Is Evolution a Dangerous Idea? If so, why?

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 09:45 pm
@Ionus,
I wrote:
Quote:
I didn't read something you posted(which you claimed I didn't) that is well known by A2Kers with a rational brain to be garbage, doesn't make me a bigot...

You wrote:
Quote:
Yes it does.

I think this one counts as the best argument in all A2K history...

Quote:
Sure. Your self love and hate of others is driving you now.

I don't hate you...I care for you, Ionus...I do all this because I care for people...misinformation isn't useful to humanity (I don't know how much I'm able to stress this)...it's detrimental to the advancement of knowledge.
I wrote:
Quote:
Can you name me a theory that is not factual?

Ionus wrote:
Quote:
Gomer can...he names String Theory.

Can you or Gomer prove String Theory wrong...if any of you can, then it is a failed theory...how about that?

Quote:
I said : a scientific theory is an explanation composed of facts...would you also say that music theory, the theory of gravity , the theory of germs, the theory of nuclear fusion, and other scientific theories are not factual?

You said : A Theory by definition can be proven wrong when more facts are known.

You said : You try to be dismissive in the hope someone who believes you will know what you are talking about. Forlorne hope. Can you tell which theories are failed theories before more facts are known ?

I said : They are failed theories (or scientific explanations)when they are proven wrong by peer review scientists

So they didnt have facts in them.

You don't seem to understand English very well, Ionus...you have to prove that a theory is wrong or nonfactual...then, if you prove it, it becomes a failed theory....a theory that passes scientific peer review is regarded as a scientific theory...I don't know how clear I can be...in the scientific arena there are also hypothesis, which is less than a theory...it's like an idea.
Jason Proudmoore

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 09:57 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
Is that a witty retort for your level of intelligence because it is rather pathetic, just like you.

But you do recognize wittiness...
I wrote:
Quote:
I'm just telling you that it isn't relevant because this doesn't contribute anything to the core argument.

you responded:
Quote:
You are telling me...another example of your ego.

But it is true...how is the knowledge of seamen that the world was round or spherical relevant to the fact that the catholic church kept the idea that the Earth was flat even when it was proven wrong? Where did the Catholic Church get the idea...from the Bible...there.

Quote:
Make up your mind. First you say the Bible can be twisted to say the earth is flat and now you say it didnt contribute. Focus, man/girl !

The Bible did not contribute to any scientific discovery that the Earth was spherical...it was the result of scientists...not from the religious...understand now?
I wrote:
Quote:
because the Bible teaches that the Earth is flat...

You responded:
Quote:
This was discussed and you were in error.

But you have to actually prove that I was wrong...this is not a speculation game.

Quote:
No, it is definitely a globe..unless you belive the moon landings were faked too.

How many times do I have to tell you...I don't do beliefs..
Quote:

Your sources are pretty pictures that you have to post because they are so pretty.

And funny too...

Quote:
But you must already know those sources to argue what they say....

Well...yeah...
Quote:
dont you oh mighty greek philosopher ?

You can call me Zeus...
Jason Proudmoore

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 10:11 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
When your handicap is recognised and you get a position to study at Uni you will become aware that it is a learning institution not a teaching one.

Well...professors do teach at the Uni...what are you talking about?
Quote:
I've already been in academia...this is not relevant.
Then you get your first degree and are expected to be self taught even moreso
But I already have my degree...two to be exact...

Quote:
Then you are in the real world and if you dont learn you get fired.

So, educating yourself and claiming to know everything is considered "the real world"? ...

Quote:
This is the nature of being self educated.

It is the nature of being cheap and ignorant...
Quote:
We cant all sit around unemployed like you.

Unemployed like me? You have nothing else to say...and this just proved it.
Quote:
By they way, where did you get your qualifications that would take a month or more to list ?

For the regular people it would take me less than a minute...and for you to understand them, it would require a month or more...

Quote:
The Hollywood upstairs school for abused children ?

Abused children? Is this reversed psychology?
Quote:

Oh but you would. You cant understand anything that doesnt agree with you.

Oh yea...I've been wrong many, many, many times...but with you, it's too easy..

Quote:
Deep ? Perhaps to you it is....I wrote it.

Quote:
You mean the Lion King? It's a Disney animated movie...it's fictional...talking animals don't exist, Ionus...

