THe PC Police Again Shut Down Truth Seaking

Ionus

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 06:11 pm
@joefromchicago,
Quote:
Ionus has never supported this "argument" with anything more than biased personal anecdotes and generalized fears about having some guy look at him while he's taking a shower.
This would be the same argument where you said what argument ? The same argument where you need an explanation of terminology ?
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 06:26 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
This would be the same argument where you said what argument
between this thread and others we now have a rash of claims that no arguments have been made. Clearly the time has come to come to compair notes about what the definition of the word is. It seems clear that some around here have such a narrow definition that nearly nothing makes the grade.

WHo wants to go first?
DrewDad

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 07:09 pm
@Ionus,
I maintain that you are a coward, unwilling to face the fact that your prejudices do not reflect reality.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 07:14 pm
@DrewDad,
Quote:
I maintain that you are a coward, unwilling to face the fact that your prejudices do not reflect reality.
It could just as easily be you who suffers from this problem.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 07:14 pm
@DrewDad,
Quote:
I maintain that you are a coward,
And I maintain that you are a homosexual child molester.
Quote:
unwilling to face the fact that your prejudices do not reflect reality.
Coming from a bigot, I can accept that.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 07:18 pm
@joefromchicago,
Quote:
Ionus has never supported this "argument" with anything more than biased personal anecdotes and generalized fears about having some guy look at him while he's taking a shower.
It has already been explained that an expert opinion is not personal bias. You are bigotted as you will not listen to other's opinions. Perhaps if I had as many showers with homosexuals as you have had I might get used to the idea but I am never going to like it like you love it.
Quote:
Yet integration didn't hurt "unit cohesion" or military effort in the Korean War.
This is from someone who doesnt understand the terminolgy and thinks soldiers are cowards. Do you think a win in a two sided contest is the only measure of efficiency to be applied ? What a fool !
DrewDad

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 07:22 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
It has already been explained that an expert opinion is not personal bias.

You're an anonymous person on the Internet, so that "expert opinion" BS won't fly.
Ionus wrote:
Quote:
Yet integration didn't hurt "unit cohesion" or military effort in the Korean War.
This is from someone who doesnt understand the terminolgy and thinks soldiers are cowards. Do you think a win in a two sided contest is the only measure of efficiency to be applied ? What a fool!

You keep bringing up that there is terminology that we don't understand... yet you don't actually use such terminology. I call bullshit.
Ionus

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 07:28 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
What I think is being said is that it doesn't matter if 95% say No.
I bet you once sat next to a nigger on a bus...it was awful for you, but you did it to prove you are not a bigot..thank God she didnt talk to you...you are the model of political correctness...such noble sacrifice...will you be serving in the miltary to put yourself in harms way and back up your fat mouth ?
Quote:
If you polled southerners in the mid fifties, I think that you would have gotten a pretty high No vote for desegregation.
Not if you had of polled blacks too...how many homosexuals is your great crusade for anyway ?
Quote:
The whole point is, civil societies don't allow the ignorant to determine policy that relates to people's rights.
I dont get it. Do you want us to listen to you or not ?

Quote:
You seem to think the argument is pertinent because there is a vocal group of bigots.
You keep using the word bigot without any comprehension of how it applies to you more than anyone. You seem to think the counter argument is pertinent because you are politically correct in all matters.
Quote:
There's always going to be bigots, but there's just no reason to make it easy for them.
Oh I am not going to make it easy for bigots like you trust me...

Quote:
There's zero reason that the military can't have the same policy that occurs in civilian life.
This is because you understand zero about the military and think it is a civilian job.
Quote:
it's ludicrous that people should have to serve their country as second class citizens
They dont have to serve. You made that up. What about the handicapped ? Why cant they serve in logistic units ? They have rights too.

0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 07:38 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
I think, I could be wrong, that the bad signals sent by DADT have made it possible for more bigots to jack the vote up. Apparently, I wasn't wrong.
Yeaahhhhh...I would get a second opinion on that...it might only be you massaging your ego. DADT may also have made it possible for homosexuals to use the system.
Quote:
It has to be asked. There weren't any efforts made to placate racists during the the civil rights era. They were soundly condemned. Why oh why has there been any effort to placate the ignorance that is so seemingly abundant within the officer rank of the US military.
Gee, do you think it might be different ? That maybe a poor white boy and a poor black boy from Alabama may have more in common with each other than with a gay boy from New York ?
Quote:
The military officers could easily put a stop to this nonsense if they so desired.
Clearly they have no respect for your PC thuggery. Maybe they are right and you are wrong ? I know you have never even considered that as possible, but what if...what if your bigotry and ego had led you astray ?
Quote:
That further checks had to be put upon them with this don't ask, don't tell, don't harass, don't pursue[/b] is really telling.
That was a political measure to prevent mass resignations and leaving the defence of the country in your PC hands.

Quote:
Though it's not likely to happen real soon, it's time for criminal prosecutions.
Whilst its tempting to lock fools like you up, I think that is counter productive in the long run. You are just another misguided bigot trying to force your opinion on the world..
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 07:38 pm
@DrewDad,
Quote:
That's not an argument; that's an assertion.
No, THATS an assertion.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 07:41 pm
Your erratic posts make you sound like a nasty drunk, Ionus.
Ionus

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 07:53 pm
@JTT,
Do you read this stuff before you post it ?
Quote:
an extensive review ....That review is lengthy....I can summarize its conclusions in a few words
This guy is like Chuch Norris AND Superman.
Quote:
The research data show that there is nothing about lesbians and gay men that makes them inherently unfit for military service, and there is nothing about heterosexuals that makes them inherently unable to work and live with gay people in close quarters.
Originally pyschiatrists were going to cure homosexuals. When the could'nt, they declared it must be normal. Now they say homosexuals have no in built reason why they would be unfit to serve in the military and men have no inbuilt reasons why they cant work and live with homosexuals. Did they examine combat ? - No. Did they say what the current situation is ? - No. Simply that he coudnt find a reason not. What about any bias of the researches ? That is ok because it is politically correct ? Sample size, assumptions, attempts to eliminate error...

