Is Evolution a Dangerous Idea? If so, why?

The Anointed

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2021 06:58 pm
@farmerman,
Do you believe that the bodies of your next generation will be created, by random chance events or by the grand design of the human bodies? You may have little control over the minds that develop/created within the bodies of your children, but as to the creation of their bodies all you had to with that, was a roll in the hay with a member of the opposite sex.
Leadfoot

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2021 09:22 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
As one guy said
"The random event was that you mt your wife at a dance. The contingency is the 3 fine children you share."

I liked your line better. Went something like - "You are nothing but a delivery vehicle for your sperm."
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2021 09:25 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Youre statment to me was thats how clever th designer was to fool us into tinking that design didnt occur.

Doesn't sound like something I'd say. Quote with context or it didn't happen.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2021 09:32 am
@Leadfoot,
I saw the post and you did say it.
Leadfoot

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2021 09:34 am
@edgarblythe,
Doesn't sound like something I'd say. Quote with context or it didn't happen.

I do recall once saying something like 'in today's world God doesnt take any action that could be proven to be exclusively His.' That's not part of the scenario here.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2021 09:39 am
@Leadfoot,
Do your own homework. Just because you won't check back and verify doesn't make you right. Not calling you a liar, but just stubborn.
Leadfoot

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2021 09:43 am
@edgarblythe,
Check my edit. U May have passed it in the night.

When i claim a quote, i think ive always figured it was my duty to show it.

Isn't that the way you guys say it is when someone else makes a claim?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2021 10:50 am
@The Anointed,
you do know that sxual rproduction has evolved and that it still is NOT the only wayrproduction occurs. Also recall that 99.999% of all life that ever lived on this planet is extinct. Whats this about dsign??

Gotta go, turning out to sea.
Leadfoot

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2021 12:35 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Also recall that 99.999% of all life that ever lived on this planet is extinct. Whats this about dsign??

That's called Geo-engineering. Just preparing the planet for you and me buddy. Damn nice job if you ask me.
farmerman

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2021 05:57 am
@Leadfoot,
so now youve recanted the statement I accused you of several pages back, where you once said that"ID was done so it actually looked like it was all done naturally" Were you lying then or are you lying now??

Cant have both. If most extinctions were catstrophicallly originated then you also saying that these catastrophes ( eg. Cretaceous "killer meteorite", Permio/Triassic flood basalt) were also the "geo enginering" of the planet. Ya been watching too much Star Trek.
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2021 06:49 am
@farmerman,
I didnt recant anything. I do not believe i said that.
You have shown no evidence that i did.

And why would an intelligent actor place the planned for beings here before an extinction event? So yeah, Geo-engineering certainly fits the facts.
farmerman

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2021 08:43 am
@Leadfoot,
GEOENGINEERING is a fairly new term whose meaning is sorta
(my spin)

"A large scale manipulation of the environment, deliberately undertaken by humans in order to prepare sites for something or rectify an existing large scale problem" (Ive modified it from the AGI Glossary)

SO, your intelligent designer is guilty of causing all the environmental problems that lead to extinctions and then tries to "fix em" using evolution of the left overs."

Sounds not too intelligent to me, but Im used to demanding evidence not someones prsonal beliefs.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2021 08:47 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
I do not believe i said that.
You have shown no evidence that i did
so now im a liar eh? Trust me, you aaid it and it was a conversation between we two about lack of evidence in id.

I dont save posts so Id have to scroll back and thats not worth my time. I know its true, you deny youve said it, Edgar said h read it also. SO unless somone goes back and actually finds the quote, youll skate off.
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2021 02:42 pm
@farmerman,
I think it more likely that you either misunderstood something, took it out of context or thought i was serious about something i said as a joke.

If you claim after all these years of my posting here that my claim is that God has intentionally hidden any sign of his having created all this, you are simply lying to yourself. My claim has been just the opposite.

Oh wait a minute. Now i recall a conversation where i said maybe the reason you, edgar, et al were not able to see the obvious evidence of ID was because of a scripture saying that some He would blind to the truth.

I was only half joking because it might actually apply.
I can't remember the scripture chapter & verse off hand but if its important to you i will look it up.
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2021 02:57 pm
@Leadfoot,
I don't see how anyone could conflate those two as having the same meaning.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2021 03:04 pm
@Leadfoot,
So I hear yet again from the" Commisariat of Enlightenment".
Claiming that geoengineering is also an ID event is kinda precious but inane.

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2021 03:08 pm
@Leadfoot,
"obvious evidence" of ID is something you love to repeat yet you fail to deliver, ever. try bearing down an lemme have it. Remember the rules of evience in science Repeatable, able to be tested, falsifiable, and readily visible .
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2021 07:31 pm
@farmerman,
Aw come on, you want me to post my protein argument AGAIN? You haven't addressed it the first time.

Don't you have a boat to catch?
And don't you want that scripture reference? I looked it up if ya do.
farmerman

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2021 08:01 pm
@Leadfoot,
I got back this morning, slpt a few hrs and worked a hayfield. You do anything interesting?

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2021 11:31 pm
I have been reading over the first three or four pages of this thread. I had forgotten all the good minds that contributed. They will never read this post, most of them, but I humbly thank all who have made it what it is.
0 Replies