But, it's true...animals no other than humans (and parrots) don't talk...

Quote:
Did they also tell you Santa doesnt exist ? Poor diddims...

Santa doesn't exist? ****! Why did you have to ruin it for me?
I wrote:
Quote:
No...you know why? 'cause I am running the asylum...

You responded:
Quote:
You think you are running the asylum ? Hahahahhaha Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Well I am from the factory and you have been recalled.

Laughing historically...I think it's time for you to take another pill Twisted Evil
Jason Proudmoore

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 10:17 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
You think you are being honest.... Shocked

Very...

Quote:
No, you are attacking people for being different and are telling them they are wrong to believe in religion.

Well, when I first started "debating" with you, you began insulting me instead of having a civil discussion...I'm going to repeat myself one more time: if you want to have a serious discussion with me, you'll have one...a very good one...but if you want to be irrational and a clown...you will know...because I will let you know.

Quote:
You have a picture of yourself trying to overcome your obvious inadequacies with overcompensating.

I'm not trying...it's done already...
Quote:
I defend Christians out of altruism..you attack them out of fear and bigotry.

Why don't you admit that you're a Christian instead of denying it?
Jason Proudmoore

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 10:29 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
Thats all you talk about.

No...I can talk about politics,too...wanna give it a try?

Quote:
Get a job and stop sitting around wasting your life watching movies.

I have a job, mite...a very good one...and what's wrong about watching movies? You were the one who brought up "The Spirit"...

Quote:
I understand movies are improtant to your learning and they quieten you down.

And so does a book...

Quote:
But you need to do something more with you life.

Like what? Being a self-educated person like you? Ha!
Quote:
Arent people hiring self proclaimed "take more than a month to list all my qualifications" people ?

I don't know...you should know...

Quote:
You ask a question, I answer it and you think I was out to prove you wrong.

What question did you answer? Which one?
Quote:
You were an abused child werent you ?

I grew up in a very loving, secular family...

Quote:
Who did it ?

Who did what?

Quote:
A Catholic priest ?

A Catholic priest did it? WoW!

Quote:
So what ?

You asked me "who gives a ****?"...and I told you that I give a ****...that is " so what".

Quote:
In the sense that justifies it being called the dark ages. Try to keep up..it really is painful to have to educate as we go.

And you still can't explain anything...

Quote:
When you have professional status you will expect to be self educated as your education continues.

Professional status in what...in professional bullshiting?

Quote:
You see we dont stay at home watching movies and hoping that will improve our knowledge, neither do we assume like you have that we already know everything.

I like movies, and I like books...what do you like?
Jason Proudmoore

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 10:34 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
You sat down and figured it out....then took a photo of your rear....then displayed in publicly to annoy religious people.... Rolling Eyes

http://www.clipartguide.com/_named_clipart_images/0511-0906-1405-3831_Cartoon_of_a_Boy_Mooning_With_His_Pants_Down_clipart_image.jpg

Quote:
The problem of you being a vertically challenged unemployable narcissist with strong homosexual tendencies and delusions of being a greek philosopher.

Ah! The insults...now you added "unemployed" to the lot...how do you know I'm unemployed? Did you take this scientific method from the Hebrew Bible too? Wow! Amazing!
Jason Proudmoore

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 10:38 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
No, see the words "the original context"....

Okay...I did...your point?
I wrote:
Quote:
No person thinks I'm stupid...

You responded:
Quote:
Shocked

Exactly...NO PERSON thinks I'm stupid...

Quote:
Thank you.

You're welcome...

Quote:
You dont want to understand.

But I do...I swear...
Quote:
Your religious bigotry for science prevents you from understanding people.

Isn't this a oxymoron?

Quote:
Stop before you write something...it is the best you can hope for.

