Is Evolution a Dangerous Idea? If so, why?

Ionus

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 11:22 pm
@Jason Proudmoore,
Quote:
Being a scientist just doesn't make a person rational...
Oh what dribble...scientists never suffer from mental illness of any kind - stress, depression, drug use,..... they never committ anti-social acts - murder, hatred, jealousy, sexual promiscuity...they ARE God.....have a lie down.
Quote:
do you know what compartmentalization is? It's from Psychology...
This will be fun...
Quote:
And so was a cellphone, mite.
You think a cellphone is impossible do you shorty ?
Quote:
Quote:
I repeat : Alternate universes, parrallel dimensions, alternate realities, etc
It's supported by mathematics, mite...
You mean if you play long enough with unreal numbers you get unreal results .
Ionus

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 11:28 pm
@Jason Proudmoore,
Quote:
They is no evidence for a god or gods...why would I want people believe in things that aren't supported by evidence.
Because intuition and instincts support things that can not be calculated. The human mind has a computer that beats the snot out of one calculation at a time. There is more to complex things than the sum of the parts.
Quote:
When it comes to being rational, you have to let go of irrational things..
Like scientists should be worshipped instead of religion...does this mean the religious will be practicing science ?
Jason Proudmoore

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 11:32 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
For the record, exactly what are you complaining about , shorty ?

I am not complaining...your tallness...

Quote:
You have admitted that science gets it wrong.

Yeah...and when it gets it wrong, it corrects it...
Quote:
The right thing ?

Quote:
You associate science with morality ?????

I'm associating scientific honesty with morality.

Quote:
And how does science eliminate technology from the hands of the irrational and insane ?

By educating the irrationals, so they won't be irrationals anymore.

Code:Not only is it not infallible, but until it understands the COMPLETE human mind and the universe in its ENTIRETY it has no right to say religion shouldnt exist.

And this is how honest science is...it doesn't not claim to understand anything fully...because truth pertains that there is nothing else to search for...opposed with religion, that claims that there is a god, and they know what this god wants you to eat, wants you to be friends with, what day to worship Him, etc...that you call honesty and moral?

Quote:
Science, the Pope and anyone else who thinks they are infallible is full of ****.

When you say that you know the mind of God or the truth, you are deemed infallible...and who does this...the majority of the religious.

Quote:
Agreed, which is why science can not be demanded to replace religion.

So, if you become religious, it would make you infallible? How is that? Religion claims to be infallible by claiming to know "the Truth"...while real scientists don't make such claim...how about that?
Jason Proudmoore

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 11:37 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
Youve been up all night studying havent you ?

Yup...as always...while you sleep and dream of angels...

Quote:
Thank you. Your generosity is only exceded by your gayness.

My gayness considered generosity to you? Wow!
you wrote:
Quote:
They observed the curvature of the earth.

I responded:
Quote:
And is this in the Bible, too?

You responded:
Quote:
No.

So, if ancient seamen knew that the world was round, how come the Bible shows otherwise?
Jason Proudmoore

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 11:41 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
Then man up and apologise for calling me a liar and that will end the matter.

Ok...I apologize for you thinking that I called you a liar, even when you misinform people...

Quote:
Consider this "coming back with this".

I'm "considering"
Quote:

If that is all you have, that the mentally ill are represented in the religious as they are in scientists, then you aint got Jack.

That's not all I have...then I've got jack...according to your logic...
Jason Proudmoore

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 11:48 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
Oh what dribble...scientists never suffer from mental illness of any kind - stress, depression, drug use,..... they never committ anti-social acts - murder, hatred, jealousy, sexual promiscuity...they ARE God.....have a lie down.

Not as prevalent as the religious...but you might find one or too in the science arena...
Quote:

You think a cellphone is impossible do you shorty ?

Now, cellphones aren't impossible to make, your "highness"...before, it was even difficult to come up with a working model...

Quote:

Play with the same numbers that calculate the speed of light, the behavior and formation of black holes, and the relativism of time and space? Yeah, they are unreal.
Jason Proudmoore

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 11:58 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
Because intuition and instincts support things that can not be calculated.

