males remain oblivious

Roberta

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2010 03:19 pm
Maybe one of my failings as a female is that I don't know one car from another. Of course, it was very rare that I dated somebody who had a car, but still. I should have been impressed--or not. Who knew?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2010 03:24 pm
The idea is that women are attracted to an ostentatious display of wealth, isn't it?

A diamond man ring and gold chain should have the same effect.

(I have heard a good pair of fancy cowboy boots can cost quite a bit.)
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2010 04:04 pm
margo says:
Quote:
Don't knock those Toyotas - they may be nuthin' to look at, but they keep on going!
Quote:

Isn;t that the problem theyve been recalling millions of them for?
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2010 11:42 pm
Oh my god, so Shania Twain's 'That don't impress me much' was a load of crock?

And I never thought to ask Roxette's 'making love in the back seat of my car'...what sort of car was it?

And does this mean that girls love driving VW beetles, but don't want to see a guy in one?

And ovbiously for guys, the dress a woman is wearing is much more important than the car she's driving.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2010 11:45 pm
@Diane,
Dont keep us in suspense, post a picture.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2010 11:47 pm
@margo,
You betcha Margo. I drive a Scion.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2010 08:36 pm
@dyslexia,
My ex-husband once owned a Morgan but had no mechanic. It was before I met him.

I wish I knew that women were supposed to be impressed by men with expensive cars.

Does that include men who wear diamond pinkie rings. Ugh! What turn-offs they are! But those men usually drive those hybrid pick-up/sedan things.
0 Replies

oolongteasup

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2010 10:58 pm
@Diane,
Quote:
a sight to hehold

doubtless
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2010 11:54 pm
re: plainoldme, whoa, Morgans again. They used to call the Lucas company, which made headlights for Morgans, "the Prince of Darkness" because its electrical products bit the dust so often, rather like the car as a whole. They are STILL making their cars' frames out of wood (you used to, probably still do, have to tighten all the nuts up that held the car together every few thousand miles, since they were, after all, in wood, or else the car would fall apart. Only car subject to termites.) But, migawd, the new ones are sexy. http://media1.blackfalconmedia.com/2008/2/medium/9080228.010.1M.jpg
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 12:10 am
I guess you gotta suffer for style. I;m a sucker for retrochic.
0 Replies