Is Evolution a Dangerous Idea? If so, why?

The Anointed

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2021 05:14 am
@farmerman,
Nah mate. I'm not telling you how God did it, I leave that up to people like you. I simply tell you that which was in the beginning at the instant of the Big Bang, has become this universe and all the life forms herein, and all the information that the Alpha and Omega who are one, has gained in this period of universal activity, is taken back to the singularity of origin, to return with all that information to become the next generation of the universe, as it has done from everlasting, and will continue to do into the everlasting.

Prove me wrong.
farmerman

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2021 05:40 am
@The Anointed,
convert that klingon to english and drop your own contingencies. Remember , its up to you to evidence your beliefs , not for me to dissuade you by mune. My evidence Ive presented in numbers of pges so much tht I should hve posted a bibliography.

Cmon dude you know th rules.
The Anointed

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2021 06:04 am
@farmerman,
I have given you the scientific evidence which you cannot disprove, yet refuse to accept, because the truth shatters your belief in your false atheist religion.

It was the energy that has neither beginning or end, which was spewed out in the trillions upon trillions of degrees when the invisible singularity of origin was spatially separated, and it is that eternal energy and nothing else, which has become this living universe, all that exists, and all the wisdom, knowledge, and insight, that it has gained in this cycle of visible activity.

Prove it wrong if you can, and try to prove what happens to the information that is gained in this cycle of the eternal oscillating universe.
Leadfoot

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2021 08:18 am
Quote:

I think Ill tick with my forced emulsion analogy rather than just leaning on falification an all the evidence youall seem to be missing

ta ta

Ah, life from a blender! Now it's all starting to make sense!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2021 08:38 am
I realize farmerman writes most of his posts to appeal to the rational ones among us. He addresses the points brought up by those unwilling to learn just to have a sounding board. That's all that keeps me reading on a thread like this.
Leadfoot

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2021 08:58 am
@edgarblythe,
What.. No love for my stand-up comedy?

How bout a little Willy: In jest, much truth is said.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2021 09:15 am
@The Anointed,
Quote:

I have given you the scientific evidence which you cannot disprove
Youve given tons of Wiki quotes on cosmology , many quotes of which ARE wrong (like the formational order of the solar system)

That aside, Ive been talking lifes oigins and evolution which youve merely stoked up some biblical quotes, then say youre NOT saying that GODDIDIT and then you ignor.
Thats some of the most disingenuous bullshit ever.

Leadfoot stands up and argues, while you seem to mostly engulf us with irrelevant fog-banks .
The Anointed

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2021 04:41 pm
@farmerman,
So you refuse to accept that the first law of thermodynamics is the same as the first law of conservation and that is, that energy can neither be created or destroyed. That's OK old mate, everyone knows what you are.

And you refuse to believe that when the singularity of origin was spatially separated, that energy, which can never be created and never be destroyed, and only that eternal energy and nothing else, was spewed out in the trillions upon trillions of degrees, a temperature in which matter cannot exist, until that eternal energy began to cool and begin to become this seemingly physical universe of atoms. And that's OK old mate, you can continue to disbelieve the truth according to the scientific evidence.

And according to the greatest minds in the field of Quantum physics, If you observe the composition of an atom 'from which you and every living thing in this universe and including the universe itself has been created from and by', with a microscope you would see a small, invisible tornado-like vortex, with a number of infinitely small energy vortices called quarks and photons.

These are what make up the structure of the atom. As you focused in closer and closer on the structure of the atom, you would see nothing, you would observe a physical void. The atom has no physical structure, we have no physical structure, physical things really don’t have any physical structure! Atoms are made out of “INVISIBLE ENERGY”, not tangible matter.

But that's OK mate, You just keep right on believing that all the information that is gathered by 'YOU' and by the living universe ceases to exist when returned to that from which they originated.

The reward that the invisible mind receives, is that which the invisible mind believes, so I guess we will never meet in the ever lasting. sleep well old mate
farmerman

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2021 04:51 pm
@The Anointed,
Quote:

So you refuse to accept that the first law of thermodynamics is the same as the first law of conservation and that is, that energy can neither be created or destroyed. That's OK old mate, everyone knows what you are
Do you unerstand the title of this thread?