This means you didn't listen to me...
Ionus

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 10:46 pm
@Jason Proudmoore,
Quote:
I think this one counts as the best argument in all A2K history...
No, I like your HUH ? and SO WHAT ? as examples of your winning arguments.
Quote:
I do all this because I care for people...
You tell people not to believe in God because you care for them....
Quote:
Can you or Gomer prove String Theory wrong...
I dont think String Theory is wrong so take it up with Gomer.
Quote:
you have to prove that a theory is wrong or nonfactual...then, if you prove it, it becomes a failed theory
So you agree it would be a theory that didnt have facts in it ?
Ionus

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 10:54 pm
@Jason Proudmoore,
Quote:
Quote:
Is that a witty retort for your level of intelligence because it is rather pathetic, just like you.
But you do recognize wittiness...
Yes.
Quote:
how is the knowledge of seamen that the world was round or spherical relevant to the fact that the catholic church kept the idea that the Earth was flat even when it was proven wrong? Where did the Catholic Church get the idea...from the Bible...there.
So before the Bible people thought the earth was a globe, right ?
Quote:
The Bible did not contribute to any scientific discovery that the Earth was spherical...it was the result of scientists...not from the religious...
There werent many scientists in fishing and trading boats since the dawn of humanity but they were religious.
Quote:
But you have to actually prove that I was wrong...this is not a speculation game.
No, you made the claim the Bible states the earth is flat, you prove it....
Quote:
Quote:
But you must already know those sources to argue what they say....
Well...yeah...
So your source is ....
Quote:
You can call me Zeus...
Rather humble of you....
Jason Proudmoore

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 11:00 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
No, I like your HUH ? and SO WHAT ? as examples of your winning arguments.

It's not a winning strategy...the reason for my "huh?" and "so what?" is because I don't understand what you said...and I need further explanation....

Quote:
You tell people not to believe in God because you care for them....

I tell people not to believe in things that aren't rationally supported...and God happens to be one of those things...

Quote:
I dont think String Theory is wrong so take it up with Gomer.

I asked you to name me a theory that is wrong...and I'm not debating Gomer...

Quote:
So you agree it would be a theory that didnt have facts in it ?

It wouldn't be a scientific theory if it didn't contain facts...it has to be factual in order to pass scientific peer review...
Jason Proudmoore

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 11:06 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
So before the Bible people thought the earth was a globe, right ?

How many times do I have to tell you that there were people who knew the Earth was a sphere? Yes, some people knew this...and the church didn't want to acknowledge the idea.

Quote:
There werent many scientists in fishing and trading boats since the dawn of humanity but they were religious.

What is your point here?

Quote:
No, you made the claim the Bible states the earth is flat, you prove it....

I did prove it...don't you remember?

Quote:
So your source is ....

The Bible...that's the main source..

Quote:
Rather humble of you....

Wink
Ionus

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 11:08 pm
@Jason Proudmoore,
Quote:
...professors do teach at the Uni...what are you talking about?
No one TEACHES at Uni, you are expected to educate yourself. Clearly you know as little about teaching as you do of the subjects you post on.
Quote:
But I already have my degree...two to be exact...
If that is true, and you have them from somewhere other than the Hollywood Upstairs School for Abused Children, then you have to catch up to me.
Quote:
So, educating yourself and claiming to know everything is considered "the real world"? ...
No, just educating yourself...your delusions about knowing everything is not a part of the real world.
Quote:
Quote:
This is the nature of being self educated.
It is the nature of being cheap and ignorant...
You think it is cheap and ignorant to continue to educate oneself after Uni ?

Now it takes from less than a minute to a month or more to list your qualifications..is this dependant on how heavily medicated you are ?

Quote:
Unemployed like me?
You have told us you are unemployed.
Quote:
I think it's time for you to take another pill
I dont do drugs. You might want to consider following my example.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 11:11 pm
@Jason Proudmoore,
Quote:
Well, when I first started "debating" with you, you began insulting me instead of having a civil discussion...I'm going to repeat myself one more time: if you want to have a serious discussion with me, you'll have one...a very good one...but if you want to be irrational and a clown...you will know...because I will let you know.
Fair enough...lead on McDuff....
Quote:
Why don't you admit that you're a Christian instead of denying it?
Why would I lie ? I am not a Christian. Is it only Christians you pathologically attack ?
Ionus

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 11:22 pm
@Jason Proudmoore,
Quote:
No...I can talk about politics,too...wanna give it a try?
The Politics of "Is Evolution a Dangerous Idea? If so, why?"
Quote:
what's wrong about watching movies?
When you think the Lion King is an original source, you need to turn off the Telly and go to bed like a good little boy.
Quote:
I have a job, mite...a very good one...
Sweeping the hallway of the asylum is not a very good job even if it is within your capabilities.
Quote:
I don't know...you should know...
Very witty for a kindergarten.
Quote:
What question did you answer? Which one?
For God's sake, catch up.
Quote:
Quote:
In the sense that justifies it being called the dark ages. Try to keep up..it really is painful to have to educate as we go.
And you still can't explain anything...
I gave reasons why it was called the Dark Ages and who named it. You said civilisation was dark and you couldnt say who named it...remember now ?

