Is Evolution a Dangerous Idea? If so, why?

farmerman

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2021 04:53 pm
@Leadfoot,
you brought up the point to which i merely replied with what the vulgate presented as biblical fact. ask yourself the question
"why did I mak that point?" then whe you know what you wre getting at you can correct me Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2021 10:25 am
Who knew this day would ever come!
Me, debating scripture, with farmerman!

Give me a minute to gather my thoughts.
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2021 10:36 am
@farmerman,
Seriously, I'm still trying to believe there is a difference between those translations. 'Science' is synonymous with 'knowledge', both in literal translations from early languages and in most people's understanding, especially given the time period the Bible comes from.

One version calls it false science.
The other calls it false knowledge.

I really do not see your point. Enlighten me.
farmerman

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2021 10:38 am
@Leadfoot,
the word science postdates kjv and the way you present it you seem to highlight the disciplines of what we know as science today. If you dont get it dont make believe there is no difference
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2021 10:44 am
@Leadfoot,
im not debating "Scripture" Im showing you the differences of exegesis, the vulgate treats knowledge with no focal discipline, not so kjv.
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2021 02:56 pm
@farmerman,
OK, so you're debating the vulgate instead of the KJV. Noted.

Here are a few examples of technology from Christ's time on earth and earlier. Tobsay there was no 'Science' in that time is fatuous BS and you of all people should know that.

Courtesy of Google:
It was no mean technological feat for the Assyrians in 691 B.C. to bring water to Nineveh – two millions blocks of stone were used to build a 30-foot high and 900-foot long channel.

In 2015, archaeologists discovered a 2,000-year-old 13-mile long aqueduct in Jerusalem. It was built by kings in the Hasmonean dynasty, who ruled Judea and its surrounding regions from about 140 B.C. to 37 B.C., and was still in use until only 100 years ago.

The Roman Empire wouldn’t have been possible without the technological advances in water management it invented. Throughout the city of Rome, and running from Germany to Africa, elaborate, highly sophisticated Roman aqueducts that involved underground plumbing supplied water to millions of people.

Information technology

By the time Jesus was born, the history of writing was well established, as evidenced by the discovery of some 20,000 clay tablets found in Nineveh, dating from the 3rd millennium B.C. The immense Royal Library of Alexandria, built in the 3rd century B.C., is thought to have held between 40,000 and 400,000 scrolls, and helped make Alexandria, Egypt, the capital of knowledge and learning in the ancient world.
farmerman

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2021 03:52 pm
@Leadfoot,
Q . What is the densest element on earth

A.Is it Osmium??

Q. No, its Leadfootium

farmerman

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2021 03:58 pm
Ive actually visited and seen Qanats, dug almost 2500 yers ago , in the Saharan highlands naturally "Piping" water into Libya . All they diid was dig ground water wells into the wter table and then connect them horizontally with sloping unerground "canals" called Wanats. But they never used the Libyan or gyptian term for "science or even nginering"
As I said before, suring the enlightenment all these fforts were called "NAtuural Philosophy"
Like the term "Geology" who and when do you think coined that term .
As opposed to THEology
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2021 07:29 pm
@farmerman,
Do you think so? I would say the densest thing around here are the ignorant insult hurling atheists, topped by fm.

I visit all these forums in order to continue the evolution of the invisible mind that is me, in some forums I have met genuine non insult hurling atheists, who are wonderful people, unlike those who haunt this particular forum, you mob don't have the biblical nous to even ask an intelligent question on the subject concerning the scriptures.

I search for those who can ask a propound question, that forces me to search for the answer they and I need. But you will never find an atheist like that on this forum. What a pity.

There was one atheist, who is a very good friend, who quoted the KJV- Luke 2: 1-2; where it is written; "And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be taxed. 2 (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.) Notice the brackets.

Now, I already knew that the census taken during which census Jesus was born, was not a census of Judea, but a census of the entire Roman Empire, (The known world in those days) which was decreed by Caesar Augustus in 8 B.C., which took some 5 years to complete.

My friend then went on to state that the Roman census which was taken in Israel at the time of the birth of Jesus, was the census of Quirinius the governor of Syria, and therefore the scriptures cannot be trusted.

knowing that Quirinius, was not the Roman governor of Syria, that until 6 CE, 9-10 years after the death of Herod the Great in 4 B.C., And never having applied the mind to that apparent error, I was forced to dig deeper into the subject, in order to give him and I, a complete answer.

But I very much doubt that I will find any treasures on this forum that I can keep.
farmerman

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2021 07:35 pm
@The Anointed,
knock yerself out, the difference tween you and me is I am still learning.
The Anointed

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2021 07:41 pm
@farmerman,
Yea, well like I said, I will never learn anything concerning the scriptures, by conversing with the biblical insult hurling ignoramus's on this forum.

Do you wash your thumb regularly old mate? You mob seem to 'thumb up' your dumb atheist mates quite a lot
farmerman

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2021 10:40 pm
@The Anointed,
at least their thumbs are opposable, youre still workin on it a well as that upright thingy. As far as insults, I started raining on you bcause youve been acting like a damn petulant child who is busy "reciting" and wishes us to say "OOOH HOW CLEVER IS THIS OLD ANOINTED FART. HE HASNT LOST TOO MUCH OF THE GREY CELLS". Ill let you go, gotta go watch the games and youve gotta read yer Watchtower
The Anointed

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2021 11:02 pm
@farmerman,
What do mean that magazine that prophesied that Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob were going to be resurrected in 1928, and whose authors built a magnificent mansion for them, from the donations of its readers, in which mansion the authors of that magazine lived?

