Is Evolution a Dangerous Idea? If so, why?

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2021 05:24 am
@farmerman,
I don't understand what is so hard about accepting evolution. If I truly believed there was a god I don't believe the god would mind if I followed the scientific method of investigation. Especially since no god seems to give a **** how we push ourselves in the direction of extinction.
farmerman

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2021 09:38 am
@edgarblythe,
Very Happy Very Happy .
Facts are sweet
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2021 02:43 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

. . . the pro-evolution journal 'Bio-Complexity'. . .

(Small snippet from paper)

Quote:
. . . blindly engineered. . .

They use terms so blatantly ID/anti-evolution, yet you say they're "pro-evolution." Yeah, right.
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2021 08:15 pm
@InfraBlue,
Talk about being in denial! Are you so stupid as to think scientists won’t look at contrary evidence? That’s farmers and other pseudo experts problem, not scientists.

Or are you just too lazy to look it up.
farmerman

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2021 08:30 pm
@InfraBlue,
the Bio Complexity ed board consists of folks like Michael Behe andBill Dembski .
Sure to get some objective views from those guys "Contrary evidence" by Lfoots way of thinking is
A contrary
B Evidence is non-existent .

The anti-science posse is small but vocal and is firmly convinced , though evidenc free. that the planets geology is being manipulated by some being who can then try experimenting with myriads of species of the same genera occupying same niches at the same geologic time and then calling it "INTELLIGENT DESIGN"

farmerman

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2021 04:55 am
@farmerman,
I always likd what Lawrence Krause said about these wacky worldviews.
"I have no problems with ignorance, but what annoys the **** out of me is this illusion of knowledge professed by the anti-science crowd"
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2021 05:14 am
What I don't get is how they come up with a tiny almost factoid and wave it about as evidence the entire science must now crumble.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2021 08:13 am
@edgarblythe,
I have never seen the point in the behaviour of certain evangelicals on A2K.

They are rude nasty and insulting, they attack science and behave in a very unChristian manner.

Plenty of intelligent Christians accept evolution, the Pope for example.

What they are doing is counter productive, they’re anti Science and nasty.

They’re not exactly a good advertisement for Christianity.
farmerman

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2021 10:34 am
@izzythepush,
most of them claim their adherence to "Science" not religion. This is , of course, Bovinaceous Excreta. They make claims and assrtionns and then post articles by Discovery Institute spinoffs.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2021 10:22 am
Dig those idiots working to bring forth living wooly mammoths. We're barely keeping the elephants extant and they want to give us these things to nurture?
farmerman

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2021 02:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
excellent point. They should use CrSPR to clone trunkless eleyphnts nd leve the Mammoths for sometime in the future when weve grown up as a civilization
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2021 09:50 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Talk about being in denial! Are you so stupid as to think scientists won’t look at contrary evidence? That’s farmers and other pseudo experts problem, not scientists.

Or are you just too lazy to look it up.

Heh, "scientists."
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2021 12:29 pm
farmerman

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2021 02:54 pm
@edgarblythe,
never heard that one. Was he the guy that did the songTRANSFUSION?
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2021 03:32 pm
@farmerman,
yessir
0 Replies

hester831

Reply Thu 23 Sep, 2021 08:49 pm
@edgarblythe,
The danger of evolutionism is that it very quickly leads to atheism, a perspective devoid of absolute truth - except for that reported in the literature, not in the Bible. Once you open that can of worms out pops all sorts of "scientifically" justifiable ideas, like eugenics, population control, unclean classes of COVID infected people, yada yada. Where is the room left for the divine precepts? Instead institutions quickly embrace materialism and even the seven tenets of satanism espoused by the U.S. army.

Rest assured God will return to judge the LIVING and the DEAD meaning humanity will never go extinct. There's no requirement to accept evolution because it isn't proven - it requires faith, faith in other people's work and reported experiences, or experiments. There is no proof of evolution in the Bible because it is irrelevant to us today and God knows this. What is so hard about accepting God?
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 23 Sep, 2021 09:23 pm
@hester831,
Most atheists I have known are among the better class of people. I can't speak for other atheists, but I was an atheist before I knew that evolution is a true fact. You say god will return. Where is he/her/it hiding? (Darwin was not yet alive when the Bible was written)
hester831

Reply Thu 23 Sep, 2021 09:34 pm
@edgarblythe,
Why are you judging people a "better class" than others? By what authority or even measures do you do so?

God is not hiding; he has revealed himself throughout history and remains with us in every Tabernacle of the World where the Blessed Sacrament resides. He resides right there, too, in the heart of everyone who has faith in him. I don't say God will return; God has said it, and everything he says he will do.

Darwin's Origin of Species was outsold the year of its publication by Smile's Self Help, but the most printed book of all time is still the Good Book.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 23 Sep, 2021 10:25 pm
@hester831,
In this sense, I call atheists among the good natured and honest, which to me is a better class than rapists and evangelists.

The Bible is printed more than other books so the churches can expect people to own one even if they never read it.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2021 02:45 am
@hester831,
Quote:
The danger of evolutionism is that it very quickly leads to atheism, a perspective devoid of absolute truth

I 'd appreciate if you would share how we arrived at those two conclusions??
1, Accepting(and understanding) evolution necessarily leads to atheism and

2. atheism is devoid of truth. (I think the modifier "absolute" is unnecessary)

Quote:
evolution because it isn't proven - it requires faith, faith in other people's work and reported experiences

isnt that also true for theism?? theres no proof for the existence of the god of the OT Bible and his NT son .