widower backing off?

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 01:33 pm
I have been seeing a man that has been a widower since early last summer. Things have gone great so far; we are great friends, have a lot of things in common, and always have a good time together. We live a couple of hours apart, which I believe has been to our advantage. Today we were talking about seeing each other again via text message and he said that he "didn't want to lead down a wrong path, but we would talk tonight". Not sure what's going on, but it sounds to me like he needs some time and space without me in the picture. Please respond with any advice you have for me...I have never dated a widower before and refuse to interfere with his grieving process. Help!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,592 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 03:42 pm
@strictlyanonymous728,
Seeing a widower is a whole lot different than being romantically involved with one. Sounds like he's going through the stages a widower will go through (needs to build or rebuild his own emotional foundation first). If he's backing off, then he's being wise and knows his limits.

Good luck but definitely date others. Offer your emotional support buty froma safe emotional distance.
0 Replies