But how do you know this if this can't be tested...do you have to believe it hard enough until it becomes real to you"

Quote:
The human mind has a computer that beats the snot out of one calculation at a time.

Bullshit! We have computers that do these calculation billions of times than the human brain...

Quote:
There is more to complex things than the sum of the parts.

Yeah...
Quote:

Like scientists should be worshipped instead of religion..

Yeah, scientist desire to be worshiped...didn't you read the last science Journal?

Quote:
.does this mean the religious will be practicing science ?

I don't even know what this means...
Jason Proudmoore

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2010 12:09 am
@farmerman,
You want to become like the religious authorities...wanting to censor what they don't like?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2010 02:16 am
@Jason Proudmoore,
Quote:
Quote:
And how does science eliminate technology from the hands of the irrational and insane ?
By educating the irrationals, so they won't be irrationals anymore.
Your boundless enthusiasm for science had made you an elitist. I have known people who had zip of an education and they had far less irrational behaviour in their whole lives then you have shown in one thread. Were you irrational before your "education" ???
Quote:
And this is how honest science is...it doesn't not claim to understand anything fully...
I assume when you say "it doesnt not claim" you mean "it does claim" ? Yet you understand the human mind enough to tell others what to do with their lives. For you, science is complete.
Quote:
When you say that you know the mind of God or the truth, you are deemed infallible...and who does this...the majority of the religious.

Your knowledge of religion is pathetic. To know the mind of God is not possible. Religion constantly squashes the concept of superior people, unlike you.
Quote:
So, if you become religious, it would make you infallible?
No, it would enable you to live your life with greater peace. No-one, and I want you to pay attention here, no-one, including scientists, is infallible.
Quote:
Religion claims to be infallible by claiming to know "the Truth"...
Religion never claims to be infallible. It claims to know the truth to inner peace and how to achieve life after death.
Quote:
Religion claims to be infallible .....while real scientists don't make such claim..
Does that include scientists who are religious ?
Have you ever belonged to a religion ? I would guess not because your ignorance is over whelmingly obvious.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2010 02:17 am
@Jason Proudmoore,
Quote:
if ancient seamen knew that the world was round, how come the Bible shows otherwise?
It doesnt.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2010 02:21 am
@Jason Proudmoore,
Quote:
Quote:
I said : Why would I lie ?
You've done it many times...

Quote:
I apologize for you thinking that I called you a liar, even when you misinform people...
Do it properly and uncross your fingers...

0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2010 02:24 am
@Jason Proudmoore,
Quote:
Quote:
Not as prevalent as the religious...but you might find one or too in the science arena...
Show me a study that PROVES there are more mentally ill in the realm of religion then there are in science.
Quote:
Quote:
Play with the same numbers that calculate the speed of light, the behavior and formation of black holes, and the relativism of time and space? Yeah, they are unreal.
I will wait while you google to find out what an unreal number is.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2010 02:35 am
@Jason Proudmoore,
Quote:
Quote:
Because intuition and instincts support things that can not be calculated.
But how do you know this if this can't be tested...do you have to believe it hard enough until it becomes real to you"
It is based on an individuals ability. Like Einstein's thought experiments. Like in the 5th century BC, when Leucippus proposed the atom model of matter. These can not be tested.
Quote:
Quote:
The human mind has a computer that beats the snot out of one calculation at a time.
Bullshit! We have computers that do these calculation billions of times than the human brain...
We cant even make a computer to cross the road at a scramble walkway..too many variables...which is where the human mind triumphs and your pathetic one calculation at a time crap falls flat.
Quote:
Quote:
There is more to complex things than the sum of the parts.
Yeah...
No really, there is...perhaps if I explain....take all the pieces of a car...explain to it how science is superior if you want...but it will go nowhere. Put all those pieces together, and it moves. It isnt magic, iy is science based on the whole is more than the sum of the parts. One of the major failings of science is that it pulls things apart to study them, then yells out go and notes that nothing happens.
Quote:
Quote:
Like scientists should be worshipped instead of religion..
Yeah, scientist desire to be worshiped...didn't you read the last science Journal?
So your intentions towards them have been rejected ?
Quote:
I don't even know what this means...
It means if the sciences are going to tell religion what to do, then what is wrong with the religious telling science what to do ?