Quote:
American Psychological Association states:
When not in combat and people are worried that if they behave incorrectly they might get into trouble we have been unable to find any reason not to be politically correct or risk the condemnation of our politically correct peers by finding fault with logistic units outside a combat zone under no greater duress than normal work such as you find in an office.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 07:57 pm
@DrewDad,
Quote:
He has presented no logic. He has actually fled when asked to engage in some.
THAT is an assertion dickhead.
Quote:
Historical examples are easily defeated by other historical examples about segregated units.
Absolute dribble. You start off asssuming and twist the facts to suit your tastes.
Quote:
His "knowledge of interpersonal relationships in the military" is countered by Mysterman's "knowledge of interpersonal relationships in the military".
Not even close. He worked in a dont ask dont tell environment and I worked where they were allowed to be open and where they werent allowed.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 08:04 pm
@DrewDad,
Quote:
You're an anonymous person on the Internet, so that "expert opinion" BS won't fly.
But it flys for MM ? Are you sure you are not a bigot ?
Quote:
You keep bringing up that there is terminology that we don't understand... yet you don't actually use such terminology.
Explain to me the role of combat troops . Explain to me the military definition of unit cohesion. Explain to me the brotherhood that exists betwen men in dangerous situations and how we can maitain a hunter attitude with women an homosexuals. You dont understand such terminolgy.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 08:05 pm
Quote:
The presence of a known homosexual in a unit could reduce social cohesion. In extreme cases, it could lead to ostracism or violence. However, both research and the experience of foreign militaries and domestic organizations suggest that a number of factors can minimize social disruption. First, leaders play a key role in promoting and maintaining unit cohesion. Second, military roles, regulations, and norms all enhance the likelihood that heterosexuals will work cooperatively with homosexuals. Third, external threats enhance cohesion, provided that the group members are mutually threatened and there is the possibility that cooperative group action can eliminate the danger.

The RAND study suggests that although the presence of a known homosexual may affect social cohesion, it is unlikely to undermine task cohesion, provided that the individual demonstrates competence and a commitment to the unit's mission. Therefore, researchers conclude that the presence of known homosexuals on the force is not likely to undermine military performance.
http://www.rand.org/pubs/research_briefs/RB7537/index1.html

this seems Pollyannish to me, considering how I have seen units chewed up performance wise when the culture goes bad. The last unit before this was destroyed 2005-2006 when to commander decided to have sex with the female soldiers, and the 1sg did not care enough about the soldiers to do anything about it. This company to this day has constant backstabbing and many fiefdoms, and the work quality DOES suffer as a result.
Ionus

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 08:07 pm
@wandeljw,
Quote:
Your erratic posts make you sound like a nasty drunk, Ionus.
Your isolated irrelevant assertions make you sound like an overweight gorgi running around snapping at the heels of the players just before it falls over dead.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 08:18 pm
@hawkeye10,
Politicians always do what they THINK people want, not what is good for the country and when their ESP fails them we throw them out. It is nothing more than a guessing game where the main object is to NOT to consult the people because that could be the start of internet voting on every law and what would we pay them for ?
Ionus

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 08:23 pm
@hawkeye10,
ar·gu·ment (ärgy-mnt)
n.
a. A discussion in which disagreement is expressed; a debate.
b. A quarrel; a dispute.
c. Archaic A reason or matter for dispute or contention: "sheath'd their swords for lack of argument" (Shakespeare).
a. A course of reasoning aimed at demonstrating truth or falsehood: presented a careful argument for extraterrestrial life.
b. A fact or statement put forth as proof or evidence; a reason: The current low mortgage rates are an argument for buying a house now.
c. A set of statements in which one follows logically as a conclusion from the others.
a. A summary or short statement of the plot or subject of a literary work.
b. A topic; a subject: "You and love are still my argument" (Shakespeare).
4. Logic The minor premise in a syllogism.
5. Mathematics
a. An independent variable of a function.
b. The angle of a complex number measured from the positive horizontal axis.
6. Computer Science A value used to evaluate a procedure or subroutine.
7. Linguistics In generative grammar, any of various positions occupied by a noun phrase in a sentence.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 08:41 pm
@Ionus,
in this case it is that the gay rights pressure groups have sold the politicians on the outlook that full acceptance of gays as equal and entitled to everything is a forgone conclusion. It is according to them only the speed at which we get there that we dont know. Once politicians came to this conclusion, them being politicians, they want to jump on this train early enough that they can look smart and with it.

They may be wrong about what the future tastes of the public is. I for instance have worked and socialized with gays, liked some of them a lot personally, but it does nothing to change my mind about gay marriage. That there are more gays, and more gays out in the open, does not have to lead to more acceptance of them. I have had no problem telling gays that I know well and like that I don't think that they should ever have the right to marry. So far we have always been able to get past that disagreement.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 08:45 pm
@hawkeye10,
One chronic problem with the military is that it attracts a large percentage of antisocial personalities. (There's data to back this up. It's also true of the police force.)

Like any system it breaks down if there are multiple failures in the process.