Youve gotten the nomenclature all screwed up. But No, I dont think Ive ever said anything like that, perhap your comprehension skills are in need of om lube.

My discussions were not about "Quantum physics" (My experience is quantum chemistry far xceeds your hobby reading . s I said before, youre one of those la las who puts "quantum" in front of everything to sound like you know of what you speak.

what do you wish to ask about quantum chem and geochem in particular?
have any ideas where youre going or has your friend Al Zymer taken a room in yer attic?
The Anointed

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2021 08:10 pm
@farmerman,
Of course I understand the title of this thread, "Is Evolution a dangerous Idea? If so why?

Evolution without a designer is a dangerous idea because it leads the ignorant and unstable people to believe that there is no point to this life in this generation of the eternal oscillating universe.

Believing that this universe will die as they must die, and any information that the universe has gained will cease to exist when the universal body is returned to that from which it originated, and their mind, in which all the information that they have gained in their short span of life, will cease to exist when the body in which the invisible mind that is they, has returned to the elements from which it was created, then they, the invisible mind will cease to exist with it.

Mentally unstable people. who are diagnosed with a terminal disease and given a few weeks to live, and firmly believing that they are going to be obliterated forever, may see that as an opportunity to square up with others that they believe have wrong them in their life of hopefulness, and go on a shooting spree.

bulmabriefs144

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2021 09:49 pm
@edgarblythe,
No, it is not.

Some creationist types are offended by that, but if anyone tries to smear me with this brush, I will flatly tell them that I believe God conducts our personal improvement.

On the other hand, assigning evolution as "cause" is complete nonsense. Evolution is NOT a cosmology, and does not address how the universe formed. It doesn't replace any existing idea for how the universe formed, nor does it solve notions that atheists have that the universe was somehow created uncaused. I would not call that "dangerous" so much as stupid. I'll say it again. Uncaused creation is not a thing.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2021 10:51 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
Evolution studies the evolution of life. It does not address religious ideas and it does not study how the universe was formed.
The Anointed

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2021 12:00 am
@edgarblythe,
And you believe that a universe of mindless matter has produced beings with intrinsic ends, [in Kantian terminology, an end-in-itself, self- replication capabilities, and “coded chemistry” do you?

Relate that to an eternal oscillating Universe, that appears then disappears, forever passing from being to non-being, and again from non-being to being.

A series of worlds following one upon the other-- each world rising a step higher than the previous world, so that every later world brings to ripeness the seeds that were imbedded in the former, and itself then prepares the seed for the universe that will follow it.

Here we see the universe evolving from generation to generation, and the information gained in each generation is stored in the singularity, only to burst into life again with the information of the previous stored within the new generation of the eternal evolving universe.

We are created in the image of the eternal, and the fools believe that the invisible mind that is 'WHO THEY ARE', ceases to exist when the body that they evolved in, is returned to the elements from which it originated.

This body that you see It isn’t really me
It’s but the womb in which I’m being formed
For I am spirit, I am mind
And it’s the only place you’ll find
‘Who I Am’ until the day I’m finally born
For I will not be free, until this body that you see
Has returned to the earth from whence it came
It’s then that I’ll be born from this womb in which I’m formed
To carry on in life’s eternal game. …. The Anointed.

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2021 05:22 am
@The Anointed,
Quote:
Evolution without a designer is a dangerous idea because it leads the ignorant and unstable people to believe that there is no point to this life in this generation of the eternal oscillating universe.
Actually the people who believe as you are limited themselves. When anyone states that "FacTOR A, in order to apply, must contain subroutine B", that means that, like youre limited abilities to read phonetically or to only read dithyrhambically means that you dont understand how the natural world even works, youre clueless.
The actual number of folks who believe as you is also limited, you represent a tiny minority of who lack creativity.Beleiving in on fashion is correct if and only if your position of beliefe is based upon unassilable evidence an fact, something that natureal sciences have by the ton. That mans that the IDrs, from what I see of them , are sold ona dream, a wish that thwir fact free instruction manual can be proven somday.

