THe PC Police Again Shut Down Truth Seaking

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 07:32 pm
@hawkeye10,
If the gay military men and women affects the effectiveness of their unit, they are letting private sex determine how they fight. Stupid.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 07:44 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
If the gay military men and women affects the effectiveness of their unit, they are letting private sex determine how they fight. Stupid.
we debated this for several months, the consensus was that this policy should end and will end. How it ends is what this current discussion is about. Do you have an opinion on that?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 07:49 pm
@hawkeye10,
Yeah, it's the republicans who are making this issue an unnecessary one. They are bigots who hate minorities and gays, and they have a good chance of taking over congress in November. That only means that Americans are made from the same cloth; hateful SOBs with small brains.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 07:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Yeah, it's the republicans who are making this issue an unnecessary one
It is an issue no matter what...talking about changing the law is always an "issue". You can't lay that on the Republicans. You could say that it is their fault that the issue is not decided and put to bed though. This sounds like more of your "anyone who does not agree with me is slime" thinking.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 08:05 pm
@hawkeye10,
No, the Republicans will have to let the bill come up for a vote. It's a military funding bill, and the Don't Ask Don't Tell repeal is an amendment to it.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 08:21 pm
@DrewDad,
Quote:
No, the Republicans will have to let the bill come up for a vote. It's a military funding bill, and the Don't Ask Don't Tell repeal is an amendment to it.
These are the same people who have as there members a lot of people who want to depower Washington, who have said straight up that they plan to use budget bills to force the matter, by allowing the government to run out of money. A defense bill veto is very far from out of the question. If the Dems still run Congress after nov and they load a defense bill up with an amendment to repeal DADT I feel nearly certain that the GOP will not allow it to come to a vote. I bet that the GOP will say exactly this long before the vote, and if the dems do it anyways the GOP will bash the Dems for driving the Defense Appropriation into the ditch.

You clearly have no conception of how serious much of the GOP is about depowering Washington. Take a look at comments this week re the Health care Reform bill...the GOP has straight up said that there will be no money allowed to go to the provisions of the bill, appropriations bills will be killed so that this program can not function. These boys are serious, and they have said already what their attack plan is. And before you jump for joy expecting the GOP to be lashed by the citizens for this move, consider where the GOP is right now after two years of being the party of no. Also, the public is against the health care bill, the GOP will be REWARDED for refusing to fund it.

WAKE UP!
DrewDad

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 09:05 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
You clearly have no conception of how serious much of the GOP is about depowering Washington.

No, the GOP loves power in Washington; they just don't like Democrats to wield that power.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 09:56 pm
@DrewDad,
Quote:
No, the GOP loves power in Washington; they just don't like Democrats to wield that power.
Before the Tea Party lead reform of the GOP this was true....you might want to get current with the times.
djjd62

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2010 06:05 am
@hawkeye10,
i think many politicians go to washington with a "gee whiz, i'm gonna change the country and the world" attitude, but, i seem to recall somebody once made a statement about power and it's effects on people
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2010 06:47 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
Before the Tea Party lead reform of the GOP this was true....you might want to get current with the times.

The Tea Party is a loud voice in the GOP right now, and this is having an effect in the primaries. The result is candidates that will not resonate with the moderate voters.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2010 07:01 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
How would you know?
Are you seriously asking the question how would I know to ask them how would they know ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2010 07:05 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Do you understand that in a large organistion changes can have long lasting negative effects ? That these changes take years to cause change but many more years to correct ?

I dont think you understand that when two football teams compete there is only one winner, and it is never the equal opportunity team who allow women to play.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2010 07:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
They are bigots who hate minorities and gays,
And you know this how ?
0 Replies