That magazine which prophesied that the battle of Armageddon, 'The War to end all Wars,' was to occur in 1975'?

Nah I've heard about them. but never read them, you wouldn't have some back copies there that you could distribute to your friends, in your attempt to reveal to them how idiotic some religious cults are. Cos that's what I do, I use their false teaching to destroy their arguments..
glitterbag

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2021 11:10 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Q . What is the densest element on earth

A.Is it Osmium??

Q. No, its Leadfootium

I laughed out loud
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2021 11:27 pm
@The Anointed,
all religions are cults a everyone seems to be trying to say that theirs is the TRUE path. look in amirror lately, you either sell the watchtower or are one of Henry Morris's son;s posse of OEC's. Youre all cults .
The Anointed

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2021 11:37 pm
@farmerman,
Yea! That's why I don't have a religion, I only have a God, who reveals himself and what he wants through his chosen scribes, who recorded the words that they received from him.

But then, of the many cult religions out there, I believe that the atheist cult religion is the worst of the many.
farmerman

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2021 08:27 am
@The Anointed,
naah, a religion of one who is rarely correct but never in doubt, trumps all.
I like your "forced emulsions" of religion and pop science.
The Anointed

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2021 01:12 am
@farmerman,
One of the definitions of religion from the 'Universal Dictionary'.
"Any objective that is pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion."

That describes you atheist mob 'who haunt the forums of the world with conscientious devotion in your zealous pursuit to attack God believers, with foul mouthed juvenile insults, in the hope of stopping them from spreading their messages', down to a tee.

What a pity that you belong to the false atheist religion. I genuinely think highly of you, that is, apart from when you dribble that insulting verbal dysentery down your chin.

farmerman

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2021 04:42 am
@The Anointed,
actually , if you really look at the "attacks" , thhey usually start from some pompous religiou zealot who either "pities" someone who hasnt received a god" or because someone is actually "practicing th religion of atheim"
As an ag/atheist myself, Ive seen that we , as a group , usually talk about stuff limited mostly to literature, science, art, sports, politics fishing, gardening, family, food, memories, puzzles etc.

That pleasent mind set is usually disturbed by some of your crowd beginning to post how "we as atheists are doomed" or some **** like that.

I really give not a rats ass what you believe because it doesnt interfere with my wxistence and mindset. I do take insult at the way you guys introduce yourelves by drawing verbal fire and then blaming us poor souls.
I went through a vry intense Russian Orthodox, Jewish cum Catholic educational experience and I cherish the memories its given me because it did embrace "community" back thein when I was a kid in the 60's.

As I grew and had these doubts about my "eternal existence" and became aware of how much that religious tradition doesnt respect any truth or evidence, I became a disbeliever rather quickly. It saddened my family and, while I still carried on the extended family traditions, the unerlying messages and beliefs just left and were replaced by the natural world for me. The Christian side, with its pomposity and preaching of an afterlife contingent upon good behvior was the end point. Plato efined the "Good" well enough an what was wrong with natural law, we dont need a three headed monster with a pigeons had along side to scare the kiddies, our kids were plnty smart enough to unerstand the Platonic .

In my day to day world, I have a circle of friends, family, and wonderful curious colleagues that also dont give a ratss ass about evidence-free religious beliefs being worthy of any time spend in their presence.

SO, I wish you a happy life, and I just want you to know that I find your conflation of SCripture and Drs Tyson an Greeen rather charming, but (for me an what you believe) theres no there, there.

The process of falsification of your ideas of theistic evolution (Ill leave cosmology out of it as Im really . not impressed when a scientific disipline has so many options a to create chaos in thinking rather than focus)
Your biology is Falsified because , ifyou look at all the natural vidence available, there should be some tracks of an intelligent designer to actually desrve that name. Instead of ID w have "chaotic substitution and adaptation". We see lots of evidence of " RANDOM CHANCE ELICITING BALES OF CONTINGENCIES" and its not so hard to understand and demistify.
You guys are alwys slipping in some "sub- rules" that define how your world works, yet you say that you pledge fealty to laws of Thermo and claim order (where its nonexistent)

Ill just stand here in the wings and post my opinions for others to see and think about. I dont really expect you to change anything about yourelf, Ive seen that message made clear from all the Other IDers/CREATIONISTS whove graced these pages over the last 20 yer.

So, carry on Pelham, youve barely sunk into "rethinking" edition 1
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2021 05:01 am
@The Anointed,
Ya know, I just coined that term "Forced emulsions" based on what we do in chemistry to make unfriendly liguids join togther in harmonious sauces. Like sallad dressing and vinegar dont mix unless you apply some certain foreign substance that has nothing to do with anything but makes a resultant creamy dressing (Im simplifying itto the kitchen)

What many of you guys do is to take some Genesesi, add some Dr Thompson and apply it to a observation an arrive at a "See? GOD DID IT".
I think Ill tick with my forced emulsion analogy rather than just leaning on falification an all the evidence youall seem to be missing

ta ta