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2010 04:21 am
@farmerman,
concur
farmerman

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2010 04:49 am
@edgarblythe,
Its amazin, now theres a whole host of :ignores" and I can see your post like it was a pumpkin in a snowbank.
spendius

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2010 04:58 am
@edgarblythe,
Here is the proof that evolution is a dangerous idea Ed. And it comes from your side.

farmerman wrote-

Quote:
. (Of course Ive got spenid back on ignore,

It means he daren't look at arguments that evolution is a dangerous idea. They are too near the knuckle for him. And I can assure you Ed that I have been very genteel with them and only skirted around the polite periphery. Even that is too hot to handle. So where would we be if I changed into top gear and rammed my foot to the boards.

farmerman wishes us to proceed on his bald assertion that evolution is not a dangerous idea despite millions thinking it is, many millions, and he tries to keep the discussion in neutral talking about fossils and his own expertise, which few people know about although some of them know other expertises, and no sooner is there a faint hint gently coming nearer to the real reasons why millions think it is a dangerous idea and he's ignoring it. He won't even listen to it.

He must know that if the real reasons were giving a gallop around the block a few times the many millions would become a very large number of millions and that all the other stuff is simply in the service of avoiding having to lay them out, the real reasons, on a slab in a laboratory and have them dissected by keen, empirically minded scientists.

Absolutely unassailable proof that farmerman thinks evolution is a dangerous idea and he's keeping shtumm about it and weaving the winds for some personal reason of his own.

It stands to reason. Why else put me on Ignore? It's too hot for him to handle. And all because his studies of Christianity have been confined to those 'experts' who are in the same anti-religion coalition that he's in and the lot of them are going around and around in circles pretending they are going forward in a straight line.

I don't suppose I need remind a scientifically minded person such as yourself Ed how unscientific such a procedure actually is. It's as bad as galloping a wooden horse on a roundabout.

If the defence at Dover had produced a few hints in the direction I am referring to the court would have been cleared and possibly disinfected with a powerful astringent fumigator.

"Keep a clean head and always carry a lightbulb."
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2010 05:55 am
@farmerman,
nope, Ill just keep spendi on ignore a while. Hes caterwaullin about something again.

There are several of the self described "elites" in our area who write to our newspapers that although they support evolution as a fact, they do not want it taught to our kids in public schools. DAMN, I thought spendi was alone in that nonsense! I cannot figure out the disconnect that such people have to the expectations of the next generation. Are they just giving up because of rising controversey from the religious right? Why would anyone even consider that (other than spwendi of course whod gone on record with that premise several years ago). He must be catching.

HEY, In our latitude, sunset will be at 8PM by next SUnday. I think were out of the woods for snow.
spendius

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2010 06:10 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
I cannot figure out the disconnect that such people have

Nor will you ever if you ignore the communications you don't like. Can you not see that selecting your inputs leads to tunnel vision?

I'm aware that Ignore might only be a face saver and that the my posts might be being read but not responded to.
Ionus

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2010 07:21 am
@spendius,
At least religious people admit to having a religion. It seems science worshippers dont know their own artful dodges and prejudices whilst accusing others of the same. At least we dont have Ed running around yapping like someone's little fluffy runaway bath mat.

They are bigots.
spendius

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2010 08:28 am
@Ionus,
That's alright Io. They are entitled to be bigots.

It is that they have the temerity and the overweening arrogance to think they should be running the educational system and the minds of 50 million kids and all the systems which are required to manage such a grotesque amalgamation of the little monsters, that is so ridiculous. And with nothing other than a few throwaway lines they got out of a third rate book which was only written in the first place to flatter their stunted intelligences.
0 Replies