be as close to 100% as possible.
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 03:44 am
@Ragman,

i think baby gets the start, with sheed coming off the bench.
this is what sheed came here for, playing for the trophy.
he can make us forget about the lackluster regular season with a huge game tonight.
scals will see some action... sheldon too.

game 7 for all the mahbles, so expect to see both teams go all out...

is it 9 o'clock yet???
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 04:20 am
@Region Philbis,
Maybe the Celtics can pull off a basketball version of Pearl Harbor by starting the game early and without the Lakers. Run up the score or something?

All I know is that when they do start play at 21:00 EST they better play with a much better mindset of discipline and focus then with what they played with in the last game.
Ragman

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 08:49 pm
@tsarstepan,
49-39 at halfway through the third quarter. Celtics are not looking perfect..but they got the lead and shutting down Kobe..so far. They need some better rebounding if they want to win. Rasheed is not the answer...but Scal did the job for the brief spot they inserted him. Offensive rebounding is not even close to OK for Celts.

Pierce is the key to keeping the offensive flow...Oy vey...this is a nail-biter even though the lead is 10 points.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 08:59 pm
@Ragman,
57 to 51: Celtics have the slim lead with a minute left in the 3rd quarter.

Is it me or is this a very low scoring game? Seems like the Celtics' defense is stifling the Lakers so far.
Ragman

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 09:01 pm
@tsarstepan,
not pretty play...more like rock-em-sock-em robots..but it's exciting!
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 09:14 pm
@Ragman,
I don't want to jinx the Celtics but I would feel more comfortable if they went on a 10 point run or something in order to stretch the lead and give them a little bit of breathing room.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 09:40 pm
@tsarstepan,
The Celts are fouling the Lakers like they're amateurs.
Ragman

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 10:01 pm
@tsarstepan,
sniff
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 10:47 pm
That was a good game. I am not a big fan of either team, but I was happy the Lakers won, and I was happy that it was a good, hard-fought, close, defensive game.

Tonight was a team win. Even that asshole Ron Artest got some big hoops. Congrats to the Lakers!

P.S. Am I the only one here who wasn't rooting for the Celtics?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 10:56 pm
Oh man! They were just interviewing Kobe and someone asked something like, "We've heard how you feel about the team accomplishment and how much that means, but what can you tell us about what this means to you as an individual?"

Without missing a beat, Kobe responded with a big smile, "It's one more than Shaq." Awesome.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 04:07 am
@Ragman,
Quote:
...Oy vey...