Quote:
Quote:
When you have professional status you will expect to be self educated as your education continues.
Professional status in what...in professional bullshiting?
No, in a formal profession.
Jason Proudmoore

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 11:22 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
Fair enough...lead on McDuff....

Wasn't I leading?
Quote:
Why would I lie ?

You've done it many times...

Quote:
I am not a Christian.

But you like to defend Christians and like to diminish science...why wouldn't I think you're a Christian?

Quote:
Is it only Christians you pathologically attack ?

No attacks...just trying to make them see reason...same with Muslims, Jews, and even UFO abductees...they all irrationals...
Ionus

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 11:28 pm
@Jason Proudmoore,
Quote:
Quote:
The problem of you being a vertically challenged unemployable narcissist with strong homosexual tendencies and delusions of being a greek philosopher.
Ah! The insults....
???? being short is insulting ? - tell that to Napoleon and Caesar. Being unemployable is insulting ? - tell that to those in sheltered workshops. Having strong homosexual tendencies is insulting ? - I know homosexual men who would rip your head off and **** down your throat for that one. So we are left with narcissist and delusions but as long as you are undergoing therapy, there is no insult...you are undergoing therapy arent you ?
Jason Proudmoore

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 11:30 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
The Politics of "Is Evolution a Dangerous Idea? If so, why?"

I've already covered that...gave the example of the scientists who are also religious and interpret the Bible differently...
Quote:
When you think the Lion King is an original source, you need to turn off the Telly and go to bed like a good little boy.

I don't think so...but you were the one who used it in one of your "explanations"...
Quote:
Sweeping the hallway of the asylum is not a very good job even if it is within your capabilities.

Someone has to take care of the garbage...when the proper personnel is not present.

Quote:
For God's sake, catch up.

Which god?

Quote:
I gave reasons why it was called the Dark Ages and who named it. You said civilisation was dark and you couldnt say who named it...remember now ?

Who named what?

Quote:
No, in a formal profession.

Bullshitting is not a profession, Ionus...
Ionus

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 11:31 pm
@Jason Proudmoore,
Quote:
Quote:
No, see the words "the original context"....
Okay...I did...your point?
You have to read it within its original context to understand it. THAT is the point.
Quote:
Quote:
Your religious bigotry for science prevents you from understanding people.
Isn't this a oxymoron?
No.
Quote:
Quote:
Stop before you write something...it is the best you can hope for.
This means you didn't listen to me...
No, it means I did read what you wrote and I am helping you in your desire to maintain your chosen appearance as a greek philosopher.
Ionus

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 11:36 pm
@Jason Proudmoore,
Quote:
It's not a winning strategy...
I agree. So dont use it in the hope someone will give up and go away.
Quote:
I tell people not to believe in things that aren't rationally supported...and God happens to be one of those things...
For the people that have God in their lives THEY are the ones supported and you wish to take that away so they can all be like you.
Quote:
...it has to be factual in order to pass scientific peer review...
And once it passes peer review it can not be proven wrong. Correct ?
Jason Proudmoore

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 11:40 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
???? being short is insulting ?

Don't think so....

Quote:
- tell that to Napoleon and Caesar

Next time I'll see them...

Quote:
Being unemployable is insulting ?

Are you the one who determines what's insulting or not?

Quote:
- tell that to those in sheltered workshops.

I will...

Quote:
Having strong homosexual tendencies is insulting ?

I don't think so...
-
Quote:
I know homosexual men who would rip your head off and **** down your throat for that one.

Of course you do...

Quote:
So we are left with narcissist and delusions but as long as you are undergoing therapy, there is no insult...

Of course there is no insult...now, take your pill and I'm going to take you to your room...

Quote:
you are undergoing therapy arent you ?

Look, you will feel right at home:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2481/3793447963_4d3df51310.jpg
0 Replies