Should we eliminate high school sports for budget?

ossobuco

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 08:32 pm
@hawkeye10,
Oh, christ.
Sorry to swear, so I;ll just say, you doppass, or a word like that from one of the sisters.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2010 11:18 am
@joefromchicago,
Amen!
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2010 12:07 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
Absolutely. As an adult I learned about exercise physiology and the various pleasures and occasional pains of running, hiking, dance (I'm a fool), rock climbing (fool again, but I get it), and best of all for me, swimming, which I learned at 39; I loved gliding in the Y pool as I got better at it, sort of a dream sequence.
Swimming is distinct, because of watelessness.
[Did u see how I did that, Osso? watelessness instead of weightlessness? I crack me up.]
To me, it is a mystery how anyone finds pleasure in running or hiking, or dancing.
I 'm perplexed qua the logic thereof.
For your information, I have visual representations of some A2K denizens,
e.g., Squinney is played in my mind by Jamie Leigh Curtis;
Bear is played by Michael Gross and Osso is played by Angela Lansbury

ossobuco wrote:
My high school taught me nothing at all on how-to, a four year waste.
That 's a very strong statement.
Do u mean that if it had tawt u athletic practices,
then it woud not have been a waste ?

ossobuco wrote:
My best tennis day was when I borrowed a class friend's racket (this was in the days of wooden ones) and every ball I hit went right where I wanted it, I was wonderful. Slazenger was the name of the racket. Next time with my own racket, I was goofy again.
Maybe u shoud have bawt (bought) the other racket from your friend ?

ossobuco wrote:
I've later loved exercise, swimming more than running, when I do it and keep it up for years at a time.
I also slough it off easily, have an inveterate laziness that takes hold. Lifetime quandary, depends on which year.
My torpor is counterbalanced by my lethargy, Osso.

David
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2010 12:11 pm
@JPB,
This was not my school district, but quite honestly that is what I am guessing - they are using this "threat" as a way to increase taxes.

Although we did receive a letter from the mayor's office about various meetings about budget crap - my interpretation he plans on increasing taxes - in the last election, I did not vote for him as I suspected he would.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2010 12:12 pm
@hawkeye10,
I could understand cutting some sports or some activities (those least popular) - but not an across the board slash.
0 Replies