Quote:
Mentally unstable people. who are diagnosed with a terminal disease and given a few weeks to live, and firmly believing that they are going to be obliterated forever, may see that as an opportunity to square up with others that they believe have wrong them in their life of hopefulness, and go on a shooting spree.
Interesting assertion. I eem to see the other side where the rally obsessed religious fanatics seem to be the mass murderers ."If you dont believe my way you dont deserve to live in my world". That sorta sums you up doesnt it??

When it comes to how you see evolution of life, do you claim that your god is transcendent with a totally "Hands off" attitude or does it impart its "Intelligence" onto the devloping world. To me this view is important whan I talk with my religious friends. A world imbued with the work of a designer would be its own title "Have to" be executed much better.
Leadfoot has always said that the IDer makes his work look kind of amateurish and incompetent so he can fool us. Do you feel that way too?
The Anointed

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2021 06:15 am
@farmerman,
Talk to the average punter mate, use language that they can understand, and tell them how you evolved from the first slimy creature that crawled out of the primordial waters, tell them how you believe that they did not pass their gained information through generation to generation in the process of becoming 'Who You Are".

I Never cease to wonder midst the lightening and the thunder
How a million tons of water can just hang there in the sky
And the snow flakes, have you seen them? Such diversity between them
Never two of them the same, I wonder why?

Nature poses many questions and though the scientists may test them
And discover many secrets that she hides
I’ll bet if they could live forever, with all their studies and endeavours
In the end they’d be like us, still mystified

For the world is ever changing, interacting, rearranging
The only constant that you’ll find, is constant change
Take a plant as one example and the evidence is ample
You’ll never find a pair that are the same

Or view it from a different slant: take a photo of a plant
And each------ successive generation as they grow
Then in a million years or so, compare the first and last photo
Or better still----run all the film out in one long row

Then you’ll see the gradual change, no two plants will be the same
Old evolution definitely holds its sway
For each seed must have within it, all the experience of its parent
And In the end result, each plant will have its say….. The Anointed.

Explain to them, what happens to all the information that is gathered in each generation of the universe. Will it cease to exist as all the information that you have gathered in your short existence on earth, is going to cease to exist (As you believe) when that body of yours is returned to the elements from which it was created?
farmerman

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2021 09:20 am
@The Anointed,
evidence is that nucleic acids were not around at the outset. when the carbon xls of purines and pyrimidines were C12 it meant that life started with n imperative for NUTRITION not transcription.
Evidence abounds y a just have to know how to read it.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2021 09:23 am
@The Anointed,
my immortaliity is in my genome. Ive sked you for your blief in THEISTIC evolution. Otherwise your assertions contain absolutely no logic.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2021 09:54 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Leadfoot has always said that the IDer makes his work look kind of amateurish and incompetent so he can fool us. Do you feel that way too?

Really? That's what you got from what I've said?

That is virtually the opposite of my position.
In my POV, there are countless obvious signs of a design in the world/universe we live in.

The confusion I've spoken of is mine. I don't understand why it is not obvious to everyone.

That's both on a technical level and theological level as well. This earth and the conditions we live under are Perfect for accomplishing the goals of God as I understand them. A 'rose garden' would not have done it.
farmerman

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2021 11:45 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
In my POV, there are countless obvious signs of a design in the world/universe we live in.
Not whatyou said to me when I stated that there is a hodgepodge of conflicting "design" before a species enters into the halls as extant. There were , prhaps 20 to 50 different wpecies and genera of pachyderms in theMiocene alone. ere all of these evident of "design" or merely a brief anatomical formthat failed breeding competition??
Youre statment to me was thats how clever th designer was to fool us into tinking that design didnt occur.

Im leaving to redeliver a boat back to the builder in Maine to install front thrusters , I should be back on line Mon or Tues

Ill try to check in by cell the Hinkley's a hotspot.
farmerman

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2021 11:47 am
@Leadfoot,
to me the earth is governed by random chance events ach with contingencies.
As one guy said
"The random event was that you mt your wife at a dance. The contingency is the 3 fine children you share"